Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: i'm gonna be buff!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:35 am 
Site Admin

It's funny......we gather together for Vegan Vacation to train together but rarely make it to the gym! We got off to a great start with the midnight workout when you arrived and the group workout with Octo and company but we gotta get back at it soon!

Granted...we have been hiking, going rafting, etc. so just different types of training. :)

You'll be back on traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack soon :)

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:30 pm 
Gorilla

today was my first day back at home. What a vacation!!!!! It was absolutely and utterly more than i could have ever expected. so i will forgive myself for being so off track. i learned so much about food and the way othe rvegans eat. sooooo interesting. however cardio all but went out the window and protein gave way to fats......oh well. weight is the same give or take a pound and i will be back in the gym tomorrow hard core, most likely with lean and green who is coming to visit me. :P :P :P :P :P i am super excited.

I am thinking of experimenting with a new type of diet, but i will have to talk to veggieprincess first.....by the way....how are you doing on your awray ietday?

I'll probably call you sometime this week.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:40 pm 
Mastodon

thendanisays wrote:

I am thinking of experimenting with a new type of diet, but i will have to talk to veggieprincess first

Do you need her approval for your dietary choices?

335 Squat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:07 am 
Stegosaurus

Zack wrote:
thendanisays wrote:

I am thinking of experimenting with a new type of diet, but i will have to talk to veggieprincess first

Yes it's always good to ask for an opinion to your vegan personal trainer and nutritionist.
She's getting the results she wants.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:44 am 
Gorilla

Zack wrote:
thendanisays wrote:

no zack. obviously, but i appreciate her input....i pay her for it. punk.

so, giacomo (L&G) and i trained legs last night.....and lets just say that I DONT KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING AGREEING TO DO HIS WORKOUT WITH HIM! He annihilated me! And he YELLED AT ME! and all i did was whine the whole time. and i can barely walk.....we did like 30ish sets of legs, and not wimpy ones either....and he kept pushing me down on the last rep of each set....jerk......but at the end of it, i was pretty proud of myself :D :D :D and i GUESS, he's not a jerk....he's aiiight in my book i suppose :love4:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:48 am 
Mastodon

What's with all this love garbage...

GROSS

335 Squat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:37 am 
Gorilla

i'll never let go jack.....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:55 am 
Mastodon

i'll never let go!

335 Squat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:09 pm 
Stegosaurus

Are you saying Jack is going to die?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:59 am 
Site Admin

back to training kids....... :)

Let's see some of those BUFF training pics from V.V. !!!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:10 pm 
Gorilla

JUICEFEASTING IS THE NAME OF THE GAME ON THIS BOARD LATELY! so i figure why the hell not? leanandgreen did such an awesome job and basically everyone doing a juice feast right now is someone i feel is intelligent when it somes to nutrition and everyone seems to have their own little twist on it so i guess i can too. I am going to put my usual diet on the back burner for a bit and try it. i am only doing 7 days (maybe 8???) mostly to see how my body responds to it (and to drop the 3 lbs or so that ofund me since vacation started) and how i feel while i'm doing it. I will still be comsuming lotsa protein with gemma powder ( and a small bit of algae.... :psycho: ) and i will not be paying attention to calories much...in fact i'd rather consume too much than not enough...we'll see....

i'm not really sure what my goals are anymore....they were to drop bf, and i have (although i'm not sure of the exact amount) but i feel like i will be too small if i lose much more fat without gaining some muscle to take it's place. so i may drop bf a bit more then put on some muscleweight and drop again.....???? i'm still deciding. whatever i do, i don't want to do it too quickly, because although it is instantly gratifying, i fell that it is difficult to maintain an erratic body....but thats just me.

hopefully i'll learn something here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:14 pm 
Stegosaurus

AWESOME !
You, Jessifly, Speak low, Andesuma and me dong it together
we should all have a thread for all of us. For support !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh0OlKqBp7U

:lachmal:

I love hearing you laugh in the back ground.

Last edited by Tasha on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:02 pm 
Elephant

Go Dani Go! Don't forget about me too Natashie Washie. I'm doing it with Dani as well for support. Day 2, blender was on spin cycle blending greensl thought of yoiu ;) Also darthvegan and megan as well.

We're going to break it together on the way to the ARC together to work the vbbf and vega booths. How cool is that? Some solid fruits first and foremost and then perhaps some prepped food later on or the next day. It's only for 7 days, no need to get crazy with coming off it plus I want to make a nice raw food meal mmmmmmmmmmmm

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:24 pm 
Stegosaurus

OMG :lachmal: I just watch Two on Two off... you have to post the bull Giacomo PLEEEASE !!! Also I really like that picture of me when we were all snuggled up in Robert's car on our way to Isaac's potluck.. There's tons more I would like to see. But we didn't have time to exchange ours.

Spin cycle awwww.com Well I thought of you, when I made my green blended drink with a bunch of collard, red chard, one apple, lemon, celery, and half a cucumber. And today I'm going to think of you when I'm blending 4 bananas, bunch of romaine, celery and fresh basil... Freaking YUM !
I wished Robert put me in his hot new red suit case with sweet rims. But he left me here instead :(
I could of partake in this juice event with you both ! Well I'll just have to imagine me there with all of you wonderful people

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:29 pm 
Gorilla

i did biceps today and i finished with 20lb dbs! woo hoo! i was pretty proud of myself. never done that before, figured i'd try...only about 4 reps/ arm, but i did a set of 10 with 17.5 right before that. sweet. also my legs are still pretty sore but i managed to get about 25 minuted of cardio on the elliptical with low resistance, just faster pedaling.

this is day 3 of just juices and blends and i felt like i was eating a lot (veggiepriness would cry if she saw all the fruit! :wink: ) but i'm down 3 lbs in 3 days.....so.......? we'll see how the rest of the week goes....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next