Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:19 am 
Elephant

Welcome Megan,

I heard all good things about you. Rob is a great guy, and regarding the influence thing, most likely it will since he has such a great approach to everyone. Thanks for taking Robs' advice and saying hello.

If you have any questions ask Rob since you live with him! heheh Just playing, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Megan,

I see you added an image in your avatar.

Isn't my roommate cute? :P

Megan is a really nice girl. We both had the day off today......although we both pretty much stayed in our own rooms in front of the computer all day...and we're both heading the gym tonight, but to different gyms, but tonight Vamprilla is coming over and maybe all 3 of us will watch a movie.

Anyway, welcome again Megan, and I'm glad you get to "meet" all my online vegan friends. Too many to name, but all the ones who write on a regular basis have become my "friends" over time through this website and this forum.

See you at home......I'm taking Razor for a run now!

-Thin Thin Flat Him (not sure if I told you about that name) I'll explain later.

:lol: -robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:39 pm 
Gorilla

Awww, thanks Robert! :) I did read the "thin thin flat him" posts - I laughed! A lot!

It's so nice to be welcomed by everyone here; what a great group!

Like I said before, I am a vegetarian but I've never gone all the way to be being vegan - but I am challenging one of my friends who is a lifelong meat eater to give it a shot, so it looks like I'm finally gonna do it! He's in for the next 30 days, he promised to give veganism a shot, and I'm sure that if I do it for 30 days, I'll never go back. So here goes nothing!

Last edited by veggymeggy on Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:42 pm 
Stegosaurus

As a rommate of Robert's, it should be a piece of (vegan) cake!!

I am very happy for you and Vamprilla, and hope both of you can make it to this vegan vacation we are planning so I wont be the only chick there :wink: .

peace :D

PS You look really good in that avatar (I assume that that is you)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:51 pm 
Gorilla

That is me at a Halloween party; thank you!

What's this about a vegan vacation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

Megan, I guess this means we should speak more :P Yeah, I guess I didn't even mention our Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness sponsored Vegan Vacation in 2006.

I've been thinking about it for a long time and talking with Topher about it as well at Natalie, and then I made a post about it in the General Discussion area.

P.S. I won't be home before the gym....I can see we're both online at the same time.

(I'm house-sitting for a friend, for those have no idea why I'm typing to my roommate.....so i'm not 'home' I'm down the road a couple of miles).

But I'll be picking up Kourtney after the workout and we'll watch a movie tonight.

Anyway, yeah, I'll tell you and Kourtney more about the Vegan Vacation.

Everyone will get lots of FREE Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness and Vegan Fitness Team clothing and of course we'll hang out and have fun, while promoting Veganism and sharing our lifestyle with lots of people.

-Thin Thin Flat Him

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:01 pm 
Stegosaurus

ASk Robert!!!! and check out the thread under the general discussion category.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:08 am 
Elephant

Is Razor a dog Rob??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:18 am 
Gorilla

Yes, Razor is a dog. A pretty cute one too. :)

...sorry, you addressed that to Robert....but I happen to know the answer and I'm still up :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:43 am 
Elephant

That's OK Meg :wink:

Is he your dog?? What breed is he or is he a mongrel? Does he get on with Rob's cats??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Tarz-an,

I've been house-sitting my friend's house a couple of miles down the road ever since Megan moved in a little over a week ago. So we haven't seen each other too much lately.

The dog is named Razor, he's 12 years old and still very active and a fast runner and has lots of enthusiasm. I've know Razor for probably 10 years or longer. Razor is David's dog; David is featured on the main site under Why Vegan and also maybe under Men's health, on this forum. David is a good friend of mine for over a decade.

Razor hasn't really met the cats, which are Megan's actually, not mine. I think when Razor and I stopped by Megan's old house one time, maybe he met the two cats. I'm not exactly sure how to spell the cats' names (Cava and Kayso). I'm sure I'm WAY OFF on the spelling, but I'm sure Megan will introduce the cats soon. One of the cats always hangs out in my room even when I'm not there :P or maybe Because I'm not there.

Anyway, yeah, Razor is a coooooool dog, one of my really good "friends"

Well, I gotta get going, catch ya'll later.

Robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:52 pm 
Gorilla

Cava you got right :) ....and the other is Queso. My cat's name isn't vegan :)
Yet somehow it fits her...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:08 am 
Elephant

Razor sounds a cool dog. It's good that he can still run at 12 and is still very active.

My sister has got a Staffordshire Bull Terrier called Floyd. He's ace. He loves me loads coz I'm daft enough to walk him and play with him for hours. He's strong and muscular - this breed has phenemeonal jaw strength - but he's soft as a brush. I don't see him so often since I moved down to London. Staffordshire's my home county so I'm proud these dog's originate from my neck of the woods.

I used to have a dog - he died back in 2002. He had a good innings though - he was fifteen and a half.

Sorry to go off topic and ramble on about dogs on your intro pages Meg :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:28 pm 
Stegosaurus

Tarz wrote:
Razor sounds a cool dog. It's good that he can still run at 12 and is still very active.

My sister has got a Staffordshire Bull Terrier called Floyd. He's ace. He loves me loads coz I'm daft enough to walk him and play with him for hours. He's strong and muscular - this breed has phenemeonal jaw strength - but he's soft as a brush. I don't see him so often since I moved down to London. Staffordshire's my home county so I'm proud these dog's originate from my neck of the woods.

I used to have a dog - he died back in 2002. He had a good innings though - he was fifteen and a half.

Sorry to go off topic and ramble on about dogs on your intro pages Meg :wink:

Sorry to hear about your friend's passing Tarz. You must miss him terribly. I am sure you gave him 15.5 years of loving friendship. Ever think about rescuing another dog from the pound to share your life with?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:26 pm 
Rabbit

Hey, veggymeggy. Welcome to the board.

veggymeggy wrote:
I've never gone all the way to be being vegan

Ah, heck. Just do it. You won't regret it. :) And if you need help... the people here on the board will be very gentle :wink: