Hiiiii

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Message
Author
User avatar
JoshD
Rabbit
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:39 pm
Location: Victoria BC Canada
Contact:

Hiiiii

#1 Postby JoshD » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:48 pm

Helloo. My names Josh, I've been body building on and off for 3 years, only started getting commited about it this December. I've been vegan for a whole 3 months now, all it took was a day of watching holocaust videos on history channel, and then a night of Peta ones. Totally turned me off animal products, and let me tell you, I've never felt better. Not only do I feel better about myself morally, but I have way more energy and feel a lot more healthy. I feel like a car thats just gone from burning gasoline to running on electricity, it's great. The shirt I ordered just arived today. Talk about fast shipping, it only took them 8 days to get it all the way to Victoria BC. It looks great, thanks Rob. Anyways, I look forward to this lifestyle and chatting with all you people on the board. Talk to you guys soon. :D
-Josh

User avatar
V VII Hero
Gorilla
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

#2 Postby V VII Hero » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:53 pm

gnarly! its great to have such enthusiastic members :D

User avatar
robert
Site Admin
Posts: 21053
Age: 36
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

#3 Postby robert » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:55 pm

Welcome to the forum Josh! We have a really friendly and supportive group here.

I think I may have mentioned in an e-mail a while back, but my Dad's family is from Victoria B.C. I used to go a couple of times a year, but sadly haven't been there in about 5 years!

Glad the shirt made it to you recently. Wear it around and encourage some friends to get one too :wink:

Have a great day and keep on scrolling through the website and forum to learn all kinds of information about veganism.

Take care,

Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

kollision
Elephant
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

#4 Postby kollision » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:04 pm

Welcome to the boards JoshD. Cool to hear how you made the transition, nice to see that you did it for moral reasons and that it turned you off just like that. Congrats bro!

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus
Posts: 3110
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Re: Hiiiii

#5 Postby compassionategirl » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:15 pm

JoshD wrote: I've been vegan...all it took was a day of watching holocaust videos on history channel, and then a night of Peta ones. Totally turned me off animal products...I feel better about myself morally...I have way more energy and feel a lot more healthy. I feel like a car thats just gone from burning gasoline to running on electricity, it's great. :D
-Josh


You're WICKED!!!!!!! 8)

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus
Posts: 3110
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

#6 Postby compassionategirl » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:26 pm

I just noticed, another fellow Canadian!!!!

AND you sculp too?



vegan guys ROCK in so many ways.

User avatar
JoshD
Rabbit
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:39 pm
Location: Victoria BC Canada
Contact:

#7 Postby JoshD » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:35 pm

compassionategirl wrote:I just noticed, another fellow Canadian!!!!

AND you sculp too?



vegan guys ROCK in so many ways.


Yayyyy Canadaa!! 8) . Yeah I just started sculpting, I'd like to get a lot better at it. I used to do a lot of digital art, and after watching behind the scenes on the movie Hellboy it made me want to start sculpting in oil based clays. Finally got my clay and tools just a couple of days ago, its so much fun:D

User avatar
veganmadre
Elephant
Posts: 1056
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:41 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

#8 Postby veganmadre » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:19 pm

Hi There! WELCOME!

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus
Posts: 3110
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

#9 Postby compassionategirl » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:15 pm

Have you ever sculpted the body of a naked woman?

kollision
Elephant
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

#10 Postby kollision » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:29 pm

JoshD wrote:
compassionategirl wrote:I just noticed, another fellow Canadian!!!!

AND you sculp too?



vegan guys ROCK in so many ways.


Yayyyy Canadaa!! 8) . Yeah I just started sculpting, I'd like to get a lot better at it. I used to do a lot of digital art, and after watching behind the scenes on the movie Hellboy it made me want to start sculpting in oil based clays. Finally got my clay and tools just a couple of days ago, its so much fun:D


O man, you should team up with Richard bro, he's a very talented artist. Would you make sculptures if someone paid you? I definitely want a Venom sculpture from Spider Man and Colossus from XMen.

User avatar
JoshD
Rabbit
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:39 pm
Location: Victoria BC Canada
Contact:

#11 Postby JoshD » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:54 pm

kollision wrote:
JoshD wrote:
compassionategirl wrote:I just noticed, another fellow Canadian!!!!

AND you sculp too?



vegan guys ROCK in so many ways.


Yayyyy Canadaa!! 8) . Yeah I just started sculpting, I'd like to get a lot better at it. I used to do a lot of digital art, and after watching behind the scenes on the movie Hellboy it made me want to start sculpting in oil based clays. Finally got my clay and tools just a couple of days ago, its so much fun:D


O man, you should team up with Richard bro, he's a very talented artist. Would you make sculptures if someone paid you? I definitely want a Venom sculpture from Spider Man and Colossus from XMen.

Hahaha, I'm not very good yet, gimme a few months to see if I can good at it, And superheros, comic people and movie monsters are all im planing on sculpting so yeah I probably would if i get good enough at it :D

kollision
Elephant
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

#12 Postby kollision » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:11 am

JoshD wrote:
kollision wrote:
JoshD wrote:
compassionategirl wrote:I just noticed, another fellow Canadian!!!!

AND you sculp too?



vegan guys ROCK in so many ways.


Yayyyy Canadaa!! 8) . Yeah I just started sculpting, I'd like to get a lot better at it. I used to do a lot of digital art, and after watching behind the scenes on the movie Hellboy it made me want to start sculpting in oil based clays. Finally got my clay and tools just a couple of days ago, its so much fun:D


O man, you should team up with Richard bro, he's a very talented artist. Would you make sculptures if someone paid you? I definitely want a Venom sculpture from Spider Man and Colossus from XMen.

Hahaha, I'm not very good yet, gimme a few months to see if I can good at it, And superheros, comic people and movie monsters are all im planing on sculpting so yeah I probably would if i get good enough at it :D


Well heres a good picture of Super Venom (Super man with the symbiote):

Image

and one of Colossus holding Juggy (WHICH I WOULD REALLY LOVE):

Image
Last edited by kollision on Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
robert
Site Admin
Posts: 21053
Age: 36
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

#13 Postby robert » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:13 am

Awesome NEW Avatar photo Josh!

Cool to see a few of you guys wearing the shirts in your avatar.

You look SHREDDED Man!

Nice Bicep!

I'm happy to have you here on our forum.......I told you we had a really nice friendly, supportive group didn't I? :P

Take care buddy,

-Robert


Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

User avatar
Pete
Rabbit
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:47 am
Location: Brighton, UK
Contact:

#14 Postby Pete » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:57 am

hi Josh,

My girlfriends just started her second year in fine art sculpture in October. My advice "Don't start mate!" :!: :lol: Before you know it the place get's stuffed full of stuff that "might be useful". Although trying to lug 30K of clay for miles home with it squeezing through your grip, can be fun :D

Welcome to the board 8)

User avatar
brendan
Rabbit
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo.
Contact:

#15 Postby brendan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:18 pm

Great to hear how veganism has improved the way you feel. Welcome aboard.


Return to “Introductions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests