Hey Gang

PETAbodybuilder

Welcome Mike!

Mike and I have been in touch for quite a while now and he has been a frequent vistor to the main website. I asked him to come by and join us on the new forum since he is another competitive vegan bodybuilder and works with PETA, so he's right in the thick of things as far as athletics and activism.

We have a bunch of competitive vegan athletes here Mike, as well as many other vegans who are musicians, parents, teachers, doctors, students, children, activists, and just in general, a lot of great people.

Thanks for coming by to say hi, drop in from time to time

-Robert

I laughed out loud for a good 7 maybe 8 seconds at Richard's comment, so I praise it.

I don't believe Richard is an attention hog......I know you're joking by the way, but aside from his announcement when he arrived stating he was awesome, I think he's quite removed from the spotlight. I used to love the spotlight, but I am starting to stay away from it a bit lately.

Yes, we should welcome Mike and ask him what it is like working for PETA, I am curious as well.

As far as Richard, he always makes me laugh, so I look forward to his posts always, and remain convinced he is awesome.

Yo Mike...tell us a bit about working with Peta...please

-Robert

This is probably one of the best places to work. Not only do you get a chance to meet awesome people, but you get to be super creative on a daily basis. It is hard work, but the rewards definatly work it out. I am still in the Navy also, but will be leaving uncle same in 58 days (but who's counting), I am also an aerobics instructor (SPIN, BootCamp Fitness, Kardio Kickboxing, and Self Defense) for bally total fitness.

Virgina grows on you, I moved here from San Diego, and that was a big culture shock, but I love it here now.

I am currently working on the Anti-Fur campaign. We do a lot to promote the use of synthetics vice the using the animals for their skins.

The marathon and the Bodybuilding can be quite contradictory somtimes, but I have found a pretty neat way to balance it all out. I will do a write up about the experience and submit to Robert.

We just received our first group of dogs from the Katrina Hurricane. You would not believe what survivors these little guys and gals are. It makes you believe in the spirit of all beings to want to live, and to see the love that they give us in the building- despite all that they have been through- Its amazing.

I want to thank all of you for your warm welcome to the forum. I plan on visitng often- at least once a day.

Have a wonderful and healthy day everyone!!!!

Ive been in for about 9.5 years now. You just have to stay committed. Some ships, if you are lucky, will help to cater to this, just tell them you want it. Unfortunatlly the many gang up on the few when it comes to that kind of stuff.

I am lucky, I am shore based, so it isnt hard for me to make a trip down to a local Veggie Deli, or bring in my own boca.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Mike. Welcome aboard.

I recently got someone to go vegetarian as a result of your anti-fur campaign against J.Crew, er J.Cruel. He sent out an e-mail saying how the PETA footage of the cruelty on fur farms made him cry and that even though he didn't consider himself an animal rights activist, he didn't think animals needed to die for him to be clothed. I politely responded that animals don't need to die for him to be fed either and then pointed him toward "Meet Your Meat," as it is no less saddening than the fur videos and necessitates a boycott itself. He was very responsive and decided to move toward a more compassionate, almost vegan lifestyle.

So thanks for all your work!

We appreciate you getting out there and spreading the word!!! It does not take a lot, and if anyone out there needs leaflets, stickers, starter kits, etc, do not hesitate to ask and we will get you on your way to helping animals everywhere. They definately need your voice, Great Job and keep up the good work!!!!