Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Pete's "Fixing My Back" progress
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:23 pm 
Stegosaurus

I'm hitting outdoor track intervals tonight so I'll be sore too. U should try to be more consistent with your log it let's u see your progress and track your your work etc . Making it much easier to make improvements. It's hard sometimes but if u can't remember what your doing u can't change it.

Post subject: Re: Pete's "Fixing My Back" progress
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:57 pm 
Elephant

Last Friday I tried to do some more running, but my groin was on fire. Ouch! So I ended up just doing walking/jogging intervals instead, with one sprint near the end. Over the weekend I could barely move my knees past my hips it was so sore.

But today, I'm feelin' good, and just completed my sprint intervals. Six in total, with a few 'side-to-side's (is that's what they're called?) and high knee running. All in all, good run. I did the sprints on grass today. Unwise of me starting this on concrete.

Now I'm enjoying my rice milk, orange juice, walnut, blueberry, banana, protein powder, and cucumber smoothie. Only a little cucumber though, didn't want it tasting too funky.

And always remember to stretch before and after every workout, plus it's always wise to do a warm up and cool down as well. Don't be like me and skip them like I did last time.

Post subject: Re: Pete's "getting healthy" progress
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:03 am 
Elephant

Wow, been a while since I updated this.

I blew out my knee in November, and adding more back issues, haven't been too active lately. But I turned 30 over the weekend, so figured no better time to get on the bike again.

I went for a ride to the library, stopped at a park for some scenery, picked up some food, went home to eat - so far did 11.5km. I felt great. So I got back on my bike and rode around the park, back to where I used to live, and back home - another 11.5km. 23km in one day - wtf?!?! My ass was hurting, but I didn't care lol I normally go to the library, groceries, and back home - and I'm completely wiped out from around 7km. So this was a nice morale boost :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:35 pm 
Elephant

13.5km today. Very yucky sticky hot weather today didn't help. Next ride I'm aiming for 15km :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:22 pm 
VBB Moderator

Did you start a new thread or where have you been??

-Dylan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:53 pm 
Elephant

C.O. wrote:
Did you start a new thread or where have you been??

-Dylan

I've been around lol Honestly, for awhile I stopped exercising due to laziness and other factors, but have been hitting the gym 4-6 days a week now :)

I'll do an update post just for you in a bit :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:35 pm 
Elephant

Ok I'll post recent happenings, since someone did ask :P

1. Went back to a workout I did over 10 years ago, because it seemed to work for me back than. I did the traditional chest/tri's, back/bi's, legs, shoulders/forearms, rest. Later decided to switch it up a little. I read how Schwarzenegger would superset with chest and back exercises, so I decided to give that a try. Now I'm doing chest/back, tri's/bi's, shoulders/forearms, legs.

2. I've started jump rope again, unfortunately my right knee has not been kind ever since I injured it out 2 years ago. I make sure to land soft, but after a 14min jump, the knee hurts the next day, and still hurt about a week later. The other day I managed to do 16mins, the next day my knee is fine, but a few days later it starts to hurt. I'm definitely not jumping as much as I'd like because of that.

3. I have been biking a lot more too, easier on the knees I noticed. Went for a ride, got lost a couple times, ending up doing 20km (which is a lot for me, I am a fat ass and all lol)

4. My leg workouts are very light, mostly plyometrics. Burpees, jump squats, jump lunges, swiss ball squats, and wall squat isometric, etc. I'm slowly adding weight to my squats, but my priority is getting my hip and core area more flexible and strong before attempting anything crazy.

5. My heavy bag has unfortunately been in storage. I moved into a condo and can't really hang it anywhere, but can't seem to sell it either (I got a great deal and went through a lot to get it, so I'm a little attached to it).

6. I'm stretching a lot more than usual. I've come to the conclusion my knee and back issues are because of tightness and my body doesn't perform to it's full potential because of that. I'm mostly sticking with traditional yoga poses, pigeon pose is my favorite :)

7. Nutrition wise, I haven't been eating too well in the past, probably one reason I've become such a chubbo. A lot of bread, processed crap, eating heavy late in the day. But ever since I got back into the gym, I've been eating more clean. Usually around 1-2cups of beans and/or lentils with 1-2cups rice, protein shakes, apples, bananas - all daily now.

Began taking 5000iu vitamin D because the recommended nmol/L is 75-250, and mine was 28. B12 recommended is 198-615, mine was 458, but I'm taking 2000 mcg daily just for a little kick.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:53 pm 
Elephant

On Wed I did legs, which was mostly squat, sumo squat, lunges, wall sits, calve rasies, a touch of plyometrics, and afterwards a short bike ride.

The next 2 days, my calves, hamstrings, and groin were on fire. I don't think it's ever been this sore. I couldn't flatten my foot when walking, so basically I walked around on my toes. It was definitely interesting going to the toilet.

On Sat it finally healed up enough that I could walk, but calves still hurt with every step. Even today they're still a little sore, almost a full week later. Had no idea my calves would get this ruined.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:47 pm 
VBB Moderator

Nice, so how is your back holding up?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:16 am 
Manatee

Should use a swiss ball, may be easier to regulate the strain on your back& core

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:26 pm 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Good work with the riding, did you end up doing that 15k'er?

Hope all is well with you and your training is going well, keep at it MF.

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:12 pm 
Elephant

So it's been a week since I last worked out, and my diet has included a lot of Polish chocolate. I hate when family visits from the homeland lol Been walking and driving a lot around the city showing him around, so there hasn't been much energy for a workout. Tomorrow I'm definitely gonna get a workout in though :)
C.O. wrote:
Nice, so how is your back holding up?

In general, pretty well. Ever since I added stretching after every workout, it's been feeling nicer. Although last week after deadlifting, the next day it was bugging me. The time before it was fine, so I'll chalk it up to bad form :)
muchidna wrote:
Should use a swiss ball, may be easier to regulate the strain on your back& core

In what way? Stretching, squatting?
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Good work with the riding, did you end up doing that 15k'er?

Hope all is well with you and your training is going well, keep at it MF.

I have no idea man lol How do people ride such long trips (50km+)? After about 10km my ass hurts so bad :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:38 am 
VBB Moderator

Ooh I would love some Polish chocolate, i'll take any you'd like to rid yourself of! How have you been? Havent seen you post in a while.