New to the community

Cthulhu

Hi everyone,

I just joined this community yesterday. I have much experience in natural bodybuilding, nutrition, etc. My diet is currently 90% raw and I'm loving it. I do not consider myself a Vegan. I do consume RAW organic Milk from grass fed cows that are treated well and are not hurt in any way. Some of you may not agree with that, but eliminating cooked, dead meats, etc, from my diet was a big change and I am taking one step at a time. The cows are very healthy, and, like I said, they are not treated badly in any way. They are not kept in small boxes or anything like that. The farmer who cares for these cows is a close friend of mine, so I know this. I do not drink store-bought pasteurized milk from dead, and often abused cows. That is the only animal by product that I consume.

Anyway, I am in my early twenties and have been lifting since I was about 15 years old.

I'm 6'4'', 250 pounds, and about 10-11 % bf. My numbers are:

Bench: 419 pounds

Deadlift: 625 pounds

Shoulder press:175 pounds

Leg press: 1,500 pounds ( Probably a bit more)

My protein sources are: Organic Raw Hemp Protein Powder

Sprouted Nuts/Seeds

Sprouted Beans

Plenty of Greans

Raw, organic, grass fed milk

Sprouted grains, such as millet, etc.

Basically, what got me started on more of a raw food diet is because a family member of mine -my mother- had cancer when I was a teenager and I was sick of being sick.

I also had asthma and was a HUGE junk foodaholic. After seeing the senseless, and often deadly, treatment that she went through for her disease, I started researching cancer and health in general at a very young age.

Unfortunately, a few years later, my Mothers cancer returned. I was completely shocked. After finding out that Chemo and Radiation actually CAUSE cancer because it supresses your immune system and basically castrates the healthy cells in your body, thus allowing for cancer to return, I opened her eyes to more of an alternative approach. We found a clinic in Mexico that did not use any chemo or radiation. They stayed as holistic as possible, with the exception of drugs that were usually derived from natural sources and were generally non-toxic. They focused on NUTRITION, which was soemthing many of the western medical doctors are not taught in medical school. In fact, the founder of the clinic is/was a wastern medical doctor.

Nevertheless, to cut the long story short, she is alive and well. Her first doctor who put here on the chemo and radiation was both mentally and physically dumbfounded when he found out what had happened. After my Mother was healed, I outlined a special program for her to follow to re-build her immune system back up and regain her glow back. The whole process was very healing for me too. I don't have asthma anymore and I feel great.

So, that is my story of how and why I got into fitness and nutrition in general. I am currently going to school for Nutrition, Biochemestry, Health, Music , etc. I am also a professional bassist and love making music and - other than health, nutrition and fitness- that is my first love in my life. My degree is more of a fall-back if music does not work out. I am also getting into real estate because I love making money and having no boss( who doesn't?).

Cheers,

Stephen

Edited by Cthulhu

Even better...too many people get inflated numbers. When I was 19 I benched 370 and squatted 600...I know I could have done so much more than that with those aids but I don't agree with that...plus its nice to see people needing to use those things just to get to the raw numbers I had and you have.

Even better...too many people get inflated numbers. When I was 19 I benched 370 and squatted 600...I know I could have done so much more than that with those aids but I don't agree with that...plus its nice to see people needing to use those things just to get to the raw numbers I had and you have.

True. I do have a lifting belt, but I haven't used it yet. I need to start using it so I don't throw my back out. I actually got into powerlifting before bodybuilding, so maybe thats why I'm naturally a lot stronger. Even when I started doing martial arts when I was six, I think it gave me a foundation for lifting heavy.

Personally I don't think a belt is important unless you are seeing problems. Many olympic lifters(almost all European competitors) never wear belts. Once I start doing squats again I'm just gonna go easy and not use a belt...if I need a belt to do a weight I just won't do it yet even if I know my legs will handle it. So are you done competing in power lifting??? I always wanted to compete but I was caught up in other things.

Welcome Stephen!!!

I can relate very well with your mothers story and how you came about eating more raw food.

And I use Cheers that’s my ending for posts ha-ha - when I read your story I was like damn this is familiar...

Cheers,

Steve

Welcome Stephen!!!

I can relate very well with your mothers story and how you came about eating more raw food.

And I use Cheers that’s my ending for posts ha-ha - when I read your story I was like damn this is familiar...

Cheers,

Steve

LOL!

Nice to know. Did your Mother have beast cancer also?

Yes she did - She has been cancer free for over a year - she had 3 major surgeries over the past 5 years - along with chemotherapy.

My mother is the strongest person I know and has never let the disease bring her down!!!

Yes she did - She has been cancer free for over a year - she had 3 major surgeries over the past 5 years - along with chemotherapy.

My mother is the strongest person I know and has never let the disease bring her down!!!

It's sad that it took that many surgeries to help her, but I'm glad to hear she's alive. Maybe one day people and the western medical community will look back at these senseless treatments that cancer patients underwent and will open their minds to a newer and safer approach like those practiced around the world, but are illegal in America to even hear of. Glad to that she is alive though. Hope all goes well with the both of you.

Great intro!!!

My little brother had cancer - leukemia.

He is well and sound today and as a big sister I'm doing everything I can to make him realise how important the food is. Unfortunately he doesn't listen. He thinks the lightning never strikes twice... lol

Welcome to the forum!

Wow! 16 replies before I made it over here to say "Welcome!" I was out of town all day so that is my excuse.

Very impressive lifting numbers!!! Great stuff man! Thanks for the detailed intro as well.

It is great to have you as part of our team. Welcome to our community. I have a feeling you'll like it here.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Welcome Stephen!

Your mothers story is really inspiring! Whenever I see my smoking-notmoving-badeating mom who is already suffering of smaller health problems i think: How can I help her to change? Maybe it sometimes needs a major disease...

Was the clinic where she was treated a natural-hygiene-hospital?

Again welcome aboard!

P.S. Be aware: Many vegetarians went vegan after being a forum member for a little while IMHO cowsmilk is for cows babies.

Great intro!!!

He is well and sound today and as a big sister I'm doing everything I can to make him realise how important the food is. Unfortunately he doesn't listen. He thinks the lightning never strikes twice... lol

Welcome to the forum!

That stinks...lighting strikes twice all the time when it comes to cancer.

Great intro!!!

Welcome to the forum!

True. Most people today think that way. They think they're never going to get cancer, but when they do they're in shock.

Good to hear your brother is doing fine though.

Cheers

Welcome Stephen!

Your mothers story is really inspiring! Whenever I see my smoking-notmoving-badeating mom who is already suffering of smaller health problems i think: How can I help her to change? Maybe it sometimes needs a major disease...

Was the clinic where she was treated a natural-hygiene-hospital?

Again welcome aboard!

P.S. Be aware: Many vegetarians went vegan after being a forum member for a little while IMHO cowsmilk is for cows babies.

Hey, every little step counts when you're trying to help your Mom.

Yeah, some people look at milk as being only for calfs, but I look at it as a little gift they give back to us if we treat them right. Raw milk was VERY important -because of the probiotics- for re-building my Mothers immune system after her first radiation and chemo treatment had failed her. I seriously don't know what would of happened without it.

Yes. I believe it was a natural-hygiene-hospital. It used a raw food diet of only fresh produce, sprouts and fresh juice. We also used some Vitamin-B-17 -which I knew was a MAJOR factor in her cancer vanishing too.

Thanks for the input though!

Cheers,

Stephen

Wow! 16 replies before I made it over here to say "Welcome!" I was out of town all day so that is my excuse.

Very impressive lifting numbers!!! Great stuff man! Thanks for the detailed intro as well.

It is great to have you as part of our team. Welcome to our community. I have a feeling you'll like it here.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Thanks a lot man. Yeah, My goal is t reach 700 on that deadlift, so hopefully I'll hit those numbers soon.

Cheers,

Stephen

welcome! This is a great forum, and I am sure you will enjoy it! Lots of great folks creating a good online comunity and even somewhat of an offline community! Check out the Vegan Vacation we are having this summer! It is going to be awesome. You can find out about it through the main board!