New to vegan lifestyle

nspanky

Hi, my name is Nicole and i have been following a raw food vegan diet for about 3 weeks now. I am eating raw about 70%of the time. I feel great, also! My fitness goals for summer are to just maintain what muscle i have, we go to the lake alot and just hang out. I figure our summers are too short to be cooped up in the gym everyday! In the winter, i go hard lifting weights and i hate cardio, do it maybe 3x a week!!

So far i've found making seperate meals for me and my family to be a challenge, i make alot of stuff ahead of time and freeze or make it in big batches. So i am here to get ideas, recipes and chat with others who follow this lifestyle AND stay very ACTIVE.

Welcome Nicole! Great to have you here as part of our group! We have a really cool community here and I'm sure you'll make some new friends, find motivation from others, learn from us, inspire us and teach us.

There are many people here interested in raw foods as well. We even have a whole section dedicated to it.

Enjoy our community and welcome aboard!

You say it takes little time to prep a raw meal, i think i may be trying to make too many gourmet raw food meals, so to speak. I love cooking and trying new recipes, i can't just eat the same old salads everyday, so i spend alot of time looking for new things. Can anyone recommend a site or book that has some tasty but simple raw recipes?

You say it takes little time to prep a raw meal, i think i may be trying to make too many gourmet raw food meals, so to speak. I love cooking and trying new recipes, i can't just eat the same old salads everyday, so i spend alot of time looking for new things. Can anyone recommend a site or book that has some tasty but simple raw recipes?

Hey Nicole

did you check out the raw food section ?

there's pretty cool stuff there..

nice to meet you and welcome