Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hello!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:20 pm 
Finch

Hello All! I am new new new to this site, to bodybuilding, but not to veganism! But it is wonderful to know that there are athletes who support veganism. Many of my athletic friends and ballet teachers automatically assume being vegan will make it impossible for me to build muscle and gain endurance. :roll: But it's nice to know that ya'll are out there.

Take care!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:55 pm 
Stegosaurus

ask them to take a look at the pics of people from this site and they will stand corrected!!

welcome. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:42 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the group!

Great to have you here. I hope you have a great time getting to know the people on this board. There may even be some in your area. We're getting more and more people to sign up and discovering that some of us live close to one another!

There are many pages to read though, but feel free to explore the site and learn all kinds of information.

All the best, take care and hope to see you on here again soon.

-Robert Cheeke

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject: Re: Hello!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

alinaomi7 wrote:
Hello All! I am new new new to this site, to bodybuilding, but not to veganism! But it is wonderful to know that there are athletes who support veganism. Many of my athletic friends and ballet teachers automatically assume being vegan will make it impossible for me to build muscle and gain endurance. :roll: But it's nice to know that ya'll are out there.

Take care!

Tell them that to 'assume' is to make an ASS out of U and ME. I always like that one. Failing that, you could give them hours and hours of logical reasoning as to why they're wrong. If that doesn't work, throw them in a bush of stinging nettles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:48 pm 
Gorilla

howdy :::tips his hat:::

Post subject: Re: Hello!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:14 am 
Elephant

alinaomi7 wrote:

Take care!

Hello and welcome alinoami7,

You got that right! Just point them to pictures of Topher, Rob, and Daywalker to name just a few for example.

Seeing that you are new to bodybuilding, feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:56 pm 
Rabbit

Welcome to the board, alinaomi7.

I think you will find that you can definitely gain endurance and build muscle on a vegan diet... as long as you get enough calories, and you have the proper mix of protein, carbs, and fat, with ample vitamins, minerals, and water. Vegan food can give you an edge here because much of it is packed with essential nutrients.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:10 am 
Rabbit

Ha, there are a lot of vegan pro athletes: Martina Navratilova, Carl Lewis and Goldberg the wrestler come to mind. Anyhoo, welcome aboard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:48 pm 
Elephant

welcome :P