Mid Hudson Valley NY

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Crash
Elephant

#16 Postby Crash » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:07 pm

Welcome ! :)
Out of my mind...Back in five minutes.

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

finbarrio
Elephant

#17 Postby finbarrio » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:13 pm

davidmNY wrote:
finbarrio wrote:Welcome David! My wife and I are in Mass - prob about 3.5 hrs away.

I've been to a couple West Point football games and have biked and hiked Bear Mountain a few times. Beautiful area.

Very cool. It was at the Boston Veg Fest over 2 years ago where I heard Eric Markus speak when I decided to transition from vegetarian to vegan.

Cool 8) ! I lived in/near Boston for a long time but moved down to Cape Cod a few years ago to work for an animal welfare org. You ever visit the Cape at all? How is Newburgh vegan-wise?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

davidmNY
Rabbit

#18 Postby davidmNY » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:50 pm

finbarrio wrote:
Cool 8) ! I lived in/near Boston for a long time but moved down to Cape Cod a few years ago to work for an animal welfare org. You ever visit the Cape at all? How is Newburgh vegan-wise?

I've been to Provincetown once. Had a nice time. Very cool & quaint.

Believe it or not, Newburgh is better than most towns as far as location goes. There's all vegan 'Pure City' 20 minutes away in Pine Bush NY. Gourmet dishes/ mock meats and the most incredible chocolate tofu cake [like chocolate silk pie.] There's the best Thai restaurant in Beacon - Sukhothai which will vegan any dish. The panang curry is incredible. Indian in Middletown, Fishkill and New Paltz. New Paltz also has the Main Street Bistro with regular vegan specials and just north of there is the Rosendale Cafe which features vegan and vegetarian fare.

Newburgh has Nature's Pantry for all your healthy shopping needs. Mother Earth's has similar items as well as a mostly vegan deli counter just 20 minutes away in Dutchess County and we also have a good share of farm markets and organic co-op farms.

cubby2112
Elephant

#19 Postby cubby2112 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:01 pm

Hello and welcome.
Cubby's Fitness Log

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

davidmNY
Rabbit

#20 Postby davidmNY » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:19 pm

Odidnetne wrote:You live in Newburgh? You're like, less than an hour from me.

Hey - just saw this post! Yeah - Matamoras isn't far at all. Cool.

Odidnetne
Stegosaurus

#21 Postby Odidnetne » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:38 pm

davidmNY wrote:
Odidnetne wrote:You live in Newburgh? You're like, less than an hour from me.

Hey - just saw this post! Yeah - Matamoras isn't far at all. Cool.

No, it's not at all, I'm never really up that way anymore, I only really go as far as Middletown.
www.facebook.com/OhDid

"Look at what a green thumb this guy has, he just throws plants in water and they root!"
- A good friend talking about my basil cuttings

DV
Elephant

#22 Postby DV » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:05 am

Welcome David,

I used to live in Hyde Park 94'-95'. Newburgh was always a lot of fun. Enjoy the forum!

diane

davidmNY
Rabbit

#23 Postby davidmNY » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:59 pm

DV wrote:Welcome David,

I used to live in Hyde Park 94'-95'. Newburgh was always a lot of fun. Enjoy the forum!

diane

Cullinary School?

Thanks for the welcome Diane.

DV
Elephant

#24 Postby DV » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:15 pm

My ex went to the CIA. It's a good thing I wasn't vegan then because I might have starved! But I did love the views of the Hudson River. It used to be my favorite until we moved here (Portland) last summer and drove in along the Columbia River - breathtaking.

I do miss you New Yorkers sometimes. My accent doesn't sound funny to you! However, Portland is awesome and this forum is great. I'm fortunate to have met some of the members in person and look forward to the vacation taking place here this summer. If you can make it, you should come. Again, welcome. :D

davidmNY
Rabbit

#25 Postby davidmNY » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:49 pm

DV wrote:My ex went to the CIA. It's a good thing I wasn't vegan then because I might have starved! But I did love the views of the Hudson River. It used to be my favorite until we moved here (Portland) last summer and drove in along the Columbia River - breathtaking.

I do miss you New Yorkers sometimes. My accent doesn't sound funny to you! However, Portland is awesome and this forum is great. I'm fortunate to have met some of the members in person and look forward to the vacation taking place here this summer. If you can make it, you should come. Again, welcome. :D

I actually gave it some thought. I'm not sure where my summer will take me. Lots of stuff to figure out - creatively and future endeavor wise.

I know I need to get out there some day because I can't stay where I am. I think some day I'm going to have to make the decision to move to a more vegan-friendly place like Portland or San Fran.

gabrieldj
Rabbit

#26 Postby gabrieldj » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:25 am

Welcome!

davidmNY
Rabbit

#27 Postby davidmNY » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:19 pm

gabrieldj wrote:Welcome!

Thanks Gabriel!

offense74
Elephant

#28 Postby offense74 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:28 pm

Welcome David :D
The surest road to happiness is low expectations.

davidmNY
Rabbit

#29 Postby davidmNY » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:41 pm

offense74 wrote:Welcome David :D

Thanks!

Return to “Introductions”