Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:37 am 
Elephant

Someone actually reads my log! :shock:

Thanks for comenting on my training sensless :lol: ;) :P
Hehe, i'm not really a Diablo II nerd, i'm a nerd for other reasons ;)
I just happen to play that at the moment. I play the standard version, mostly referred to as classic, as opposed to the Lord of Destruction expansion. I have no idea what the Zy-El mod is :?: :oops: :?

Yesterday was rest day.
Bulker's cardio: walk around in Edinburgh shopping = fast walk with standing in between, no sitting, i'd say it passes as intervall training ;) 4 hours!
2x15min fast walk.
Bike: 20min.

Todays workout:

Squat: 125kg x5. Not easy, but solid. Might increase tomorrow if i feel good.
Bench: 100kg x5. Hard but no problem. Won't increase tomorrow though.
Barbell row (overhand): 107.5kg x5. Easy, to be increased to 110kg 8)
Barbell press: 55kg x4. Mused a long time about whether i should do 52.5, but i did that often enough for 2 sets, so 55kg had to go. First 3 reps were really easy, but a 5th would have been to much. Tomorrow, though.
Chin-ups: 27.5kg x5. Nice 8)
Deadlift: 155kg x5. Last few trainings the first rep always felt so heavy, so i psyched myself and focused on the first rep, expecting a heavy weight. It was a very fast and easy first rep therefore - but all the others were hard :lol:
CGBP: 80kg x 5.
Incline bench dumbell curls: 22.5kg x 5.
Dips: 42.5kg x 5. Really nice and easy today :)
Calf raises with 42.5kg, 13 reps each side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:57 am 
Rabbit

Good session man! Hardcore weights on everything these days :) Now I have to try and keep up 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:16 pm 
Rabbit

The Zy-El mod was created by some guy that has too much time on his hands and was obviously a huge fan of the game. It expands the game considerably and makes it truly addictive. Level max is increased to 10000, skills are increased, item creation becomes unlimited, thousands of new unique and other items are added and same with the monsters. He even developed/altered some of the maps to make them more challenging and interesting. It is really quite ridiculous but much better than the standard version or the LOD expansion.

As you may have guessed, I spend some time playing the terrible video games. There isn't anything else to do during the long winters in Wisconsin (read: excuse)!

Have you been gaining any weight on the program you are doing?

Regards,

Sensless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:01 pm 
Elephant

Sounds like crazy fun sensless :lol:
I think i'll pass on it though ;)
Or maybe... nah, too dangerous :P

I'm not sure about the weight gain, maybe 2 pounds. It's hard to tell with different scales, and i don't weigh myself that regularly. I'm focusing on strength gain anyway, i think if i gain overall strength in a variety of rep ranges, i'll gain weight, too.

buzz wrote:
Good session man! Hardcore weights on everything these days :) Now I have to try and keep up 8)

Lol, what are you talking about?!
You're stronger in almost all lifts, i'm the one who's got catching up to do :P
And i am ;)

Today:

Bulker's cardio: 2x30min walk (to supermarketand back)

Weights:

Squat: 127.5kg x5. Okay. I have to remember NOT to increase it next time, i'm not sure about the depth today.
Bench: 100kg x5.
Barbell row (overhand): 110kg x5. Easy, to be increased to 112.5kg
Barbell press: 55kg x5. Wasn't really stronger than yesterday,only more determined :P
Chin-ups: 30kg x5. Nice. Not going to be increased.
Deadlift: 157.5kg x5. As with squats and chins, i decided in the last second to increase the weight. Was hard, but okay. Remind me NOT to increase it next workout! :lol:
CGBP: 80kg x 5.
Incline bench dumbell curls: 22.5kg x 6. I think that's a PB :lol:
Dips: 43.75kg x 5. Wasn't sure wether to increase or not, so i increased only 1.25kg :P I think this might be a PB, not sure, have to check my old log.
Calf raises with 42.5kg, 15 reps each side.
Thickbar dumbell static holds: 40kg 3x20 seconds 8)

Good eating today, too 8)

Tomorrow rest :/

Looking forward to next week:D

Last edited by Daywalker on Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:46 pm 
Rabbit

Hi DW I have a question for you. I am having a weight session right now and have just found that my body is unwilling to do what it did last time and I had to reduce the # of reps. for my bench press for the last set by 1.

My question is, in your opinion am I working too hard or is it ok to temporarily decrease the repetions of one exercise in order to increase strength overall?

thanks and I am looking up to you at least metaphorically - I think we are approximately the same height 5'10" - you weigh less than me but you lift so much more . Have to get back to lifting heavy weights :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:05 pm 
Elephant

YigalWeinstein wrote:
Hi DW I have a question for you. I am having a weight session right now and have just found that my body is unwilling to do what it did last time and I had to reduce the # of reps. for my bench press for the last set by 1.

My question is, in your opinion am I working too hard or is it ok to temporarily decrease the repetions of one exercise in order to increase strength overall?

I'll check your log and reply there :)

Quote:
thanks and I am looking up to you at least metaphorically - I think we are approximately the same height 5'10" - you weigh less than me but you lift so much more . Have to get back to lifting heavy weights :D .

Awesome, thank you!
I'm 6' 1''actually ;) :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:30 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks for looking at my log, I hadn't finished today's workout when you looked at it though :) . Your advice about decreasing the volume on the more superficial exercises, the assisted lifting curls etc., I think this may be a good thing. I didn't realize how much effort is involved in keeping a full body workout, i.e. the volume is already high compared to a workout that exercises single muscle groups per session.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:07 pm 
Manatee

daywalker,
do you do a full body workout at every gym workout?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:47 pm 
Elephant

Harley wrote:
daywalker,
do you do a full body workout at every gym workout?

No.

:roll:

Okay, yes :P

Today was rest day, so bulker's cardio: 20min walk, 30min bike.

Looking forward to lifting again :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:18 pm 
Manatee

may I ask why do you do a full body workout every time you are in the gym versus doing only 1 or 2 bodyparts a day?

I am just curious.
When I used to train my whole body I never made any gains. Once i switched to 1 bodypart a session I saw immediate results

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:44 pm 
I don't understand it either...I worked out with him and it didn't make sense but it works for him...he's pretty lazy on the bike though...I've seen him...all he does is check out dudes at the gym when he's on the bike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:48 am 
Elephant

veganpotter wrote:
...all he does is check out dudes at the gym when he's on the bike

:lachmal:

http://www.david-schulz.com
Life Science
Got Milk?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:51 am 
Elephant

veganpotter wrote:
he's pretty lazy on the bike though...I've seen him...all he does is check out dudes at the gym when he's on the bike

Haha, that's true, but you only tell everyone here is that you're jealous :P
I saw you on the bike, too, and i think the only reason you didn't check out anyone was because you were too busy keeping your eyes open and not fall asleep at all. Next time, maybe try to pedal a bit faster, it helps ;)

Harley, i do a whole body workout for the same reason you don't: i see results ;)

Today's lifting:

Squat: During the warm-up, i felt a sharp pain in my left knee (the operated one). It was on the second set with 60kg, all of a sudden. I tried various stances. I thought i'd have to cancel squatting for today, it really pissed me off :evil: In the end, i just did very slow reps and focused on keeping my knee very stable. Made the whole thing a lot harder :D I just have to keep in mind not to get carried away with heavy weights and keep my form. So: 127.5kg x5. 8)
Bench: 100kg x5. Still quite heavy :?
Barbell row (overhand): 112.5kg x5.
Barbell press: 55kg x5.
Chin-ups: 32.5kg x5. I didn't quite manage to lock out the last rep :?
Deadlift: 157.5kg x5.
CGBP: 80kg x 6. Only reason i didn't increase was to save energy for dips, which i knew were going to be hard.
Incline bench dumbell curls: 22.5kg x 5.
Dips: 45kg x 4. Dammit :lol: Tomorrow!
Calf raises with 42.5kg, 12 reps each side.

Then a Jono smoothie. Either they get more tasty, or i'm getting used to them... which is a scary thought :shock:

Now i'm going to have a bike ride, ~45min i guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:25 am 
Elephant

Haha crap you're repping my crazy huge max i did on my deadlift. :lol:

Ahhhh i got lots of work to do. Crazy lifts man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:07 pm 
If I could fall asleep on a bike I'd never stop riding a bike...I can never fall asleep. As for the speed I'm pedaling...its really that I pedal so fast...kinda like the logo on some cars rims...you can see them standing still even though they definately aren't

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next