New to the forum

jwmcq

I've heard and read a lot of good stuff about Robert and what he has done for vegan bodybuilders and finally decided to join the forum and get back into the gym.

I've been a vegan for just about three years. I was a vegetarian for three years prior to that. I lifted for a few years while I was in the Army but never had real focus and either ended up screwing my time in the gym with poor diet or working too much and causing injury.

I am currently a cyclist and am a fairly large person (for a cyclist). I am looking to increase size on my upper body, tone my core and tone and strengthen my lower body. I am 76 inches tall and weigh about 220lbs. I am looking to lower my overall weight by just a few pounds...nothing drastic though because I am not really hung up on weight as an indicator of fitness...I just seem to feel better when I am a bit lighter.

That is pretty much it. I am excited to have finally registered and decided to get back to the gym. Thanks.

Welcome to our forum! Thanks for mentioning some of the work I've done as well. Much appreciated.

Thanks for the intro and we're happy to have you here. We have a number of cyclists and some who were strength athletes and who are now cyclists so some can relate being over 200 on a bike. I'm still building up to that, but would love to be in that weight range.

All the best and welcome aboard!

6'4" if I do my math right.

That's a big vegan

Welcome aboard.

You do do your math right. Funny enough, jamesthebigvegan is my screen name on a different vegan forum. I am very happy to see other vegans are helping to dispel the myth that vegans are malnourished or skinny etc etc. I opted not to use the same screen name here though cause I figure there are many large vegans onb these forums and I did not want to come off as a chump.

Thanks for the welcome.

welcome...I'm an overweight cyclist too 6'1' 200lbs...not huge for a regular person but big for someone who does 300+miles most weeks. Anyway how low are you trying to get and what races are you interested in???