hi =D

xjonfastx

I went vegetarian in the spring of 2003 and have been vegan since January 2005. I have lifted weights on and off for a little while. I feel very uncomfortable at the gym and don't really like to wait around to use the equipment. So I have been lifting a curl bar I have and occasionally doing some ab work outs. I decided to take my weight training a bit more seriously and am getting started on a strict diet and an intense work out routine (as intense as I can handle).

I am pretty well off as far as physique but my asthma affects me once in a while. My long term goal is to build more muscle and increase definition. This message board is just what I have been looking for. So much helpful information and I look forward to learning from everyone.

I will post a picture of myself when I get one.

Welcome to our group! Great to have you here. I lived out in Phoenix a few years ago. I miss the sun!

There are a number of members here who don't train at a gym. They train at home using weights or doing bodyweight exercises.

I'm sure you'll make a bunch of new friends, here, learn a ton of info and you'll be able to share info with us as well.

Have a great time and welcome to our community!

All the best!

I also lived in Phoenix several years back - basically from 1999 to 2005. I lived in Tempe and in Glendale. It's only making it into the 20's here in Pittsburgh this time of year. It's funny - I remember being "chilled" at 50 in Phoenix.

Glad you're on the forum! Hope we can be a support to yuo!

I also lived in Phoenix several years back - basically from 1999 to 2005. I lived in Tempe and in Glendale. It's only making it into the 20's here in Pittsburgh this time of year. It's funny - I remember being "chilled" at 50 in Phoenix.

Glad you're on the forum! Hope we can be a support to yuo!

I had not realized that Madre! My family & I were also in Arizona, including the Phx/Tempe area, during much of that time - I wonder if we ever crossed paths... Perhaps at Gentle Strength?

I used to live in Phoenix and I've been to that place too

I lived on 24th and Highland near the Ritz Carlton Hotel but I made it over to Tempe ever once in a while.

We need to get more members from there! I hope to travel to that area sometime this year. I have about 5 relatives in the Phoenix area who I haven't seen since I lived there in 2001.

I am not sure about the meeting space. I just go there for a few things. Most things there are more expensive than other places. But I am starting to cut out the frozen foods out of my diet and going towards making meals from scratch so maybe I will end up shopping there much more often. They still seem kinda expensive though..

In any case....here is the site http://www.gentlestrength.com/