Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:19 am 
Gorilla

Jason wrote:
Lena01 wrote:
the peanut butter wasn't in the salad, just in the corn. it does seem odd putting peanut butter in a salad... 8)

Are you related to Potter?
I think he dips his peanuts in peanut butter.

lol we're not. but it might be a matter of quads, he said once that mine reminds him his

Last edited by Lena01 on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:32 pm 
Gorilla

Hi there. Long time no see. Yesterday I had no time to post and today it could have been the same but I needed to work through this because that is the way that you start stopping... "I'll do it tomorrow"

I was a happy kid with stats yesterday, awesome.

Yesterday I started the vascularization week. It's basically to give some efficiency to the newly gained mass and to cut back more fat. I could keep my hr nice high through the weights lifting part.

8:20 one and a half oatmeal (I woke up really hungry) w/ peanut butter, flaxseed, apple and cinnamon

13:30 juice w/ hemp

Workout:

4 miles bike/ some minutes I don't remember

Lifted weights on circuitx3 at 10-15 reps low weight so I could go fast. I don't remember all the weights

Lat pulldown
Hams curl
Shoulder press
French triceps press
Push ups
Squat
Leg raises

then another 4 miles on some bike so random that I dun when someone has taken it because it's the only one I Like

15:50 kiwi, peach, plum, celery w/peanut butter
19:00 plum and filberts
20:45 tofu, plum, orange

Today I didn't have a lot of time to eat. The workout was hard: I didn't have a lot of energy because I didn't sleep much and didn't eat much. Well the weather wasn't inspiring either... the sun feeds me a significant bit.

6:40 Oatmeal w/peanut butter, flaxseed and cinnamon (obviously)

I ate 400 grams of tofu through the day, perhaps less

14:00 Workout

Played squash. It was fun, I can be a hard counterpart to myself. My reverse hit is getting better.

Then some basic wushu training.

HIIT on a bike 3x3:1 + 3x2:1

Abs, 5 different exercises, don't remember much of the order or reps.

20:20 2 Bananas, almonds

22:00 I cooked some awesome TVP, it had asparagus, green pepper, baby carrots, radish, mushrooms, ground pecan, celery, sugar snap peas. I ate a tomato with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:58 pm 
Gorilla

I won't log what I ate yesterday or today. I'm not in the mood for it. Just a couple regular days. Today I ate a bit more but nothing significant.

Today was cardio day, when I was done I went to play squash. I must admit that I'm getting some strenth :twisted: Reverse hit still getting better and as usual I enjoy the sound of the racket hitting the ball powerfully.
The other good thing today was my brother. That's just happiness in itself. We made plans for a backpack hiking trip in the summer. Got to talk about stuff and as usual I realized that I love him a lot. It's just... why isn't there a better word than 'love' in English?? Or why do people use 'love' to say they like pizza? :dunno: Yo adoro a mi hermanito.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:02 pm 
Elephant

We like to over-emphasize things in English. If you want to say how much you love someone, you have to use lots of adjectives and adverbs in the sentence. It is a little unwieldy at times.

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:07 pm 
Gorilla

Yes, I've noted that. (I think we can hijack my log better)

I just feel so full with it that when we were saying good-bye he told me what you could translate into English as "I love you Leny" and that is so meaningful in Spanish. I don't like over-using adjectives, I feel like it wasn't that true so I need to make it beleivable.

Just like my friend says: Some things are sexier in Spanish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:13 pm 
Elephant

I think hijacking your log is permissible.

It is best not to tack on more than two adjectives because it starts to get excessive and sometimes makes what you are saying laughable. English is a handy language for saying stuff in a creative way since the exception is the rule, but it does lack a certain concreteness and emotional impact due to that at times.

Spanish is quite a lot sexier for some things since it is a mostly pure romantic language and isn't all beaten on by barbarian tongues and other such things like English and other Germanic languages.

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:19 pm 
Gorilla

I bet you know English better than some people, aren't you studying something about that?

You and your German!!! I'm going after it, seriously. Next year it must be respectably good for a beginner. I have a thing for languages. That makes me wonder a lot about wether I'm in the right career. My goal is 9 by the time I turn 50. I think I will never leave the classroom.

How long did it take you to learn German?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:26 pm 
Elephant

I am still learning German. I am more of the type who instinctively picks up on languages, so the classroom method isn't working the greatest for me. I am using Rosetta Stone over the summer to try to brush up on it for my next class in it.

I am actually majoring in English and minoring in German. I am going to get an MA in creative writing, probably with a poetry focus. I will then proceed to teach 100 level English classes for the rest of my life, making no use of my graduate degree.

Nine languages by 50, that is crazy. I want to have two before 24 and maybe a couple more sometime down the road. I am looking at French and possibly Spanish for later.

-offense74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:30 pm 
Stegosaurus

Cubby :heart: Lena01

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:32 pm 
Elephant

Tasha wrote:

:lol:

I guess turnabout is fair play. :lol:

-offense74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:33 pm 
Gorilla

I used Rosetta Stone for French before actually going to the classroom and it worked pretty well. I picked on it very quickly. Actually once an Acadian (french-speaking Canadian) asked me in a French class "Is this the way you do it in France??". That was quite funny! Said also that my first last name is French.

If I can't manage to get into a German class I'm going on self-learning again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:35 pm 
Gorilla

Tasha wrote:
lol! You go check I'm fighting for you on the Daywalker thread!
What does turnabout mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:36 pm 
Elephant

No one has ever taken me for anything but an American.

I think the way Rosetta stone teaches is a great way to break into a language and master using it casually, but it is probably good to take courses if you want to write well in it, which I do.

-offense74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:38 pm 
Elephant

Lena01 wrote:
Tasha wrote:
lol! You go check I'm fighting for you on the Daywalker thread!
What does turnabout mean?

This is the first time I have been posting an ongoing conversation between a few threads. Turnabout means basically turning what someone is doing to you back at that person.

-offense74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:55 pm 
Gorilla

Yes, I will eventually go to the classroom. It's just not to lose the impulse and do something about it.

Now I know a new thing today. Turnabouts by Ms. Tasha.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next