Greetings from The Netherlands

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

nobbi
Manatee

Greetings from The Netherlands

#1 Postby nobbi » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:38 pm

Hello veggie sports(wo)men,

let me introduce myself.

I am Norbert from The Netherlands, 33 yrs old and at the very beginning of serious weight training. My goal - simply gain some muscles, losing fat, and create definition. My problem - I hate sports! So, every tip and support is welcome.
I am vegetarian since 1992 and vegan for 2 1/2 years. I even was on raw food for some time, but unfortunately I am not strong enough to stick to it.
Last month I have started to train with a split program 4 - 6 times a week. For fatburning I try to run at least 3 times a week approx. 45 -60 minutes. Not without results if I may say so. You can find a before and after pic at

http://home.wanadoo.nl/maartennijkerk/veganbodybuilding/fotos.htm

Now I need to have the energy to keep on going. But sorry guys... bodybuilding is boring. So, if I really want to get more muscles I have to run up a big hill.

Drop me a note if you like for tips, chat... whatever.

By the way... any Dutch vegan sportsmen around??

Norbert

robert
Site Admin

#2 Postby robert » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:31 pm

Hello Norbert,

Welcome to the group! Thanks for saying hi and introducing yourself. I checked out your before and after photos. Great job, I can really see a difference.

I'm just about to leave my apartment to go visit my sister but I will get back in touch later on.

Greetings, and enjoy your time here!

Take care,

Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

brendan
Rabbit

#3 Postby brendan » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:19 pm

Great before-and-after shots. It's really cool to see that kind of progress. Welcome aboard!

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#4 Postby V VII Hero » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:27 pm

hey dude,

great progress.

Daywalker
Elephant

#5 Postby Daywalker » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:09 am

Hey nobbie :D

Welcome!
Not only great a great improvement, but also in a very short time! Good work!

See you on the board,
D. 8)
No one said it would be easy.

DanDz
Rabbit

welcome

#6 Postby DanDz » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:02 pm

Welcome Nobbie! I think you will really enjoy the environment on this site. Enthusiastic, compassionate, intelligent, and healthy - all factors that make this a great site. Glad to have you on board!

kollision
Elephant

Re: Greetings from The Netherlands

#7 Postby kollision » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:21 am

nobbi wrote:Hello veggie sports(wo)men,

let me introduce myself.

I am Norbert from The Netherlands, 33 yrs old and at the very beginning of serious weight training. My goal - simply gain some muscles, losing fat, and create definition. My problem - I hate sports! So, every tip and support is welcome.
I am vegetarian since 1992 and vegan for 2 1/2 years. I even was on raw food for some time, but unfortunately I am not strong enough to stick to it.
Last month I have started to train with a split program 4 - 6 times a week. For fatburning I try to run at least 3 times a week approx. 45 -60 minutes. Not without results if I may say so. You can find a before and after pic at

http://home.wanadoo.nl/maartennijkerk/veganbodybuilding/fotos.htm

Now I need to have the energy to keep on going. But sorry guys... bodybuilding is boring. So, if I really want to get more muscles I have to run up a big hill.

Drop me a note if you like for tips, chat... whatever.

By the way... any Dutch vegan sportsmen around??

Norbert

Welcome Nobbi! I believe you posted in another thread so I will help you there when you write back in there. One quick thing, congratulations on the transformation. Boy, in one month you got really defined compared to the before picture. Keep up the good work.

nobbi
Manatee

#8 Postby nobbi » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:26 pm

Thanks guys for the kind words.

Nobbi

veggymeggy
Gorilla

#9 Postby veggymeggy » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:39 pm

Nobbi, it just dawned on me why I think you're so attractive (which I don't think I've previously said, but Robert and I were talking about you today, and it's true, you're a good looking guy...) ANYWAY - so the reason I think you're hot is you look a lot like Ryan Reynolds! (Who I find to be darn near the perfect physical specimen of manhood) Ok, anyways, I just wanted to share :) Now I'm embarrassed! :oops:

Richard
Site Admin

#10 Postby Richard » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:09 pm

veggymeggy
Gorilla

#11 Postby veggymeggy » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:19 pm

Richard, you rock 8) My admiration of you grows daily! :D

Richard
Site Admin

#12 Postby Richard » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:54 pm

:x :twisted: :idea:

nobbi
Manatee

#13 Postby nobbi » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:50 pm

veggymeggy wrote:Nobbi, it just dawned on me why I think you're so attractive (which I don't think I've previously said, but Robert and I were talking about you today, and it's true, you're a good looking guy...) ANYWAY - so the reason I think you're hot is you look a lot like Ryan Reynolds! (Who I find to be darn near the perfect physical specimen of manhood) Ok, anyways, I just wanted to share :) Now I'm embarrassed! :oops:

Wooow, what a compliment. Thanks veggymeggy! I think I am far away from the body he has, but I guess I have the sweeter face :wink:

And - eeeh - Richard !!! What are you doing?????? :lol:

Return to “Introductions”