Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:22 pm 
Mastodon

Interesting that you were feeling like that though. Lately I have been thinking similar thoughts. Time passes fast, only so much time.

really kind of depressing to think about...

Need to make the time count!

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:35 pm 
Gorilla

Zack wrote:
Interesting that you were feeling like that though. Lately I have been thinking similar thoughts. Time passes fast, only so much time.

really kind of depressing to think about...

Need to make the time count!

Oh don't talk about depression, you're not helping!!! lol

You're right about making time count. I just feel like I've done some things while thinking that I was young (and I still am). But sometimes I would believe that my time was unlimited so I got into lots of projects expecting that the future would come and I would be ready for it. In the meantime I had the hope that that 'future' wasn't going to come soon so I would have much more free space in my life. But now my time for free planning is shrinking and it gets harder and harder to say "next year I'm doing that!".

Still, what you said, make time count!!! It does pay back.

(Oh I'm getting deeper than Las Marianas today with everything lol)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:11 pm 
Gorilla

It was an intellectually productive day. I learnt stuff, read things I like, got informed, wasn't late for any class :roll:
I also decided I'm spendinf about 4 days in Toronto before going home. I'm realy excited about both things. I'm planning a trip back, I want to bike or hike our highest mountain. I hope I can really do something.
The gym was pretty lame though. I was going to run and as excited as I was about it, when I actually got into the track I realized my shin splints were both hurting again. I don't know what I'm going to do, seriously.
Then somehow it was rainy and cold and unpleasant and chilly... All that gets me really fast, I'm a sunny-day-kid. I had only 20 minutes left to workout so I tried to bike but I didn't feel like it. As a result I grabbed a racket and a ball and played tennis against the wall. I think the only productive thing was having my left hit a little bit better.
I don't like it when I go to the gym and find myself lazy and unmotivated. Specially because 99% of the times I'm so happy to be there that I don't find my time to be enough and the whole experience of exercising gets me amazingly happy. So yes, when I go to the gym and don't do well I feel bad.

11:00 Oatmeal

(insert putting on gym gear and then going back home)

14:00 Apple, plum, black-blue-raspberries, grapes

16:00 Brazil nuts

19:00 Orange, grapes

21:30 Apple, grapes, all the berries again, orange, pecans, celery

Am I eating too much? I don't know. I don't feel bloated and at least half an hour before eating I feel really hungry. But when I write down all the stuff I've eaten, it looks like I eat a lot for my size!!!

Last edited by Lena01 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:28 pm 
Mastodon

Lena01 wrote:
it was rainy and cold and unpleasant and chilly... All that gets me really fast, I'm a sunny-day-kid.

Me too.

Rainy days make me pretty unmotivated.

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:29 pm 
Mastodon

Definitely not too much food, I'd be surprised if that was 1200 calories. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seems like you could use some source of Omega 3, and also some more protein.

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:46 am 
Elephant

Zack wrote:
Definitely not too much food, I'd be surprised if that was 1200 calories. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seems like you could use some source of Omega 3, and also some more protein.

I am with Zack. Throw a tablespoon or two of ground flax on your oatmeal and start eating some legumes or pulses or whatever you know them by. I would mostly recommend lentils as they cook quite fast and are one of the highest legumes in protein.

I started feeling like time was closing in on me at 22 (which I currently am). I really went through a quarter-life crisis when I realized that I won't be done with my master's degree until I am 27 or so. I got over it, though. I figure I will probably life longer than most people, so not getting out into the world until 27 isn't much of a loss.

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:23 pm 
Mastodon

cubby2112 wrote:
so not getting out into the world until 27 isn't much of a loss.

Dude, you are in the world. Right now.

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:08 pm 
Elephant

Zack wrote:
cubby2112 wrote:
so not getting out into the world until 27 isn't much of a loss.

Dude, you are in the world. Right now.

Yeah, I guess that is true. It just doesn't quite feel like it yet. I think once I hit grad school it will feel like I am no longer a "child."

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:41 pm 
Gorilla

Yep guys, you're right about protein. I didn't eat much of it yesterday, today I ate more. Perhaps I could eat more omega 3 too. I actually do what cubby says, I put flaxseed and peanut butter in my morning oatmeal. And then when I say pecans and things like that, servings are not small. I wasn't joking when I said that my best friend compares me to her bf (he's a competitive athlete) and says "he ate a lot! well, imagine that he ate almost as much as you do" (no sarcastic tone there from her) :roll:

Thanks for the comments, you've both gone a longer way than me so I really take your advice into account. Actually today I ate lots of protein :D (well, for what I usually do). I still have to put myself in the kitchen and cook my beans though.

-----

Today I talked to two old friends who I hadn't talked to for a while. One of them almost convinced me to study Linguistics given the crazy amount of languages I want to speak. But it's just laziness, I can keepp on my program and go for languages too. I was zuper happy to talk to them, that kind of made my day.

I didn't have much time for the gym but it wasn't as short as yesterday. There was a guy on a stairmaster right by my side and I don't know how I felt his sweat smelling like meat. It was gross and strange. I never felt that before on a person and it was disgustingly revolting. I was just thinking "you meat eater don't sweat by my side!" but it sounded odd even in my head. That doesn't offset the fact that he smell was sick. I learnt how to make widgets in an economics experiment lol. Nothing else, I realized that i have loads of work to do. That's what happens when you take 4 courses in the summer.

8:30 Oatmeal w/flaxseed & peanut butter :)

12:00
pecans, brazil nuts

14:10
blueberries, juice w/hemp powder

16:40
2 cups of berries, big beautiful kiwi, baby carrots, tofu, juice w/hemp

18:50 brazil nuts, pecans. tofu. 2 corn ears w/peanut butter (hum that was good!)

22:00
tofu, banana, orange

I am a person who needs to sleep now.

Last edited by Lena01 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:45 pm 
Mastodon

Much better with the diet today. :D

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:48 pm 
Gorilla

Thanx!! I will try to keep that kind of rate. My stomach was feeling great and the level of intake felt just fine. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:19 pm 
Gorilla

I forgot to log my workout yesterday. I don't remember the weights but it was 4 miles on a bike for warm-up and then strength training for the back, the hams, the shoulders and the triceps.

Today I met the athletics boss in my uni. We were talking for a while and he suggested me to join the soccer team. I don't know... I'm good at endurance but I'm loosing it because injured and then, I've never played soccer other than with the boys at high school every once in a while. I don't know... I'll see how good are the girls and if I see that I can reach their level I'll join.

Other than that I've not used my day as I thought I was going to (and how I need to). I have to study lots of stuff and didn't touch a book. I guess I'll take it as my brain day off this week. I'll work tomorrow... Really, I seriously will.

I got up pretty early this morning for not having the alarm set.

9:00 Oatmeal w/flaxseed, peanut butter and a sliced banana

Workout:

15 min/ 4 miles bike

Bench press:
1x5 @ 35 lbs
1x4 @ 40 lbs
1x4 @ 40 lbs
1x3 @ 45 lbs
1x1 @ 50 lbs

Squats:
6x8 @ 50 lbs

Cable curl:
6x8 @ 30 lbs

Seated calf raises:
1x8 @ 25 lbs
1x8 @ 50 lbs
1x6 @ 55 lbs
1x6 @ 55 lbs
(I don't like this machine too much because my quads hurt when the weight falls on them)

Abs, hanging leg raises
4x10

Bench leg raises
3x20

Inclined sit ups
3x20

15 minutes on the bike, 4 miles

14:10 While preparing lunch I ate more than what was actually on my lunch bowl: raw broccoli and asparagus, blueberries, brazil nuts, pecans

14:50 Lunch: a beautiful salad with fiddleheads, green pepper, baby carrots, strawberries. And an ear of corn w/peanut butter

17:40 Pecans, Brazil nuts, filberts

21:40 Tofu, Banana, orange and pecans

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:34 pm 
Mastodon

lol @ peanut butter salad.

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:05 pm 
Gorilla

Zack wrote:
lol @ peanut butter salad.

the peanut butter wasn't in the salad, just in the corn. it does seem odd putting peanut butter in a salad... 8)

Yesterday I didn't have time to post. Today it was my friend's birthday so we went out dancing last night. I don't remember dancing so crazy here in Canada or being so sweaty and tired at the end of the night. It was awesome!!! I just love dancing, I love dancing, I lo...
The workout yesterday was pretty good too. I felt lots of energy, endorphines all over the place and overall awesomeness. I reached a couple of personal records. So bad that it's just one rep. I can see those weights coming up for normal training in about 4 months.

9:30 Oatmeal w/ peanut butter, flaxseed and banana

Workout:

13:35 min/4 miles bike

Lat pulldown:
1x5 @ 60 lbs
1x4 @ 65 lbs
1x4 @ 70 lbs
1x3 # 75 lbs
1x2 @ 80 lbs (pr)

Hams curl:
4x8 @ 45 lbs (I don't like the orthopedic not knowing what's wrong with my left tibia-femur insercion or whatever is wrong)

Delts press:
1x5 @ 45 lbs
1x4 @ 50 lbs
1x3 @ 55 lbs (pr)
1x2 @ 55 lbs

French triceps press:
1x5 @ 20 lbs
1x5 @ 20 lbs
1x5 @ 25 lbs
1x5 @ 30 lbs

Abs:

Inclined sit ups
1x30

Alternate inclined sit ups
1x20

Low alternate inclined sit ups
1x20

Interval sit ups
1x7 180-135
1x7 135-90
1x7 180-90

Inclined leg raises
2x10

16:00 min/4 miles bike

14:40 Banana, juice w/ hemp, tofu, last ear of corn w/ peanut butter

18:00 Apple, banana, blueberries

19:00 Celery w/ peanut butter, filberts

Today I slept till noon until my friend's parents came to take us out for lunch. They're really nice with me, kind of my Canadian parents. They brought me presents for my bday, including organic dark chocolate which I ate already. Today it was a high calory day and no workout, day off.

12:00 Orange, banana

15:00 Ate spaghettis w/some veggies sauce

16:30 Chocolate, filberts, tofu

21:40 Orange, kiwi

23:20 Plum, filberts

I studied a bit, I finished some work I had to do but even though I still have more to do I'm going to bed because it's late and my brain is feeling a bit like gum. Hum I also checked out some pics from different natural bodybuilding contests and decided to work harder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:14 pm 
Gorilla

Lena01 wrote:
the peanut butter wasn't in the salad, just in the corn. it does seem odd putting peanut butter in a salad... 8)

Are you related to Potter?
I think he dips his peanuts in peanut butter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next