Food Log w/ pics

I'll share what I'll eat :)

Vegans since beginning of 2008, I love all kinds of vegan foods, but espescially fruits like dried figs, fresh dates, maybe lychees are amongst my favorites. Of course, I love peanuts and peanut butter, cooked meals like pastas, etc. Avocados and olives.

My nutrition is always evolving.

Edited by I'm Your Man

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm gonna eat to lose weight

I'm 170cm and my weight fluctuate often between 60 and 65kg. During summer under 55kg.

I'm gonna start slowly, by reducing portions for a few days or one week, then a protein fasting for at least two full weeks, then continue with protein shakes but incorporating some more energetic meals, not often but at the right moments, like post-workout.

Drinks: water, stimulating infusions such as green tea, ginkgo, guarana, hawthorn, calming infusions such as camomile, valerian, passionflower, etc.

Supplements (especially during protein-fasting): amino complex powder, multivitamin & mineral complex + more B12, potassium, calcium-magnesium-zinc, chlorophyll, bromelain, Co-Q10 (a powerful antioxydant)

During protein-fasting

Green vegetables and salt for fibers, potassium and iod-sodium.

Alternating soy and hemp proteins, than only soy.

Nutiva organic Hemp shakes + Manitoba Harvest organic hemp protein

Proteins: 21. Carbs: 20 (15g sugars) Fat: 1,5. Calories : 224

Proteins: 24. Carbs: 20 (4g sugars) Fat: 3. Calories: 234

Gourmet Nutrition Soy Isolate Protein 90% , ngm

Proteins: 22. Carbs: 0. Fat: 0. Calories: 100

nb: Usually I sweeten with Stevia, but sometimes nutritionnal facts can differs when I add carob powder and cinnamon, fortified unsweeted soy beverage, vanilla or raspberry essence extract.

Later

Summer diet to continue losing weight or maintain it will be raw and organic, light and refreshing...

Lots of fresh fruits morning and evening.

Iced green tea and green tea smoothies.

Tofu and other soy products.

Salads and raw vegetables.

Some sunflowerseeds, almonds, other nuts...

Mung beans, Alfalfa sprouts...

Some sandwiches (lentills, soy or plain veggies)

Vegan sushi and Japanese recipes

Edited by I'm Your Man

Hey,

I agree with potter on this one, although I understand what you mean by setting goals beyond your expectations. But 1% should not be an expectation, you cannot survive on that low bodyfat. After my comp when I was around that range, I had a doctor check me out and he said my organs came close to shutting down which isn't cool. It's risky.... Anything sub 4% is for show and nothing more, not to maintain for any longer than a few days. It's unhealthy.

Anyways, there is no way in the world that you are 20-25% bf. Someone with bf that high has noticeable fat all over and is very out of shape. You are in shape and kind of lean. I'm no expert but i'd say you are about 11% bf and i'd be highly highly shocked if your number measured anywhere higher than 15% on a scale.

115lb seems like a low weight for you too if you're putting on lbm, muscle weighs more than fat. Unless you're trying to lose bf and lbm and have a thin body, I would suspect you'd weigh more than this in six months, even with a leaner body.

Whatever the case, I look forward to reading your blog

i also like Yerba Mate as a stimulating infusion. You can get it 'unsmoked' and just make a sun tea if you don't want to boil it, which is how I prefer tea...

Hey,

Anything sub 4% is for show and nothing more, not to maintain for any longer than a few days. It's unhealthy.

(...)

115lb seems like a low weight for you ...

(...)

i also like Yerba Mate as a stimulating infusion. You can get it 'unsmoked' and just make a sun tea if you don't want to boil it, which is how I prefer tea...

Thanks for commenting, VeganPotter and Lean & Green.

I'm not an expert neither. I always thought it was impossible to go under 4%, that the body would always keep a minimal amount of fat no matter what, most bodybuilders competing were at 4-6... until I saw your comp. pics Lean & Green ! saying you were at 1.3%. So I said 1% without thinking. But I didn't know it was dangerous. Of course I won't try that. I don't care about the bf% and I have no way to measure it, I just want to have enough definition on abs and quads, back, etc.

To be at 115 lb is also exagerating I guess. It would be possible only by losing also some lean mass, which I don't want. But 125-130 lb would be more correct. I'm only 5" 8. My brother is about the same height than me and was at 122 lb at one time, with very good muscular definition, Bruce Lee like. But since I have more lean mass, I would weight more for the same bf, about 130lb.

I've heard about sun infusions. I'm gonna try that during summer.

Here's two recipes perhaps you'll like to try:

Morning tonic drink

(I forgot the exact quantities but you can experiment)

Blend about 1 cup of pineapple or pineapple juice with 2 spoons of natural peanut butter and 1 or 2 cups or alfafa sprouts. Serve cold. Tastes good !

Green Tea antioxydant gelatin

2 1/2 cups of green tea

3 1/2 grape juice

2 spoons of Agar Agar vegetal gelatin powder

2 cups of mix berries (raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, etc...), drop the whole fruits in the drink

Pour hot tea on gelatin and mix, add other ingredients, put in the fridge in hermetic recipient.

March 5,6,7

Ate some slices of my birthday cake. I finished my quinoa yesterday, with carrots, olive oil. Later I finished also my tofu, with tamari sauce, zuchinis. Ate some apples and pink grapefruits.

Some protein shakes.

8th of march

Except for my protein powder stuff, my fridge is almost empty, still have some carrots… It's gonna be easy to cut on food. Still have some oatmeal, raisins, sunflower seeds, doubt I touch them because I'm losing apetite as I'm eating less and less.

I lost info for next days, but it was very low calories, mostly hemp protein shakes and supplements.

Thursday 13th of March

10am: soy shake. cal:100

12:30pm: soy shake. cal:100

4 pm: high protein home-made vinaigrette with lots of brocoli and celeri, less than 200 cals

8pm: soy shake, 100

total: about 500 calories and 80 grams of proteins.

Not eating a lot, complete loss of apetite, I should drink protein shakes more frequently so it could increase my metabolism, burning fat even faster. Protein-fasting is on since almost a week now. Lost about 5kg (last time I checked I was at 60kg or 135 lb. looking good, even though I'm a little sceptic, my belly didn't seem to have changed a lot since beginning of diet. I hope I didn't lose any lean mass.

March 14

10 am: hemp shake, 220 cals

12:30pm: high protein vinaigrette with broccoli and celery. 180

4:30pm: soy shake with soymilk, raspberry extract and stevia, was so good!! 190 cal

10pm: same soy shake than before. 190

total: less than 800 calories, around 90 grams of proteins

My high-protein vinaigrette recipe

I tried this the other day, putting stuff that I found in my fridge, it’s so good! I adjust quantities until desired consistency

1-2 tablespoons of Soymilk powder

1-2 tablespoons of soy protein isolate

a pinch of yellow mustard powder, Herbamare (aromatic seasalt), garlic, italian fine herbs (basilic, oregano, thym…), or whatever you have…

a few drops of Tamari sauce

1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard

In 1-2 tablespoon of water of soy beverage, mix the mustard powder, soymilk powder and soy isolate. Add rest of ingredients and mix with a spoon.

I think I'm gonna make some changes because often I feel weak. Either I have to make an effort to drink 6 shakes per day, or either I begin to eat some meals like adding fruits, oatmeal, etc...

15 march

I was feeling so weak this morning, thought maybe a little change from the protein shakes would help, after a week at almost zero carbs per day. Ate a big bowl of oatmeal with raisins. Was so good. I saw the sugar circulate in all veins. But I was even more tired!

Later I ate some greens with salt and mustard. Like usually, all I needed was potassium and salt. I felt great! trained for 30 minutes and than drinked a soy shake.

total: less than 700 calories, about 70 grams or proteins

losing some weight ! starting to see my upper abs, left bicep vein always visible.

note: I'll be writing here only once a week later on, with short description of the food and caloric amount for each day, takes too much time writing everyday.

So I made some drastic changes. I've been doing a protein-fast for about 7 days and was planning to continue it longer, but I've stopped, for many reasons. It's good to lose wight fast (lost about 14lb/6 kg in 7 days) - even perhaps too fast (I'm sure I lost some lean mass too) but after the first week the body is used to this very low calorie intake (most days I was as low as 400-600 cals/day). Sometimes I felt I had plenty of energy (but that was nothing compared to when I eat enought), most of days I was pretty weak.

It was on low calorie/low metabolism... So during last week I completly changed my tactic. Now I started to eat more, every 2-3 hours, it increases my metabolism, I can move more. Always full of energy. Ate a bit too much (gained 3kg from the 6kg I lost last week) but I don't care. There's like 2 meters of snow outside (all the rain that USA had, it then came in snow here!), summer is not for now, and it's not like if I had 300lb of fat to lose. Especially when I'll be cycling this summer, just a few weeks on tofu, fruits and green tea and I'll be skinny.

As you can see (above) my weight can fluctuate quite fast in quite a short period of time. It will depend if I control my food intake, don't make excess, keep moving and stay active.

New 6 weeks program to boost my metabolism found that in a bodybuilding magazine...

I start this program this week but slowly, not strict about it. 1st of May though I'll be starting to lose weight more seriously.

week

1 - reduce carb intake for 4 days (short protein-fast)

- zero carbs for last meal each evening of the week

2 - add more cardio sessions (30-60 minutes) at least 3/week

- increase protein intake, decrease carb intake

3 - reduce carb intake for 4 days (short protein-fast)

- zero carbs for last meal each evening of the week

4 - at least 2 cardio sessions 30-60 minutes

- add a cardio session on empty stomach one morning or after a weightlifting session.

5 - cheat : 1 day/week, eat more than what your body got used to

- add 50% more series at training

6 - take a break for 3 full days then repeat program if necessary

week of March 17-23

my weight as of 20th of March : 135 lb (60.5 kg)

So last week I didn't have a lot of energy during that 7 days protein-fast with 400-600 calories/day ! Won't do that again, except for shorter periods of time (3-4 days and adding some fruits).

This week I ate a lot. Quite a lot compared to last week! But didn't take much bodyweight because it still wasn't enough, but it gave me an energy boost and increased my metabolism.

My normal energy needs:

2000 calories days of rest

2500 calories days of workout

lowest day : 840 calories, 77 gr proteins

highest day: 2800 calories, 90 gr proteins

average for 5 other days : 1000-1100 calories, 70 gr proteins

Menu for March 17-23

-500 gr of peanut butter in 2 days. Sometimes with nothing else, sometimes on bananas, or on Ezekiel bread with bananas.

(Speaking of bananas, I ate about 10 this week. I wanted them, needed them, craved for them because for about 1 year I gave up all that is supposed to be bad for me according to the Blood Type Diet. Now I still follow some rules like replacing wheat by other cereals. But when I want some fruits or greens, I'll try them and see if it has any side effects on me, like tomatoes, cuz I have some serious doubts about the veracity of this theory now).

-Salads with lettuce, spinach, kale, olive oil or sliced avocados, and tomatoes (3 tomatoes this week, haven't notice it negatively affects me in any way).

-Many sandwiches (ezekiel bread, tomatoes, spinach, avocados, 1 pkg of soy cheese, 1 pkg of soy meatless meat, Veganaise !)

You all probably know already since a long time but I have to tell it because I just discovered it... Veganaise is sooo goood! before that I only tried the Soyanaise, not super good... but the Veganaise, it's like a thousand times better than regular mayo with eggs. Veganaise tastes like the best of mayo that would have been mixed with cream cheese.

-Some raw Chia alone or on oatmeal with raisins and sliced bananas, almost every morning, sometimes adding soymilk.

-Pears (4), pink grapefruits (5)

-tofu (350 gr), with zuchinis, broccolis, tamari

-energy bars (2)

-soy and hemp protein shakes (average 1 shake/day or less)

-quinoa, tofu, broccoli

-soy chocolate pudding (4)

-grean tea, water

I must add: my skin is so soft (like baby's skin) these days from all the good fats I've been eating ; soy, peanuts and almonds, but especially avocado and olive oil ! I definetly must add some flax seeds to my diet and my skin will be so soft I'll always want to touch it!

March 24-30

This week I had :

-grapefruit with sunflower seeds

-oatmeal with cranberries

-Chia with mashed apples, cinnamon

-fresh fruits : bananas, apples, plums, pears

-dried fruits (raisons, prunes)

-some nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts)

-taboulé : millet, oat bran, cucumbers, tomatoes, olive oil, Nayonaise, tofu, fine herbs...

-sandwiches: spelt bread, alfalfa sprouts, Veganaise, tomatoes

-crackers, chips, cookies

-greens : spinach, cabbage, parsnips, carrots, sugarsnaps

-soy smoothies

-hemp protein shakes

-sprouted mung beans, white beans

-cream style corn w/mashed potatoes and scrambled tofu, tomatoes

-spinach pastas with red sauce and black beans

calculated only the first day : 1660 calories and 50 grams of proteins.

Then stopped calculating because I was eating too much. I guess I was eating more than what I burn on some days, I guess I gained some pounds.

monday 31 march - sunday 6 april

fruits: pears, apples, bananas, prunes, cranberries, pink grapefruit, olives

greens & proteins: spinach, broccoli, bok choy, peas, yams, white beans, almonds, sunflower seeds, hemp shake, soy shake, sprouts : alfalfa, mung beans, lentills

meals raw almonds-apple-cinnamon Chia, vegan chop suey, scrambled tofu sandwich with Veganaise, pasta with rosé sauce (tomatoes, soymilk, garlic and fine herbs), rice and lentills, green salads with olive oil, tofu dessert with fruit coulis.

still at 134lb

I've been eating a lot in the past few weeks (not so much, I maintained my weight).

Now it's finally ressembling like spring outside.

This week I'm starting to cut on food. For a 16-weeks period.

So beginning of April - end of July.

I don't even consider this as a diet to lose weight, but more focused on raw food, fruits, to try and see if I can get in the best shape of my life, and I'm gonna lose weight since I won't buy nuts or eat too much calorie dense food.

Here's some food I'm gonna eat during summer:

greens (a lot): spinach, kale, broccoli... salads...

fruits (a lot) : pineapple, grapefruit, bananas, pears... all fruits

sprouts : quinoa, buckwheat, millet...

mung beans, alfalfa, sunflower seeds...

proteins: soy, hemp, rice protein shakes.

Also some fortified beverages : soy, almonds, rice, hemp if I can find some. Adding some fruits in it.

Tofu, legumes (lentills, white/black beans, etc) with grains and greens.

Green smoothies, green tea, water...

cooked, cheats, etc : in the morning, some oatmeal, with raisins. I'll try to moderate this, and maybe some pancakes with fruits and maple syrup. Also I'm allowing me for this summer : 1 choco soy icecream, because that's one thing I must do at least once this summer, during a heat wave, eating a whole vegan icecream package while watching a movie on a hot night.

Those and some big meals with grains and legumes will be the stuff that I'll eat just one day per week to give a boost to my system.

In the last weeks I'm gonna cut some carbs and fat:

less fruits, grains, legumes, avocados, olives, olive oil, flax seeds, carrots, yams.

Keeping greens and proteins.

7 - 13 April

I ate:

fruits

apples, plums, pink grapefruits...

dried kiwis

peach soy yogourt, with sliced bananas and grapes

greens

broccoli

green salads, olives, spinach, cucumbers, lettuce, alfalfa...

amaranth, oat bran

rice and lentills

hummus on pita bread stuffed with spinach, alfalfa...

pasta, oilve oil, carrots, beets, mung beans

hemp and soy protein shakes

almond, soy drinks

marinated tofu, sugarsnaps, mung beans

pasta with white beans and spinach

bbq peanuts, chilli and lime soycrisps, potato chips

14 - 20 april

-hemp and soy protein shakes

-hemp, rice, soy drinks; plain, vanilla, choco, carob...

-mixed nuts and fruits (coconut, mango, papaya, peanuts, walnuts, cantaloup, pumpkin seeds)

-kiwis, apples, pink grapefruits, pears, bananas, baby bananas, dried figs, fresh dates

-oatmeal with dried cranberries, banana

-raw organic energy bars

-soy yogourts: vanilla, strawberry, apricot-guava

-caramel soypudding

-organic brown rice crisps

in salads:

-tomatoes, avocados, cabbage, olives, olive oil, spinach, lettuce, corn, black beans, marinated tofu, different sprouts (alfalfa, mung beans...)

-wonton soup

-rice, broccoli

-rice and black beans, broccoli

I bought some aloes vera pure juice, it tastes fine. I'm gonna put this in some green smoothis during summer, along with some chlorophyll concentrate, and blend this with spinach, kale, some fresh mint or persial...

april 21-27

This week I had:

-banana and raisins, kiwis, pears, apples, pink grapefruits

-oatmeal with banana slices, dried cranberries, vanilla almond milk

-Larabar, Cliff bar, sesame snaps,

-bread and acaï-strawberry-blackberry jam

-Gojï berries

-some hemp and soy shakes

-salad: buckwheat and clover sprouts, whole corn kernels, spinach

-organic vegetable soup

-tofu and broccoli

-pumpkin seeds with liquid amino acids

-veggieburgers (sesame, sunflower seeds, peanuts) with tomatoe, avocado, spinach, etc.

April 28 th- May 4th

This week I had:

-bananas, apples, pink grapefruits, mangos, berries, cranberries

-oatmeal, tapioca

-vanilla almond milk, chocolate hemp milk, plain soy milk

-sesame snaps, 85% chocolate, blueberry pie, potatoe chips

-buckwheat pancakes with maple syrup, jam, berries

-spicy scrambled tofu with tomatoes, onions, tabasco sauce, liquid amino acids...

-pumpkin seeds

-in salads or green smoothies: avocado, spinach, kale...

-rice, beets, broccoli

May 5th- May 11th

Besides some fruits and greens, I ate lots of crap this week:

-coconut macaroons, soy caramel pudding, sesame snaps, 85% chocolate bar, chips

-bananas, apples, pink grapefruits, mangos, berries, cranberries, prunes

-oatmeal

-milks: rice, almond, hemp, soy, protein smoothies

-in salads : olive oil, olives, avocado, spinach, tomatoes, onions, beets, liquid amino acids

-tofu, 3-beans salad, mexican salad (beans, corn, etc)

-more stuff that I forgot

things I forgot:

-salads made of : artichoke and palm hearts, carrot salad, sprouts

-buckwheat pancakes with blueberries

Found a good substitute to vinegar: horseraddish. It can also substitute Dijon mustard, sauerkraut.

Grate it and put it on about everything, like in veggiedogs. I like it in beets salad: only grate beets with grate horseraddish, that's it.

May 12th- May 18th

This week I had:

-raw: green salads, fruits: sugarsnaps, olives, avocados, carrots, spinach, hot peppers, tomatoes, sprouts (alfalfa, mung beans, fenugreek, clover, etc), bananas, plums, pink grapefruits, peaches, pears, berries.

-cooked: grains, proteins: protein smoothies, yams, tofu, corn kernels and corn cream, millet, amaranth, quinoa, onions, white beans, rice, buckwheat pancakes with raspberry jam, oatmeal.

Last time I weight myself I was at 60kg, so I lost 5kg in one or two months.

Here's some strange pics taken today, look at my left arm, so weird, appears difformed, no? Lol!

I guess it's because of the camera angle. I feel like James Woods in Videodrome with a mutant arm!

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/muscles/IMG_2983.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/muscles/IMG_2991.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/muscles/IMG_2993.jpg