Hello!

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

alinaomi7
Finch

Hello!

#1 Postby alinaomi7 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:20 pm

Hello All! I am new new new to this site, to bodybuilding, but not to veganism! But it is wonderful to know that there are athletes who support veganism. Many of my athletic friends and ballet teachers automatically assume being vegan will make it impossible for me to build muscle and gain endurance. :roll: But it's nice to know that ya'll are out there.

Take care!

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#2 Postby compassionategirl » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:55 pm

ask them to take a look at the pics of people from this site and they will stand corrected!!

welcome. :D

robert
Site Admin

#3 Postby robert » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:42 pm

Welcome to the group!

Great to have you here. I hope you have a great time getting to know the people on this board. There may even be some in your area. We're getting more and more people to sign up and discovering that some of us live close to one another!

There are many pages to read though, but feel free to explore the site and learn all kinds of information.

All the best, take care and hope to see you on here again soon.

-Robert Cheeke

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Richard
Site Admin

Re: Hello!

#4 Postby Richard » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:49 pm

alinaomi7 wrote:Hello All! I am new new new to this site, to bodybuilding, but not to veganism! But it is wonderful to know that there are athletes who support veganism. Many of my athletic friends and ballet teachers automatically assume being vegan will make it impossible for me to build muscle and gain endurance. :roll: But it's nice to know that ya'll are out there.

Take care!

Tell them that to 'assume' is to make an ASS out of U and ME. I always like that one. Failing that, you could give them hours and hours of logical reasoning as to why they're wrong. If that doesn't work, throw them in a bush of stinging nettles.

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#5 Postby V VII Hero » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:48 pm

howdy :::tips his hat:::

kollision
Elephant

Re: Hello!

#6 Postby kollision » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:14 am

alinaomi7 wrote:Hello All! I am new new new to this site, to bodybuilding, but not to veganism! But it is wonderful to know that there are athletes who support veganism. Many of my athletic friends and ballet teachers automatically assume being vegan will make it impossible for me to build muscle and gain endurance. :roll: But it's nice to know that ya'll are out there.

Take care!

Hello and welcome alinoami7,

You got that right! Just point them to pictures of Topher, Rob, and Daywalker to name just a few for example.

Seeing that you are new to bodybuilding, feel free to ask any questions you may have.

sirdle
Rabbit

#7 Postby sirdle » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:56 pm

Welcome to the board, alinaomi7.

I think you will find that you can definitely gain endurance and build muscle on a vegan diet... as long as you get enough calories, and you have the proper mix of protein, carbs, and fat, with ample vitamins, minerals, and water. Vegan food can give you an edge here because much of it is packed with essential nutrients.
As long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seeds of murder and pain cannot reap the joy of love --- Leonardo Da Vinci

brendan
Rabbit

#8 Postby brendan » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:10 am

Ha, there are a lot of vegan pro athletes: Martina Navratilova, Carl Lewis and Goldberg the wrestler come to mind. Anyhoo, welcome aboard!

lelle
Elephant

#9 Postby lelle » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:48 pm

welcome :P

Return to “Introductions”