Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:34 am 
Stegosaurus

I can't tell you how many of my platonic women friends CONSTANTLY bitch about their boyfriends being slobs. All of those relationship experts that put out pop books and go on talk shows need to add house cleaning to their list of relationship stressors. I think it belongs right up there with trust and money.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:29 pm 
Elephant

Why can't men just pick up after themselves?

Lol he's learning.

Yesterday I came home from work and he had made me a big pot of soup!! The kitchen wasn't a disaster either! It was pretty clean, until I decided I had the munchies and made a big ass bowl of popcorn. Popcorn kernels are everywhere and the air popper is still out.. I messed up my own kitchen.
I better clean it up before the man gets home or he'll tease me about it! Lol

This week I've been working evenings and I have been going into work early to do cardio. Trying to lose some bodyfat for when summer comes (if it comes.. Fuck.) I hate the west coast. It's probably about 12 degrees celsius out right now. Been raining since Saturday and it's supposed to continue all week long.
I bet if I ate a big chocolate bar and got some junk in the trunk the sun would come out.

Yesterday I only got about 15 minutes of cardio in because I caught the 11:30 bus. After work I did some core work but I was fatigued and ended up getting all shaky and whatnot. Eating didn't help. Got a 1 minute plank in, some ball crunches, some lower back extensions on the ball, bicycle crunches. I did pretty good for being tired.
Then I played video games for about an hour and then started doing the droopy-eye thing and went to bed.

At work I run up and down the stairs a lot. I hope that shrinks my bum. I don't understand why I'm skinny everywhere but have a fat ass.
I hate genetics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:48 pm 
Elephant

I love to read your journal, you must be a trip to hang out with due to your wicked sense of humor and style.

I hear you with the butt thing. My butt is where I hold the most weight. I have child bearing hips. The very last place I lose weight is in my seat, ie where my hips and glutes intersect.... I had stretch marks there when I dropped bf for a comp b/c the weight just did not want to leave and got pissed at me for forcing it to go. Luckily the marks went away...

It's been raining since saturday over here as well but we have also been having some very nice weather. This saturday they're calling for 88 degrees, i'm hoping the nyc humidity subsides a lil though b/c it is unnerving.

Rock on sistah! :supz:

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:58 pm 
Mastodon

Lean and Green wrote:
I have child bearing hips.

:laughing5:

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:34 am 
Elephant

Today I learned that if you live with a man... And you are hungry and want to find something good to put in your morning smoothie.. I don't suggest rummaging through his freezer and assuming that the banana in there is any good.
I noticed it smelled a little funny. "Ah it's just the peel." I thought. It's dead and smelled weird because it's frozen and been in there awhile. Naw I think he put the banana in the freezer when the banana was too far gone to be considered edible by any means. Usually a ripe banana in a smoothie is awesome. Not in this case. This banana was probably resting in peace in that freezer.. Who knows how long it was in there!! I'm pretty sure that if that banana hadn't been frozen, it would have been soup.
Anyways, it ended up ruining my smoothie. I forgot to add Vega in it as well, as I usually do in the morning. That also could have been why I didn't enjoy it as much.
But it was probably the dead banana screaming in my mouth.

It is off to work, now. I packed myself a green green salad: Made with spinach and kale, and topped off with cucumber. Some cherries, and some raw almonds and some of those nut and seed pucks. Those things are seriously good. They're like crack to me. I'll be glad when they're gone, actually. The amount I'm eating can't be good, as they are sugary and whatnot. The past two days I didn't eat so well. I indulged on chocolate and fried japanese food. I ate Nibs for lunch one day. Nibs and nut and seed pucks. Tsk tsk tsk.
Hitting the gym hard tonight!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:14 am 
Elephant

Hissy fit deleted

Last edited by Marcina on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:15 am 
Elephant

I like french fries

Last edited by Marcina on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:26 am 
Rabbit

hah! Damn Cheek! Punch her in the face! haha, okay maybe don't. But that is highly annoying. I can completely relate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:30 am 
Elephant

Workout today: Heavy on the legs.
Warmed up on the stair stepper for 10 minutes and did some hamstring curls and some squats without weight to warm up a little more. I suck at squats. I suck even more at lunges. I wasn't doing them properly before and now that I know how to do them right, I realize just how difficult they are. With my weak core it's very hard to balance correctly. There are many times when I spend most of my set trying to just get my body in the right position for a lunge than I do doing the actual exercise.
Didn't do the Smith machine squats cuz some big muscle head douchebag left the huge weights on the bar and I wasn't about to attempt removing them for fear of hurting myself.
Instead, I did some one-legged presses on the leg press. I did two legged too. Different angles to hit the different areas of the legs/glutes.

I've lost some muscle mass and strength from when I was overtraining and eating way way less than I should have. I leaned out a lot in the upper body but still have a fat ugly ass and I really need to stop looking at it in the mirror and picking at myself. O.o
I was having a shower and thinking about how many years I was drinking 2% milk when I lived at my mom's and I think that's what caused the cellulite on my bum. That and the stretch marks I got in high school when I grew hips and decided that I was going to starve myself until my woman body turned back into a little girl body.. Uhh the shame. So much self-harm. It really shows in your body when you abuse it, I'll tell ya that.

Now, the stretch marks aren't visible but they leave these fine lines that are almost like wrinkles and the leftover toxins from years of eating animal products are still there. That's what cellulite is: Toxins trapped in the fat cells. I can do cardio up the ying yang and still have a fat bottom. It's depressing. I guess it's shrunk somewhat though, because my pants are loose. I used to have cellulite bad, and it started when I was about 18 years old. It was the worst at 19, when i was living with a tubby guy in Chilliwack working at McDonalds and not working out. Then I met Silvio and lost 10 pounds, gained it all back as muscle. I'm not ashamed to wear a bikini without shorts anymore, but I of course, still worry. I still think people are looking at my bum and thinking "wow. Her ass is kinda gross." or "why does she have cellulite but the rest of her is skinny?"

PARANOID!

Am I the only one who suffers from such a negative body image? I can't look at myself truthfully.
Wow. This is getting long. It feels like a psychiatrist visit but free and nobody's listening.
Well, some people read this.. But most people would skip reading something so unhappy I'm sure. 2 blogs in the span of 30 minutes. I have a lot of thoughts.

Back to the workout part of my day: Did legs for probably an hour and had a nice big Vega shake when I got home. Now that I'm back into weight training I have an appetite like a monster. I should allow myself to eat this time so I don't lose my muscles and my strength anymore.
Restricting myself of food only hurts me, it doesn't make me any happier or healthier. Need to remember that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:35 am 
Gorilla

Marcina you're not alone. I have a bit of a negative self image issue as well. And I too have a problem with a big ass. The last time I measured, my hips were 10 inches larger than my waist measurement. And that tape goes around my big ass during hip measurements. I have to wear one pants size larger to accommodate my backside while the waist in the pants is too large because I have to fit my butt in there. It sucks. I am hoping that as I lose this excess weight that my butt will shrink and not be so....out there.

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney

Post subject: legs
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:10 am 
Rabbit

I did legs yesterday and spent the whole day obsessing over my ugly legs...To me, it looks like my legs don't belong on my body because my upper body has far surpassed my legs. But, I have to remember that the things I see and what is really there are two very different things. Also, some biaatch stole my straightening iron out of my gym bag, so now I'm the girl with ugly legs and bad hair!!!

Anyway, I'm sorry about your co-worker...it's pretty effed up...why is life so difficult sometimes? Hope your week gets better!

http://www.myspace.com/sophierhymes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:34 pm 
Elephant

Hehe thanks you guys!
Sorry about your hair straightener. I'd kill if someone took mine. It's so awesome. My boyfriend gave it to me as a present <3

So, today I'm wearing a pair of jeans I haven't been able to fit into for a loong time. It's pretty nice. Proof that my butt is shrinking. I can't honestly tell by looking in the mirror. I noticed my favorite pants fall off half the time so I thought I'd try these on and they fit!

Thank you, Stairmaster.

In other news, I tried some gluten-free vegan pancake mix I found at the health store the other day. Yummy stuff! Got the sugar shakes from the syrup though. Next time I'm going to use fresh fruit or something instead. Yiikes.

Last edited by Marcina on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:58 pm 
Stegosaurus

Why did they send you home?

Where do you work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:50 pm 
Elephant

I work at a women's gym. They sent me home because the girl who wrote the schedule told me to work today but didn't tell anybody else I guess, so the people scheduled to work showed up.. And I showed up, so they had an extra person.
That's why they sent me home.

Last edited by Marcina on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:10 pm 
Stegosaurus

What do you do there?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next