Hello there! I'm new

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

CrystalIda
Finch

Hello there! I'm new

#1 Postby CrystalIda » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:45 pm

I hope that I'm welcome after admitting this. I am not a vegan, but I am in the process of whittling out meat from my diet. I've already completely stopped eating red meat and I am now aiming at removing chicken and eggs. I am training for a figure comp next year. I'm ridding my diet of meat for my health and for the enviornment, I've read about the horror that is the meat industry and don't want to contribute to what they're doing.

I hope I can participate in your discussions, even though I am not completely vegan.

Thanks!

Richard
Site Admin

#2 Postby Richard » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:49 pm

Hey, welcome to the forum. That's cool that you are trying to be vegan, hopefully you can find help and advice here, and also awesomeness

veganmadre
Elephant

#3 Postby veganmadre » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:04 pm

Like Richard said, you'll find plenty of awesomeness. (I say this in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice since I don't actually have a clue what Richard sounds like - though I am sure it is very vegan and muscular :D )

Welcome to the board! I also came upon veganism gradually but with the opposite intentions - I became vegan for ethical reasons and only now am stumbling upon the incredible health benefits, as well!

Great to hear about your interest in fitness competitions. I'm also looking into that route once I become more familiar with intense weight training.

So, anyhoo, welcome!

Richard
Site Admin

#4 Postby Richard » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:47 pm

"The road to awesomeness is a rocky path, but that's because they* play rock music while you are trying to be awesome"

*the ninjas

veganmadre
Elephant

#5 Postby veganmadre » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:04 pm

:lol:

And what shall we rock-out to today?

BTW: Richard: you have mail.

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#6 Postby V VII Hero » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:29 pm

welcome to the site. I hope we can help you on your journey to veganism

K-oz
Manatee

#7 Postby K-oz » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:26 pm

Welcome on board!

You'll be surprised how easy it is to be vegan. Especially for ethical reasons!

And have a look at what vegans can achive: viewtopic.php?t=556

Peace,
K

lelle
Elephant

#8 Postby lelle » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:01 pm

welcome mate :wink:

kollision
Elephant

#9 Postby kollision » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:15 am

Welcome. Like K-oz said, its really easy. Congratulations on how far you have made it so far to veganism. Feel free to ask questions.

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#10 Postby compassionategirl » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:30 am

Of course you are welcome! I applaud the first steps you have taken in your journey toward a more ethical, compassionate and healthy lifetsyle, and hope you find here the support, inspiration and information you need to seal your vegan fate!!!

It will be one of your most proudest accomplishments. :D

Peace

P.S. Thanks for caring about the animals and the environment!

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#11 Postby compassionategirl » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:48 am

hey Crystal, where are you fromm?

How about putting your city and state or country in your profile?

:D

sirdle
Rabbit

#12 Postby sirdle » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:56 pm

Welcome CrystalIda,

CrystalIda wrote:I hope I can participate in your discussions, even though I am not completely vegan.

Well, they haven't kicked me out yet, so I suppose it's okay. I think the most important thing is to be honest, compassionate, and have an open mind... then all things are possible :P.

I am making progress toward veganism, one small step at a time. Some people can change their eating habits cold turkey (so to speak), but for me, I know if I try to change too many things in my life at once, I will fall flat on my face. Then my glasses would be broken and what was once so clear will have become murky and confusing... :lol:
As long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seeds of murder and pain cannot reap the joy of love --- Leonardo Da Vinci

robert
Site Admin

#13 Postby robert » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:38 am

Hey Crystal,

Welcome to the site. You'll make a lot of good friends here! I've made some awesome friends and I hope to meet them in person the Caribbean next year for a Vegan Fitness Team Vacation!

Check out all the sections of this forum and on the main site and you'll find tons of information and inspiration!

Have a great weekend!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

brendan
Rabbit

#14 Postby brendan » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:01 am

I think it's great to have non-vegans here, but I hope we can help you on your path to becoming one. It really is pretty easy - frankly, I think people give me too much credit for being vegan. And it's fun! Welcome! :D

Return to “Introductions”