Tyler Durden - Say Hello WIll you??!

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Message
Author
User avatar
veganmadre
Elephant
Posts: 1056
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:41 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Tyler Durden - Say Hello WIll you??!

#1 Postby veganmadre » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:21 pm

I've seen you are new and I am outing you! Introduce yourself! We won't bite - but, we will fight, underground, at night, fight club founder,right?
Making Prudish Americans Uncomfortable - one photo at a time.

Tyler Durden
Rabbit
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:29 pm

#2 Postby Tyler Durden » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:36 pm

HAHA, I just clicked on this section in order to start a thread introducing myself, but I see you have beaten me to it! I just came back from the gym and I have the shakes (which are awesome), so I can type as well as I liked to. I'll be back in a few minutes and give you guys the run down! Thanks for starting a thread for me! :D

User avatar
robert
Site Admin
Posts: 21053
Age: 36
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

#3 Postby robert » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:45 pm

Welcome Tyler,

Hope you had a great workout. Please tell us more about yourself.

Welcome to our AWESOME group of vegan athletes :P

Take care,

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Tyler Durden
Rabbit
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:29 pm

#4 Postby Tyler Durden » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:15 pm

Ah, ok. I've been lurking here for quite some time and decided to join up. I've been a vegetarian for a year and thinks it's pretty easy. I have an insane amount of respect for vegans, as long as they are not pushy and try to make people guilty for eating meat. I've never tried to be pushy, but it's amazing how defensive and cruel people become just when you tell them you don't eat meat. Anyway, I've been working out for three years. When I started working out, I was insanely dedicated. Then life took over and I got less and less dedicated and only worked out off and on. I was able to lose a good 20 pounds and improve my physique, but now it's a matter of sculpting what's left. I have this ring of fat that I plan to get rid of over the next couple months. Thus I will try out a vegan diet to the best of my abilites. I'm going to be as dedicated as I possibly can be and will put as much effort as I can into this transformation. It's been a long time coming and it will happen! Anyway, everyone at this site seems pretty down to earth and respectful, so that's why I joined! I'm looking forward to hanging out here and hopefully meeting some cool people!

Best wishes,

Tyler Durden :D

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus
Posts: 3110
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

#5 Postby compassionategirl » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:30 pm

Tyler Durden wrote: I have an insane amount of respect for vegans, as long as they are not pushy and try to make people guilty for eating meat.
Tyler Durden :D


Hi Tyler,

I love that name Tyler. Anyway, welcome to the board. Hope you enjoy it here and good luck with your fitness goals.

However, I cannot refrain from commenting on the above quote from you. All I will say here (so as not to hijack your intro thread) is that DAMN RIGHT meat eaters should feel guilty about eating meat, and damn right we (vegans) should not encourage them to feel anything less than guilty for doing so. I dont have to get into the statistics of WHY they should feel as guilty as hell - "Meet your Meat" says it all (it can be found under the "General Discussion" section.

Sorry if this puts you off, but you know the saying "If the shoe fits...."


There are lots of people on this board that have a somewhat more "patient" attitude though so I am sure you will enjoy your time here.

peace
natalie

User avatar
veganmadre
Elephant
Posts: 1056
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:41 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

#6 Postby veganmadre » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:35 pm

Welcome, again! Are you really Tyler Durden? Reason I ask is, you one studly man. In fact, I'd go so far as to say you could be Brad Pitt's clone... :wink:
Making Prudish Americans Uncomfortable - one photo at a time.

kollision
Elephant
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

#7 Postby kollision » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:30 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:Ah, ok. I've been lurking here for quite some time and decided to join up. I've been a vegetarian for a year and thinks it's pretty easy. I have an insane amount of respect for vegans, as long as they are not pushy and try to make people guilty for eating meat. I've never tried to be pushy, but it's amazing how defensive and cruel people become just when you tell them you don't eat meat. Anyway, I've been working out for three years. When I started working out, I was insanely dedicated. Then life took over and I got less and less dedicated and only worked out off and on. I was able to lose a good 20 pounds and improve my physique, but now it's a matter of sculpting what's left. I have this ring of fat that I plan to get rid of over the next couple months. Thus I will try out a vegan diet to the best of my abilites. I'm going to be as dedicated as I possibly can be and will put as much effort as I can into this transformation. It's been a long time coming and it will happen! Anyway, everyone at this site seems pretty down to earth and respectful, so that's why I joined! I'm looking forward to hanging out here and hopefully meeting some cool people!

Best wishes,

Tyler Durden :D


Welcome to the site.

User avatar
Richard
Site Admin
Posts: 6064
Age: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: England
Contact:

#8 Postby Richard » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:08 am

I'm as pushy about veganism as I am about the laws on homicide, so I think it's pretty reasonable 8) Welcome to the site

kollision
Elephant
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

#9 Postby kollision » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:29 am

Richard wrote:I'm as pushy about veganism as I am about the laws on homicide, so I think it's pretty reasonable 8) Welcome to the site


Well spoken, same here. Two and two go together. If you can't do one, might as well not condemn homicides.

But still, welcome to the site.

User avatar
sirdle
Rabbit
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: Ventura, CA

#10 Postby sirdle » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:37 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:I have an insane amount of respect for vegans, as long as they are not pushy and try to make people guilty for eating meat.

I think you will find quite a mix of people and views on this board, but they are all concerned about reducing animal suffering so tend to be down to earth and respectful. Hope you find what you came for and welcome to the board!
As long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seeds of murder and pain cannot reap the joy of love --- Leonardo Da Vinci

User avatar
brendan
Rabbit
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo.
Contact:

#11 Postby brendan » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:48 pm

Welcome! :D

User avatar
ronnie kray
Gorilla
Posts: 691
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: Texas Bordertown

#12 Postby ronnie kray » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:05 pm

tyler, i want you to do me a favor.

i want you to hit me as hard as you can.

i love that movie! hey welcome to the board!

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

you are not your bank account,
you are not the clothes you wear
you are not the contents of your wallet
you are not your bowel cancer
you are not your grande latte
you are not the car you drive
you are not your fucking khakis

i say let me never be complete
i say may i never be content
i say deliver me from swedish furniture
i say deliver me from clever art
i say deliver me from clear skin and perfect teeth
i say you have to give up
i say evolve, and let the chips
fall where they may
"we must become the change we wish to see in the world"
- Gandhi -

User avatar
brendan
Rabbit
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo.
Contact:

#13 Postby brendan » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:15 pm

Hey, did you know the author of "Fight Club," Chuck Palahniuk used to be vegan?

User avatar
ronnie kray
Gorilla
Posts: 691
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: Texas Bordertown

#14 Postby ronnie kray » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:34 pm

no, i was not aware of that.

did you say ... used to be? :(
"we must become the change we wish to see in the world"
- Gandhi -


Return to “Introductions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests