John V intro

John V

Hi folks, and thanks for taking a moment to read my intro. Cleveland, Ohio is where I live now. I grew up here but lived in Santa Fe then Taos for many years, while traveling the world. My daughter is 11. After being a lactovegetarian for about ten years again, I became a vegan a few years ago. I dropped 40 pounds the first couple of months after becoming a vegan. I have another 40 to spare. I'm trying to recultivate my walking and yoga practices. I work in food banking, feeding local folks in need. I have some Hindu practices and am of Baltic ancestry. Say "hi" if you'd like.

Edited by John V

Welcome John! Great to have you here. Thanks so much for joining our forum and for the introduction! I hope you enjoy your time getting to know our group, the members and the community.

Lots of people here, including myself are into yoga

All the best and welcome aboard!

Welcome John! I ate some very good vegan Ethiopian food in Columbus! It was a buffett even! It was a long time ago...1997.

Flanders77...Lactovegetarian is somone who is basically vegan but they eat dairy.

there is also LactoOvo vegtarian, a Vegetarian who eats eggs and dairy. I think there is even Ovo Vegetarian.... A vegan who eats eggs.

Flanders77...Lactovegetarian is somone who is basically vegan but they eat dairy.

there is also LactoOvo vegtarian, a Vegetarian who eats eggs and dairy. I think there is even Ovo Vegetarian.... A vegan who eats eggs.

I already pm'ed with John about this.

There is not such thing like a vegan eating eggs or dairy. The term vegan was originally invented to distinguish between vegetarians who eat animal "foods" and strict or true vegetarians. By leaving out the middle part of the word the term vegan stands for the essentials of vegetarianism.

A lacto-ovo-vegan is a contadiction in itself.

When I talked to Alex about these words yesterday he said that everybody can call himself vegan at least as long as he does not eat...

I already pm'ed with John about this.

There is not such thing like a vegan eating eggs or dairy. The term vegan was originally invented to distinguish between vegetarians who eat animal "foods" and strict or true vegetarians. By leaving out the middle part of the word the term vegan stands for the essentials of vegetarianism.

A lacto-ovo-vegan is a contadiction in itself.

When I talked to Alex about these words yesterday he said that everybody can call himself vegan at least as long as he does not eat...

I get that...I was just saying that way for ease of writing and wording...so i could use less words. Sorry if I confused you.