Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:57 pm 
Elephant

xveganjoshx wrote:
DV wrote:
Nutrition: Calories 2000, Protein 90

Only 90 grams? I'm dissapointed in you. :evil:

DV wrote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inspiration tune is Come Into My Arms by Judy Torres. I'm on a real 80's roll these days.

This is just too much. :lol:

I know right??? She's weaning herself away from our club Josh :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:59 pm 
Elephant

veggieprincess wrote:
xveganjoshx wrote:
DV wrote:
Nutrition: Calories 2000, Protein 90

Only 90 grams? I'm dissapointed in you. :evil:

DV wrote:
Inspiration tune is Come Into My Arms by Judy Torres. I'm on a real 80's roll these days.

This is just too much. :lol:

I know right??? She's weaning herself away from our club Josh :wink: :lol:

and I know... the R.D. seminar you went to inspired you to reduce, your protein... yadda yadda yadda.... but still..... you're in the club!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:30 pm 
Elephant

Troy, thanks for the kind words. I'm glad it's all in the past! I take as much as I give to this forum, so I would have missed all of you tremendously. I don't post much without having researched topics to my satisfaction and some of the questions that pop up here have sent me in areas I may not have ventured on my own. Additionally, you all keep me honest with my workouts and eating!

Josh and VeggiePrincess, c'mon........... I'm still getting at least 1.2 gms per kg of body weight!!! I'm like a human guinea pig for the next 4-5 months. But I'll be honest. This past week was a total disaster in a dietary sense for a number of reasons - I've taken a vacation from my cutting for this week and plan on only maintaining. I have noticed that eating more carbs, even whole foods carbs (think grains, fruits, beans) makes me want to eat MORE carbs. Don't read the following if you are yucked out by woman stuff. It could be the combination of PMS along with a huge dinner party that kicked off the week, but I've been like a bottomless pit and have been unable to stop myself. Very odd for me. So I may have to return to high protein, lower carbs for my cutting phase - I just can't easily diet and high protein keeps my hunger feelings low. Happy now?

On to the journal entry:

This week was my worst for the year - dietary and workout goals were poor. I won't post them. My average caloric intake was probably in the 2500-2600 range for the week and I missed working my chest and triceps. Also, I only got in one cardio session. I'm okay with it since I'm giving myself until 2010 to compete and realize that I'll have the occasionally week like this. However, I don't anticipate anything like this happening again until at least August or September - when the big family reunion and travels happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:53 pm 
Mastodon

:puke:

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:19 am 
Rabbit

I've had a similar week! OMG! For me it's been a combination of fighting a throat infection and having my period that has sent my eating and work outs off the rails. I haven't worked out though. Not once. I've been too weak. Ugh. Yesterday's dinner out at a Chinese restaurant was not what I needed.

Good luck getting back to where you want to be! We all need week's/days of slippage to remind us why we do this in the first place. I for one don't like how I feel so I'm hoping to hit the gym this weekend.

Regardless, be proud of yourself for how far you've come and don't look back. Just hop back on your program and you will be more than fine. :-) You can do it!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:03 am 
Elephant

Zack, I can't believe you just spewed on my journal! It's just for my cutting phase, just for a little while...........

Karmacharger, I knew that someone out there must also have bad weeks. I thought about just not posting this week but realized that would be unfair. You have to admit to the bad with the good to keep yourself honest. Thanks for sharing!

Nutrition for today will consist of about 1500 calories and 120 mg protein. I'm working hamstrings with my trainer again and won't post the workout. I'll resume regular posting tomorrow - when my husband starts going to the gym with me to "do what you do for a month." He's so cute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:51 am 
Elephant

Sunday - first day training with my husband. Once he caught on to the idea that an assist did not mean pulling weight completely off of me, things got better.

Nutrition: Calories 1700, Protein 80 gms

Chest

Barbell Incline Press
45 x 15
65 x 13
75 x 10
85 x 5 - would have been 6 with assist
85 x 6

Flat Bench DB Press
30 x 13
35 x 9
35 x 8
35 x 8

DB Flat Bench Flys
20 x 13
22 x 12
25 x 9
25 x 8

Incline Fly - Paramount Machine
25 x 12
30 x 9
30 x 9
30 x 10

Pushups
BW x 7
BW x 6

Done! We couldn't do any more after the push ups. I think I kicked my husband's ass but good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently reading Twilight in the Desert by Matthew R. Simmons. It's about the coming Saudi oil shock and the world economy. Many of us think we're up to date on world affairs because we watch the news, read news publications, etc. That is so not true. This is one of those books that give you the story that's not reported by conventional news channels.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:21 am 
Elephant

Monday, we trained back but I've lost my log book. I did not eat clean that day.

Tuesday......

Nutrition: Calories 1400, Protein 120 gms

Shoulders

Shoulder Press I
17 x 15
22 x 14
27 x 12
30 x 9
30 x 7
32 x 6

Shoulder Press II
22 x 8
20 x 8
17 x 10
17 x 10 - better form with lighter weight as this really hits the lateral aspect of the shoulders

Upright Rows
40 x 15
60 x 8
60 x 8
60 x 9

One Arm DB Lateral Raise - hanging from Smith machine
12 x 12
15 x 9
15 x 9
15 x 8

Bent-Over DB Lateral Raise
12 x 10
12 x 10
12 x 10
12 x 10

I work out with my trainer today - quads and glutes. Saturday will be the last day working out with my husband and I'm looking forward to being on my own again. I'm no personal trainer so it feels strange to be critiquing someone else - although he's having a great time, he says, and getting some good ideas. I release a lot of stress during my workouts and it's difficult to do when you have to constantly talk to someone. Even someone you actually like talking to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:40 am 
Site Admin

Howdy Partner,

I'm out of town again but return soon. I'll be home on the 9th and can train again. I've missed our workouts. Are my green pants allowed in your gym or did you shop at Good Will for me?

I'm in the market for some new pants.....not to replace the green ones, but I don't want to wear them out so quickly be using them everyday.

Have fun, see you soon.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:27 am 
Elephant

I freaked out when I lost my log book. I was entirely lost for the first week I was making a new one. My memory for the weights I use is not good.

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:09 pm 
Elephant

Here's my post from yesterday. My internet connection was down AGAIN:

Robert, call me when you're back in town. I would like to be involved in choosing the color of any new pants.

Cubby, I'm actually getting better with remembering my weights so it wasn't too bad. However, keeping a log was essential to my gains earlier this year. I feel okay without writing everything down now, although it makes it a bit difficult if I don't post my workout immediately here. So I still usually write everything down.

So, I did not work out with my trainer yesterday. Someone screwed up and he couldn't keep our appointment. But it really was okay because I gave myself a tremendous workout and am incredibly sore today. Yesterday........

Nutrition: Calories 2200, Protein 130 gms

Legs and Glutes - I wasn't planning on working out alone so I didn't track the weights and reps. Everything was done for 4 sets.

Reverse Hack supersetted with regular Hack Squats

Straight-Legged Dead Lifts

Walking Lunges

Leg Extensions

Butt Blaster

Today........

Nutrition: Calories 1500, Protein 100 gms

Rest day. Had my last sewing class tonight and finished my skirt. It's so nice that I will make it again soon with a different type of material. One of the women in the class told me that I inspired her to start working out again!

Today (Friday) I'm off to the gym for biceps and cardio. Dinner with friends tonight. I think I'll keep my calories in the 2000-2200 range. I have no idea how much protein for the day.

Tomorrow is triceps and cardio. It will be a 1500-1700 calorie day with about 120 gms protein.

Have a good weekend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:59 pm 
Elephant

your numbers put me to shame. please send some of your consistency my way.

Nice to see you sucking down more protein grams though, so we can all deplete the calcium stores from our brittle bones togehter!!!

LOL... I crack myself up! :lol:

(tomorrow I am going to thoroughly read the DRIs you sent me and plug some of Sierra's diets into the database to see how they measure up. Thanks again for your help!!!!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:31 am 
Elephant

Don't sweat the calcium - eating a mere 100 mg more per day will more than make up for whatever extra protein you eat!

My consistency in the gym is great. My consistency with eating/drinking is not so good. We went to Nutshell tonight with some friends and stayed out drinking a couple of brandies. I agreed to host a dessert night tomorrow after they go to a show. I'll work triceps and do cardio tomorrow, but I don't know if the caloric/protein intake I gave today is a reality. I don't usually post my numbers beforehand - this is a good practice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:27 pm 
Elephant

Hi all!

I have been neglecting this journal, I know. However, I have not been neglecting my workouts! I've been working out with a number of different workout partners (and my new trainer 2x per week) and have found that writing everything down is becoming cumbersome. I've graduated to the point where I don't need to track my workouts or my food - it's so second nature that it is very easy to estimate now.

Additionally, the sun is now out in Portland. This only happens from June to September here and we take full advantage of it. We hiked for 4.5 hours today, after the farmer's market. Tomorrow will be a whole day of food prep and as much sun exposure as possible. Sitting inside on a computer is very low on the priority list right now.

I may not post much this summer, but I'll probably be back when the rain returns. Here's the hike we took today:

Dog Mountain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:59 pm 
Site Admin

Hey you!

I'm traveling like crazy, but I'll be home soon and want to train with you!

Glad the sun is back in Oregon....I'll be back there tomorrow. Let's train soon and stay SWOL during the summer! Miss you my friend!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next