Flanders Log

After getting some advice by out WORLD CHAMPION I started a new plan on friday to build some muscles and will post the results here.

I do a 2-day-split training each muscle once a week for 2 sets (starting at 8 reps + 6 reps) with the same weight. When I can do 15 reps with that weight I will add weight and start at 8 + 6 reps again.

Workout A 9-Dec-05

Dips 8x + 6x BW (88kg) + 15kg

Barbell rowing 8x + 6x 70kg

Deadlift 8x + 6x 80kg

Weighted crunches 8x + 6x 25kg

standing calf raises 8x + 6x 150kg

Workout B 11-Dec-05

Squats 8x + 6x 120kg

Dumbell bench press 8x + 6x 42,5

Pull Ups 8x + 6x BW (88kg) + 5kg

Weighted crunches 8x + 6x 25kg

seated calf raises 8x + 6x 60kg

Thats it for now

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see your log here, David!

Awesome numbers you got there!

Especially the workout B! Not bad - for a girly

Would be better to squeeze another rest day in between the two workout days if possible.

Now you have a few days to recover. I want to see higher number next time!

Hau rein,

Daywalker

Awesome numbers you got there!

Especially the workout B! Not bad - for a girly

Thank you! I know the numbers are not very good for deadlifts and squats but since I do them down to my heels maybe it is not sooo bad...

Would be better to squeeze another rest day in between the two workout days if possible.

I will normally train an wednesday or tuesday and on sunday.

Now you have a few days to recover. I want to see higher number next time!

Hau rein,

Daywalker

Be sure I will be better next time!

• 2 weeks later...

Last week Trainings:

Workout A 14-Dec-05

Dips 10x + 7x BW (88kg) + 15kg

Barbell rowing 10x + 8x 70kg

Deadlift 12x + 10x 80kg

Weighted crunches 11x + 8x 25kg

standing calf raises 13x + 9x 150kg

Workout B 18-Dec-05

Squats 9x + 7x 120kg

Dumbell bench press 9x + 7x 42,5

Pull Ups 9x + 8x BW (88kg) + 5kg

Weighted crunches 11x + 10x 25kg

seated calf raises 11x + 10x 60kg

Edited by flanders77

Thank you!

You are right. I just started this routine but I did all the exercises before. The difference is that I used to do 6-10 reps before and now I will proceed as explained above. It is a quite interesting thing working for lifting a weight 15 times instead of adding weights as soon as you can do 10 reps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made a little graph from my excel data sheet. The downs are due to the multiplication of weight and reps. For dips and pull ups I added BW to the additional weights.

My partner and I are both making very good progression!

Daywalkers plan really works!

http://134.147.64.11/spomed/david/bilder/aktuell.jpg

hey flanders - you kept it very quiet that you are a strong mofo! 120kg squats for 12, 42.5kg dumbell benching for 10 - nice work!!!

now is there any chance that you could please please post your totals (squat, bench and deadlift 1 rep max) to the vegan strength table on veganfitness?

http://www.veganfitness.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5666

you need to register an account, but im sure you will place pretty high on the table. the rules for the lifts are just below the main table, but they are just standard raw powerlifting rules so you will hav no problems.

most people have found that the table is really motivating, as when you get stronger, you have people close to you to 'compete' (though its really not competitive) with. ive made crazy gains since putting my numbers down (started a year ago with a total of 335kg now im at 495kg).

jonathan

I will try to make that 1-rep-max as soon as possible. I will have to train the Barbell Bench Press because I usually avoid it to my take care of my shoulder.

its funny that you are worried about barbell benching - the only time that i injured my shoulder benching was with dumbells, 2years ago. i still feel it occasionally now. i just think due to the more controlled conditions of barbell benching you are less likely to damage yourself.

good luck with the maxes

jonathan

The question is if you can control the weight. Balance control is more difficult for the dumbells of course (that is why injuries are more common) but if you have control the dumbells have the advantage of allowing movements in every direction and thereby enable you to lift the weight very "naturally". This is what spares the shoulders (not sure if the term is correct here).

Ok since this is my journal it is okay to answer my own post.

Yesterday I did bench press and pull ups. Since it was unusually late in the evening I was really weak and did 2 reps less than last time.

Now I know I have to train in the early evening to have full power...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The question is if you can control the weight. Balance control is more difficult for the dumbells of course (that is why injuries are more common) but if you have control the dumbells have the advantage of allowing movements in every direction and thereby enable you to lift the weight very "naturally". This is what spares the shoulders (not sure if the term is correct here).

Yes, "This is what spares the shoulders", is correct and I tend to do mainly DB bench pressing, too. However, this is mainly because I don't have a regular training partner.

I've just registered on veganfitness and will test my 1 RM asap and get on the list.

• 6 months later...

I did not post here for a while because some things have changed in the last month:

1. I stopped doing yoga with a teacher and only do it for myself. Surprisingly this gave me a big push.

2. I stopped going to the gym and instead have my own "gym" in our loft which consists of a pair of rings, some elastic tubes, a pair of parallettes and of couse my bodyweight.

3. I love the fact of being a absolute beginner again and learning to control my bw using no aditional weights. Here are some pics of me doing some basic technique training:

http://two.fsphost.com/flanders/turnen/1/07.JPG

http://two.fsphost.com/flanders/turnen/1/04.JPG

http://two.fsphost.com/flanders/turnen/1/01.JPG

http://two.fsphost.com/flanders/turnen/1/02.JPG

http://two.fsphost.com/flanders/turnen/1/03.JPG

http://two.fsphost.com/flanders/turnen/1/06.JPG

My goals are:

1. Iron Cross

2. free handstand pushups

3. 20 pistols

4. maltese

5. front lever

6. the flag (I will get you BIGBOY )

7. one-arm chin-up

...and some other basic gymnastik elements.

How long can you hold an iron cross now...or was that photo just taken at the perfect time??? keeping my arms locked...I can only get my hands about 2ft away from my body(maybe 45% if I'm lucky) then I sink like a rock and hurt my shoulders

Hey Jeremy!

Alex told me that your eyes are not that good... Did you really missed the elastic bands? They take away about 20kg of my 87kg BW.

I can do some very slow reps and hold it in the end-position for some secs. But I am getting better and plan to get rid of the support within one year.

My eyes only look good to other people...they don't look good from behind them...I took them out and let Daywalker give them a try...I must admit he's pretty blind too though...if it weren't for modern technology he's be alot more muscular now from carrying realy thick glasses