Hello! I'm very new!

Neoveg

Hello all!

I have been lurking for a few days and really like what I have read and seen.

I am 40 and have been vegan for about two weeks, yeah that was weeks and I am 40 years old. I was vegetarian for one week before that but I felt like there was a bigger picture going on in my life and in the world. So I didn't want to haf-step so I knocked out the dairy and eggs after that first week. Still have some animal product items that I will be slowly removing from my life (I replaced lotions and my wallet this week). Anyway I am very committed, My journey began about a month ago when I had some "guy" problems and thought I was dying with the "Lance Armstrong" thing. It was nothing like that (I always think the worst!) when the test came back. It got me thinking about life, and I started feeling that I was at a crossroad in my life. It is time to go down hill or start fighting healthwise. So, as I started reading allover the internet about diets and health I came across alot of people that were vegan and really liked what they had to say and what it stands for. I wish it would have hit me earlier in life the cruelty that goes on in the world, that I have perpetuated by continually eating animals. Anyway I am here now and TODAY I do not feel like I will ever go back (I am a recovering addict and alcoholic and have been sober for over 13 years so I recognize this feeling of absoluteness and clarity).

As far as fitness goes, I used to surf, skateboard, played basketball, ran, whatever but in my twenties I decided to be a drunk and got really fat! I have a weight set at home and I have trained sporadically (two years ago did the Body For Life thing) I have not been consistent especially since we just adopted a soon to be 2 year old. My wife's a nurse so scheduling scheduling scheduling leaves me being Mr. Mom alot! But I have recommited with my new lifestyle as a vegan and will be getting up early or working out later but I will surely be getting it in. I got the Built Naturally DVD off of Amazon and really thought it was awesome. It is very motivating to me right now!

I guess I will be doing alot of reading old posts, because no one likes a newbie asking questions from a post just a couple weeks ago! But this seems to be a really nice crowd and a very healthy minded group of people. I will especially be interested in nutriton as far as losing fat and gaining muscle/no atrophy.

Thanks for letting me ramble on, didn't realize how much I wrote, sorry so long!

Jeff

Awesome story welcome Neoveg!

This is not only a great fitness forum, but it is also just a good all around "place to hang out" with like minded people. Have fun and ask away, everyone here, from what I've seen, is very helpful...

P.S. I just turned 30 and I too wish I would have *realized* how absolutely barbaric it is to slaughter and eat animals. I think I've had somewhat of a spiritual awakening since becoming vegan, as I'm sure most vegans do...

Welcome to our group!

Great intro!

We have a fun group of people here and I hope you enjoy the forum community! We're still working on fixing some technical issues that came up a week or two ago, but for the most part, things are getting back to normal around here.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Awesome intro! Welcome to the forums. I hope you learn a lot from reading the posts, but also don't be afraid to ask questions and join in with some of the silliness that can go on here. I'm very impressed by how you've turned your life around... great work!

Welcome and congrats on the negative test results. And thank you for not taking them for granted the same way so many people do. As for questions just ask. There's no sense in looking only to old posts when new opinions can be heard.