Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Finally back at it
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:19 pm 
Elephant

I had sort of a crappy run today. I decided to do the first 2.5 km lap fairly quickly (about 4:55/km) but was annoyed by an ear popping problem and then it started to rain and I didn't have a hat on so my glasses got all wet and fogged up. I did the second 2.5 km lap at a much slower pace. I'm trying to make myself go a bit faster than I've been going, and I know it will take some time to be able to do it over longer distances. But I am also missing long runs. Tomorrow I'm going to do 8km at a more relaxed pace.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:54 pm 
Elephant

Keep your spirit up. A little patience will take you far. Posting daily has really helped me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:53 pm 
Elephant

Thanks John. I used to be very consistent with posting every day, but that's because I was doing stuff every day. :) I'm hoping I'm finally back on track.

I just got back from a good run. I covered about 11 km in one hour, so about 5:30/km for 11 km. I am really pleased with that. I wore my MP3 player for the first time in months, and I'm a bit angsty right now, so I'm not sure if one or the other or both was a factor. I felt stronger than I have in quite a while.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:46 am 
Elephant

I feel like I've been hit by a truck. I woke up at 8 this morning (after 8.5 hours of sleep), ate breakfast, and then promptly fell asleep again for two hours. I need to run this morning. It's a beautiful day out so I know I'll find the motivation somehow, but at the moment I want to escape to sleepdom again. :?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:33 pm 
Elephant

well, I did 9k in about 54 minutes. I wasn't trying to go fast at all. It still felt like a lot of effort because it's quite hot and sunny out there, and my legs felt a bit like lead. At least I looked cute, even though I felt kind of crappy. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:29 pm 
Elephant

ok so I decided to go downtown to check out the canada day festivities to see what all the hype is about. I used to love going to the canada day stuff back when I was a kid, but it was a lot smaller scale so I've always been intimidated by the crowds that are attracted to what we have here in Canada's capital. I took photographic evidence of my foray down there.

Here's me and Todd:

Me at the corner of Rideau and Sussex (I think):

Back view because my shorts are just so awesome:

After a lot of searching. we found a cotton candy machine on Sparks street! Of course I had to have some. That used to be my favorite part of canada day as a kid. Even better, it was my favorite colour: pink.

So yeah, that's quite enough photos of me for one day! :) Oh, we also bought some maple sugar candy, and a lot of local raspberries and strawberries.

How does this relate to training? I walked a LOT. Probably at least 10k.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:13 am 
Elephant

This morning I ran 5k. I did the first 4k at 5 mins/km and then I did a cool down kilometer.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:36 am 
Elephant

Hey, this is my 1,000th post! :D

This morning I did my "maintenance" upper body weight routine. Despite being pretty irregular I don't seem to be losing much strength, although my arms are not excessively strong to begin with so maybe that's not saying much. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:12 pm 
Elephant

I was going to run in the morning but I didn't feel like waking up early so I ran tonight instead. We did 6K, starting at 6 min/km and gradually getting faster so that our last km was about 4:45.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:31 am 
Elephant

I just got in from doing 10.5k. It is really hot out there, and the sun is shining full force. We took it pretty slow, about 6 minutes/km. I felt strong in my legs and heart, but found the sun really draining. But, it's a beautiful day out and it was good to be out there.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:19 pm 
Elephant

After my run I did a half hour stretching session and 100 bicycle crunches. I'm going to try to go for a bike ride after dinner, probably about 10k.

This afternoon I bought a totally hot pair of running shorts. I'm really excited about wearing them. They're black, tight. and have only a two inch inseam. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:24 pm 
Elephant

I just ran 6k. It's so freakin' hot out there. I did the first 5k at 5:30/km and then picked it up to 5:00/km for the last one. I'm going to stretch for half an hour before I go to bed. I have a weird feeling in my right butt.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:52 am 
Elephant

This morning I did my maintenance arm/shoulder weight routine. At one point my little cat mooey climbed up and sat on my lap while I was using the machine. It was cute. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:18 am 
Elephant

Yesterday all I did was stretch for half an hour. This morning I went for a run, but it didn't go so well. Even though it was completely fine for a day leading up to my run, my butt started to hurt about 500 metres in. It got progressively worse. I stopped at about 3.5k, walked a while, ran another half km (because I was cold) and then walked the last half km home. It feels absolutely fine now. I'm going away this weekend and won't be running for a few days so hopefully it will sort itself out in that time off.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:55 pm 
Elephant

I took a few days off because I was traveling, and because of the sore butt issue. I did 6k tonight at an easy pace. I could feel tension and a bit of soreness in my butt, but there was no searing pain at any point like there was the last time I ran. I don't feel anything wrong when I'm NOT running. I'm going to proceed with caution.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next