tuc's training and eating topic (back in business!)

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

bronco
Gorilla

Re: tuc's training and eating topic

#136 Postby bronco » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:44 pm

tuc wrote:Thanks bronco! Actually I did it like the vid above, so I didn't lift the cleans from the floor. Guess it's actually not clean at all but I got good pump with it so it's all good.

Hang powerclean then :) . For the record the technique in that video is pretty suboptimal.

xjohanx
Elephant

#137 Postby xjohanx » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:11 pm

Suboptimal if you want to move as much weight as possible maybe, but it's a bodybuilding C&P. It's not about strength really.
cubby2112 wrote:When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.

bronco
Gorilla

#138 Postby bronco » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:28 am

xjohanx wrote:Suboptimal if you want to move as much weight as possible maybe, but it's a bodybuilding C&P. It's not about strength really.

You're right, I mean suboptimal as far as proper clean technique goes. If it is more or less effective for building muscle I am not really sure, it depends I guess.

xjohanx
Elephant

#139 Postby xjohanx » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:31 am

Optimal for getting pumped maybe :D
Tuc you look awesome in your avatar. Your arms could feed the whole world with protein.
cubby2112 wrote:When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.

robert
Site Admin

#140 Postby robert » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:48 pm

Nice new avatar man! I saw it this morning and got pumped!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

tuc
Elephant

#141 Postby tuc » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:12 pm

Thanks bronco, now I know what I'm doing!

Haha xjohanx :lol: :lol: I can try and ask people "Do you want to eat me?"
@ Robert, awesome if I can motivate you! Keep pumpin and keep getting bigger!

Wed 15th October

1h 45min bboying

Fri 17th October

- Bench press, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 7 + 7 + 5 @ 82kg (last time 7 + 6 + 5 -> progress!) :mrgreen:
- Hang power clean, curl bar: 3 + 3 + 1½ @ 50 kg (heavy s**t!)
- Bicep curls, curl bar: 6 + 4 + 4 @ 50kg (110lbs! but these were fugly)

I have a headache so I'll continue tomorrow or on Sunday.
Y.E.A.H. B.U.D.D.Y. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
(citation of Lean & Green) Click here for more yeah buddies!

I run a vegan food webstore and retail store chain in Finland. Please check http://www.vegetukku.fi for more information (sry, only in Finnish)!

tuc
Elephant

#142 Postby tuc » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:01 pm

Sun 19th October

- Deep squats, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 8 + 7 + 6 @ 84kg (reps going up all the time!)
- Deadlifts, just some singles @ 50, 92 and 130kg... felt weak after squats -> I'll do them properly in a couple of days
- Bent-over row, barbell: 7 + 7 + 7 @ 92kg
- Shrugs, barbell: 10 + 10 + 9 @ 92kg

I run a vegan food webstore and retail store chain in Finland. Please check http://www.vegetukku.fi for more information (sry, only in Finnish)!

tuc
Elephant

#143 Postby tuc » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:12 pm

Mon 20th October

2h 15min bboying

Wed 22nd October

1h 45min bboying

Thu 23rd October

4 hours walking and running, sharing flyers.

Mon 27th October

2h 15min bboying

- Bench press, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 12 @ 70kg, 9 + 7 @ 76kg
- Hang power clean, barbell: a couple of sets @ 53kg, reps less than 10 per set. Also some clean & presses with same weights.
- Bicep curls, curl bar: 5 @ 50kg, then 11 + 10 @ 40kg
- Bent-over rows, barbell: 10 + 8 + 10 @ 84kg

HCPinGviini
Gorilla

#144 Postby HCPinGviini » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:27 pm

tuc wrote:Thu 23rd October

Are they afraid of you? I would, if someone, who had as big arms like yours would approach me with a flyer. What flyers you were sharing?

xjohanx
Elephant

#145 Postby xjohanx » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:47 pm

HCPinGviini wrote:

Are they afraid of you? I would, if someone, who had a big belly like yours would approach me with a flyer. What flyers you were sharing?

tuc
Elephant

#146 Postby tuc » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:39 am

HCPinGviini wrote:

Are they afraid of you? I would, if someone, who had as big arms like yours would approach me with a flyer. What flyers you were sharing?

We mostly shared those flyers to mailboxes, that explains the running. I ran for city council of Turku from the Green party. Here's my flyer:

and here's an ad for the internet:

The text says: Kids to the gym and protein to vegetarian food in schools

I got 149 votes, I almost got through as a vice counselor (was the first one who didn't got through from the Green party). My gf did even better and she's now a vice counselor. With the votes I got I will be getting seats in some boards, which is great. I got 6th largest number of votes from all the Green men here in Turku and 2nd largest number of votes of men below 30 years. :boxer: Unfortunately, it's really hard to get through as a man from the list of the Green party since most people who vote for the Greens vote for women only.

My themes were pretty much pro-vegetarian which obviously means that my voters are great people.

The Green party, which is pro-vegetarian became the THIRD largest party in my home city, Turku, with 15,9 % support. Nationwide, we have 3 large parties (National Coalition = like Republicans but way more left, The Center Party = hicks, SDP = Social Democratic Party) who all have like 20 % support. In the future, the Green party will be among the large 3 large ones since most of the young people vote for the Greens or National Coalition.

Also, in the capital of Finland, Helsinki, the Greens took a huge win and became the SECOND largest party! :mrgreen: Nationwide we now have 9 % support.

tuc
Elephant

#147 Postby tuc » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:54 pm

Tue 28th October

- Deadlifts, barbell: warm up @ 84kg, then 1 @ 122kg, 1 @ 164kg, 1 @ 174,4kg, 3 @ 152,4kg
- Shrugs, barbell: 3 x 6 @ 122kg (this also included 3 x 1 @ 122kg deadlifts :mrgreen:)

Personal best once again. Last pb in dl was 172kg. :)

tuc
Elephant

#148 Postby tuc » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:54 am

Wed 29th October

1h 45min bboying

Sat 1st November

- Bench press, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 8 + 6 + 5 @ 82kg
- Deep squat, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 7 + 7 + 7 @ 82kg
- Ben-over rows, barbell: 11 + 11 + 11 @ 84kg
- Bicep curls, curl bar: 6 + 5 @ 50kg, 10 @ 40kg

xjohanx
Elephant

#149 Postby xjohanx » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:34 am

Congrats on the deadlift PB. I'm really starting to love that excersise after doing it for about 1 month. I don't do max reps but I keep reps pretty low. This thursday I did 120 kg for 6 reps. One day I'm gonna beat you :wink:

I'm Your Man
Elephant

#150 Postby I'm Your Man » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:55 am

tuc wrote:The Green party, which is pro-vegetarian became the THIRD largest party in my home city, Turku, with 15,9 % support. Nationwide, we have 3 large parties (National Coalition = like Republicans but way more left, The Center Party = hicks, SDP = Social Democratic Party) who all have like 20 % support. In the future, the Green party will be among the large 3 large ones since most of the young people vote for the Greens or National Coalition.

Also, in the capital of Finland, Helsinki, the Greens took a huge win and became the SECOND largest party! Nationwide we now have 9 % support.
wow, I wish it was like that where I live, and in the rest of the world! I wonder what Joe thinks about that
"Do your best, don't worry, be happy" - Meher Baba

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”