Hey, Ekendra checking in here...

Eksster

My name's Ekendra. I live in Eugene, OR, and I found this forum from roberts myspace bulletin. I'v become more of an animal rights activist over the last couple of years, and continue more so at a rapid rate. I was raised vegetarian, and have never had meat in my life! Not once! It's something I'm very proud of. I'm coming to realize that there is much pain behind dairy as well, but it has been less blatent to me over the years than the slaughter and eating of the flesh. Either way, I feel very strongly about animal rights, and humans all over the world me with their ignorance towards animals. That's not all, but I don't feel like going off about how dumb we can be. You already know. I'm always looking for good recipies, and more knowledge. I love to cook! and I love to now help other people realize what they are taking part in by eating meat... and that it's not beef and pork, but innocent animals like their dogs and cats. I'm building a car right now, and contemplating how I'm going to do the paint job when it comes to that. (I'm an art major) I'm going to design words into the paint job deep below many layers of clear coat.. Havn't given to much thought to it yet but something like " Go Vegan", or "Love animals, don't eat them". I'v been rather pesemistic all my life through having been a minority and getting picked on growing up vegetarian. I just assume everyone eats meat, and am really surprised when I meet people that don't. It's always refreshing to me, and I hope that within my life time, I hope to see many changes including enlightenment in this area. _ atleast to the point where everyone knew exactly what is involved with and what the reprocutions are for eating meat. That way we can call the ones that still choose to: Stupid! No one will want to reproduce with them, and they'l die off leaving only a world of no intentional slaughter, except for killing eachother... I guess we like to do that too. Picture this next feeling of mine from my perspetive of growing up on the other side-the vegetarian side. It is such bs propaganda for people to raise their kids eating meat. It makes me sick when I see parents give their kids meat and avoid letting them know what it is... It's too disturbing. If they grew up knowing what it is instead of being ignorant to it, the majority would not eat it. I guess this forum will be good for me. I can say how I feel to an open audience. Anyways, more about me for my first posting.. after all, this is the intro about me section. Like Robert, I too am trying to show people through working out, and my general health, that they don't need to eat animals. I have never eaten meat like I said, and senior year in highschool weighing in at 155lbs, I bench pressed 305lbs, and at 160lbs a year ago, I did 45 consecutive pull up's. So I'm proud of those numbers. And I like to bragg. It feels good. Right now I can do about 37 pull up's. I don't work out as much any more. I'm a student and I work full time, although right now I'm not allowed to work because I recently broke my ankle. And until its totally better I can't work. So I'm finishing out school, and working on my 300zx tt. Yeaya. be my budd on myspace.. http://www.myspace.com/ekendragoravani

Thanks for listening, ciao

Great intro! Welcome aboard! Cool that you are just down the road as well. There are quite a few of us on here from Oregon.

Awesome that you have been meat-free for your whole life, that is totally something to be very proud of and something your parents and family should be very proud of.

Great numbers on lifting and pull-ups. That is some serious stuff man!

Welcome aboard Ekendra! You'll have fun here!

Hey dude, yeah lots of people feel the same way about animal rights here. I wasn't raised vegetarian as such, but my parents were hippy type people whilst I was growing up, and I became vegetarian when I was about 5. Making that choice was just logical to me back then, but other people of course don't change with you, and you become an outsider and they don't understand your views, and then you get bullied by assholes. I'm sure lots of people here have been through that too.

Hey hopefully we can get you off dairy soon. We can answer any questions you might have about it. If I met someone who was serious about compassion, the first thing I'd tell them to get rid of would be dairy, even before meat, in my opinion the production of dairy is one of the worst things.

Congrats on the personal bests, that's pretty tough, especially the pullups.

Welcome aboard

Great to read your intro this morning! Welcome! It is also very cool that you are fairly closeby! I live in Sisters. I am an artist, a painter for about 35 years. Hey, GREAT numbers on your pull-ups! And I can't wait to see your car when it's done. Welcome!