Greetings from Sydney Australia

zardoz

Hello all,

About myself? hmmm I'll tell ya what I know. I've been a strict vegan since 1996 and was a vegetarian since 1991. I be came a convert for ethical reasons but now to include a healthy lifestyle.

It's strange but being a vegan for as long as I have, people think vegans eat health food... not me I had the king of pot bellies, people used to rub my belly for good luck I used a lot of oil in my cooking pigged out at a delicious takeaway called 'Veg Out' indulged in soy ice cream, never exercised and weighed 90kg(171cm) etc etc. I then one day tried to do a push up, I couldn't even do one. Soooooo I decided to change that, August 2006 I took up Wing Chun(I used to study it awhile ago) do my own exercising and took on extra work unloading shipping containers.

I now eat better due to the fact I have been reading this website and forums posts and articles for some time and like to thank you all for helping me losing 11kg, most of you have brainwashed me to become more of a raw vegan but I still can't resist Indian food.

I still have a pot belly, but hey at least it's much smaller and I still need to lose a few more kilos...

btw, I now can do 30 push ups.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the great intro! Awesome job on the progress with push-ups and overall fitness.

I know lots of junk food vegans, and I used to be one too. I'm glad this site has been a helpful one for you. More and more people from your area are joining the forum too, which is exciting.

Thanks for saying hi and enjoy your time here!

All the best and welcome aboard!

Welcome, Zardoz! Glad to see the forum has already inspired and brainwashed you (I am also a brainwashed-to-be-more-raw victim!) And great to see more Aussies - I know a half-Canadian, half-Aussie on this forum who has tons of family in Sydney. Fantastic city. Good to see there's a vegan community there - I've often thought of moving there someday...

Hello all,

About myself? hmmm I'll tell ya what I know. I've been a strict vegan since 1996 and was a vegetarian since 1991. I be came a convert for ethical reasons but now to include a healthy lifestyle.

It's strange but being a vegan for as long as I have, people think vegans eat health food... not me I had the king of pot bellies, people used to rub my belly for good luck I used a lot of oil in my cooking pigged out at a delicious takeaway called 'Veg Out' indulged in soy ice cream, never exercised and weighed 90kg(171cm) etc etc. I then one day tried to do a push up, I couldn't even do one. Soooooo I decided to change that, August 2006 I took up Wing Chun(I used to study it awhile ago) do my own exercising and took on extra work unloading shipping containers.

I now eat better due to the fact I have been reading this website and forums posts and articles for some time and like to thank you all for helping me losing 11kg, most of you have brainwashed me to become more of a raw vegan but I still can't resist Indian food.

I still have a pot belly, but hey at least it's much smaller and I still need to lose a few more kilos...

btw, I now can do 30 push ups.

Welcome and congrats on achieving some of your fitness goals !