New from Seattle

Nayr747

Hi everyone! I met a couple people from here at Vegfest in Seattle a couple weeks ago, and so I decided to register. I was the guy asking what kind of protein you liked the best.

I became a vegetarian when I was 6 until I was 8 and then became one again about 4 years ago (when I was 20 or so). I have since tried to go totally vegan but it's a lot harder than going vegetarian. I'd say I'm about 98% vegan though. I've weight lifted off and on for at least 6 years now, and I'm just starting again after about a month and a half of slacking. Anyway, just glad to see there's a forum like this!

Welcome!

I was hoping to see some people from Seattle VegFest join us! The members from this forum at Seattle VegFest where:

Ravi

xdarthveganx

robert

Great to have you as part of our group. We have an amazing resource here so I hope you find answers to all your questions. Please feel free to explore the forum and get to know our community.

All the best and welcome aboard!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi Mishimoo - Please start your own Intro thread & tell us some more about yourself so that we can properly welcome you to the forum!

Well, I have been a Vegetarian for 3 years but until a few weeks I have been vegan because now that I have done some reading and deep thought, milk and eggs are gross to me now...every time I feel the pull to eat pizza I think "look at all that puss...yuk!" LOL!.

I also want to lose some weight and be fit, I have always battled with weight and eating disorders and I'm sick of it...so I want to be healthy, ethical, and fit.

FYI I want to lose 20 to 25 pounds, it may sound like a lot but I want to reach that goal. I'm 5.5, weight about 158 and have 31% fat (so my scale tells me), and I want to replace that fat with muscle. I don't want to be a body builder, but I do want to look lean.

I'm also looking for a right diet...I feel I eat too much carbs, even if they are whole, like brown rice and whole wheat bread. I excercise every day, at least a hour plus weights, but I suspect I fail when it comes to my diet...any examples of what should I eat to lose weight/fat????

Thanks,

Hello again mishimoo,

I apologize for not having been more clear. I meant that ya should start an entirely new thread for your intro - a new thread completely seperate from Nay747's. If I knew how I'd seperate yr posts & start it for you, but it's much easier for ya to just start a new one yourself.

Ps. Thanks for the intro! My general suggestion is to center your diet around whole foods, primarily fresh raw fruits and leafy green vegetables, preferably locally & organically grown.

Hello again mishimoo,

I apologize for not having been more clear. I meant that ya should start an entirely new thread for your intro - a new thread completely seperate from Nay747's. If I knew how I'd seperate yr posts & start it for you, but it's much easier for ya to just start a new one yourself.

Ps. Thanks for the intro! My general suggestion is to center your diet around whole foods, primarily fresh raw fruits and leafy green vegetables, preferably locally & organically grown.

Thanks and sorry...I have to get used to this site, but I will start a new thread