Hey, whaddayano. Another eager veger

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

soycheese
Finch

Hey, whaddayano. Another eager veger

#1 Postby soycheese » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:25 am

Hi, I've been a vegan for 12 yrs. My story goes like this; I play basketball alot. My stamina and defense have always been top notch, but my strength has also always been pretty dismal. It's been pretty easy to push me around under the basket, etc. That's when I decided to start weightlifting and after meeting a bodybuilding coworker I really started getting excited about, well, bodybuilding. I found out about this site not too long after that and have been lurking since. I usually have too much anxiety about meeting new people, but every one here seems pretty thoughtful and interesting. The competitions sound like fun too. I'm trying for the 100/100, but I can barely get over 40/40 right now.
Oh, thanks Tiff for encouraging me to introduce myself. Some of you might know her as veganmadre.

veganmadre
Elephant

#2 Postby veganmadre » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:30 am

Hey! Thanks for joining up with me! You're the best! I have to laugh at your username - you certainly are cheesy! :P That's a GOOD THING!

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#3 Postby compassionategirl » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:11 am

Hi Soycheese!!!!

ya that is a funny user name :lol: :lol: .

So you and Tifff (veganmadre) are friends? That is really cool when people on this board know each other from elsewhere.

Thanks for joining - we would LOVE to get to know you better and welcome you to our awesome, funny and at times intense (but in a good way) vegan family here.

Hope you feel right at home asap, and your time here is informative, stimulating, and fun!!!!

peace 8)

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#4 Postby compassionategirl » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:12 am

P.S. Congratulations on 12 years of a cruelty -free, compassionate and gentle lifestyle!!!

You are an inspiration. :D

Daywalker
Elephant

#5 Postby Daywalker » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:04 am

Hi soycheese! :D

(yummy....)

Welcome! Veganmadre was right to encourage you ;)

I never was good as basketball... *sigh* Though i would have wished 'cos it's a cool game.
Enjoy the forum,
love and peace,
Daywalker :)
No one said it would be easy.

Richard
Site Admin

#6 Postby Richard » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:24 am

Hey dude, good to have you here. I sometimes have anxiety about meeting new people as I don't get on with many. And while using this board is not actually meeting people, the 'atmosphere' here is pretty good in comparison to a lot of sucky forums that I've used where there is a weird hostile attitude especially towards new members.

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#7 Postby V VII Hero » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:45 am

welcome :D

lelle
Elephant

#8 Postby lelle » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:34 am

hey!
great to have you here :P

michaelhobson
Elephant

#9 Postby michaelhobson » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:46 am

Welcome! Can never have too much "soycheese". :D

soycheese
Finch

Think Soycheese is funny? Wait till you hear my real name

#10 Postby soycheese » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:12 am

Hey, thanks for the warm welcomes. Tiff and I are actually more than friends. We're a couple of the highest degree and implementation; though, Tiff words it, "co-partners in parenting crime." Eva (3 yrs. in a mo.) and Sofia (9 mo.) are ours and have been vegan from the get go. Eva even engages in some mock weight lifting with me in the mornings.
Oh, and my real name's Noe. Actually Soycheese is funnier.

kollision
Elephant

#11 Postby kollision » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:12 am

Wow thats a long vegan life, welcome and thanks! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

sirdle
Rabbit

#12 Postby sirdle » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:33 pm

Welcome to the board, soycheese. Another "eager veger." I love puns. I posted a bunch in another topic, but nobody caught them... now that I think about it, though they probably just didn't think they were very funny.

Anyway, welcome, and I hope you enjoy it here.
As long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seeds of murder and pain cannot reap the joy of love --- Leonardo Da Vinci

robert
Site Admin

#13 Postby robert » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:41 am

Hey Noe,

Welcome to the website forum! We're in our 4th month of this NEW version of the forum and it seems to be working really well. We have a great team of vegan athletes here.

I hope you enjoy your time, make some awesome friends and get some information and motivation from the information provided.

Take care, and have a great weekend!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

brendan
Rabbit

#14 Postby brendan » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:59 am

Welcome! :D

Return to “Introductions”