Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:19 pm 
Elephant

Can't wait for tomorrow :D

Did some bike rides and ab/shoulder cuff work the past days. Tomorrow it's WEIGHTS again! 8)

I changed my plan concerning the power cleans. I think as it's an explosive and technical exercise, it wouldn't benefit from 15 and 10 reps. Instead, i'll start with 5x5 in the first week and decrease reps and sets to 3x3 in the last week. No real weight goal for the power cleans, either, my 1RM pb is 90kg.

Ok, ready to go, countdown initiated 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

Ay, where is the photo to be turned into The Hulk? Let's do this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:43 pm 
Elephant

Thanks Richard, i'm not big enough yet - though i'll never be ;) :P

Wait until the new year after this cycle ;)

Ok, today was a crazy day workout-wise.
I had to wait until 7pm with the workout because we had workers in the house fixing the heating. I had intended to train around 11am, so this was a bit of a turn-off, but okay :)
I ended up spending the day reading articles on T-nation and hypertrophy-specific.com. This brought insight to me: i have been doing the HST cycles in the past "wrong". Not entirely wrong, just less effective for musclegrowth and more effective for strength gains. I guess that isn't so bad, so i will stick to a similar approach this time. But it made me rethink my working weights for the cycle and i ended up increasing the starting weights for today on some lifts a wee bit.

The workout:

Power cleans: 50kg 5x5. Easy, fast sets, short breaks, focused on speed and form.
Squats: 65kg 2x15. Nasty :D
Bench: 55 kg 2x15. Nothing 8)
Pullups: 2x8. Focused on form and making the reps hard.
Log press: 30kg x15, 12. Second set was getting hard in the end, so i stopped at 12.
Rows, underhand grip: 60kg 2x15. Light weight, but this was when the wall hit me. My CV fitness is shit after deconditioning, even with the bike rides i did this time.So the whole body workout with 2x15's really get me, especially as i did very short breaks. I had to take long breaks from now on, to be able to finish the workout :?
Deadlift: 80kg, 2x15. Weight is nothing, but cv was hard.
CGBP: 40kgx15.
Curls: 20kgx15.
Dips: 15.

No calves today, in a moment of insight at the end of the workout i decided to train my calves together with abson the off days from now on :P I just was too knackered to do that today :roll:

So, weights were kindergarden (except squat, as always that's the hardest exercise after SD), but CV was tough. I know from experience this is going to get better every workout.

According to my slightly different approach this time (i want more mass gains ;) ), i won't increase the weights drastically tomorrow and make a bigger jump on tuesday after the day off.
Now it's eating time 8) (brown rice, red lentils and veggies for those who want to know :P ).

See ya tamarra! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:37 am 
Elephant

Good day today :D

The weather was really nice all day, so we took a nice little walk and afterwards we trained. Since the weather was so nice, we trained mostly outside :D

While the disco boys were pumping away in front of the house in order not to miss possible spectators, it was up to me holding up the flag of hardcore training in the backyard 8)

Power cleans:* 52.5kg 5x5.
Squats: 70kg 2x15.
Bench: 60 kg 2x15.
Pullups: 10, 8.
Log press:* 30kg 2x15. Easy today :D
Rows, underhand grip:* 65kg 2x15.
Deadlift:* 90kg, 2x15.
CGBP: 45kgx15.
Curls: 22.5kgx15.
Dips: 2.5kgx15. I felt a bit funny having such a small plate on the belt, but it's all part of the plan :roll:
Thickbar dumbell holds: 30kg 3x20sec each hand.

*= outside :D
It's awesome to train outside, i love it!

This workout was much better than yesterday, i did suffer so much cardio wise. This is always the case as i get used to the cardio quite quickly. I guess pacing myself a bit more and training outside in the fresh air also helped :)
Plus, most weights felt lighter though they were heavier.

So, tomorrow calves, abs, rotator cuffand maybe cardio. Tuesday up the weights. :)
Now eat :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:37 pm 
Stegosaurus

The weather was great today in Pennsylvania too (Even though it's only 2:36 pm here at the time of this writing). I did all my working out outside today too.

"Look at what a green thumb this guy has, he just throws plants in water and they root!"
- A good friend talking about my basil cuttings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:59 pm 
Gorilla

My favorite part is how your "rest" days consist of calves, abs, rotator cuff and cardio :lol: . If that's your resting, then the workouts must be REALLY hardcore ;) .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:30 am 
Elephant

Holy shit! :shock:
What a workout! I have to rename my log...

Crystal wrote:
My favorite part is how your "rest" days consist of calves, abs, rotator cuff and cardio :lol: . If that's your resting, then the workouts must be REALLY hardcore ;) .

:oops:
I have to admit, i didn't stick to that plan and had a real and complete REST day yesterday ... :roll:

I was sore as hell yesterday, mostly in my adductors, but also hamstrings, glutes, traps. Today my adductors were just as sore, but the rest was okay again. Still, i didn't know how to workout with the sore muscles.

I stayed up very late yesterday and consecutively got up late today :oops: I had 2 apples, 2 clementines and a banana and then worked out. As it was a beautiful day again, i decided to train in the backyard :) It was still cold, but i did a proper warm up and wore 2 sweatshirts.

Power cleans:* 55kg 5x5.
Squats: 80kg 2x15.
Bench: 65 kg 2x15.
Pullups: 2x10.
Log press:* 32.5kg 2x15.
Rows, underhand grip:* 70kg 2x15.
Deadlift:* 100kg, 2x15.
CGBP: 50kgx15.
Curls: 25kgx15.
Dips: 5kgx15.
Calves: 20kgx15 each side.
Lots of stretching, and abs.

*= outside.

Our neighbour saw me and we chatted a bit, i just had to explain why i use these kindergarden weights :roll: I know, it's my ego... :oops:
I didn't feel well today, i guess because i got up late and started training directly, without giving my circulation a bit to wake up. The weights were easy, second sets just starting to get a bit heavy.
The squats were pure agony though. 5kg more tomorrow, then 10kg on top of that on friday. I hope the soreness gets better till then :?
The soreness also affected the cleans, deads and rows, and the plate loading :lol:

I found 3 Vega packs yesterday :D so i had one after workout :D I thought i was out but these 3 just hid in the kitchen ;)
Now food 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:43 am 
Elephant

Daywalker wrote:
I found 3 Vega packs yesterday :D so i had one after workout :D I thought i was out but these 3 just hid in the kitchen ;)
Now food 8)

Did you have to wrestle them away from the others? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:42 am 
Rabbit

Daywalker wrote:
While the disco boys were pumping away in front of the house in order not to miss possible spectators, it was up to me holding up the flag of hardcore training in the backyard 8)

Hey! You know, there is a lot more chance of spectators in the back garden, though I think it was wise to split it, and train at both front and back so no opportunity was missed 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:46 am 
Elephant

Plus the slope in the back yard makes heavy push pressing somewhat suicidal! :lol:

Jonathan

Repeat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:43 pm 
Elephant

SeaSiren wrote:
Daywalker wrote:
Now food 8)

Did you have to wrestle them away from the others? :lol:

:P
No.
Actually, i think i'd have to wrestle Jonathan to get him to drink Vega :?
He doesn't like it - i'm okay with that ;) :D

Jonathan wrote:
Plus the slope in the back yard makes heavy push pressing somewhat suicidal!

That's why it's more hardcore to lift there 8)
You're just a disco wuss afraid of death while lifting :P

Jono and i took a short bike ride today, and it was really warm! :shock:
I was about to lift when we came back, but the weather changed quickly, and i ended uptaking a nap instead :lol:

So, today no outside lifting.

Funny, my sore muscles are better today :)
I was so sore from the light squats on saturday/sunday, but the squatting yesterday with more weight helped :D

My shoulders were hurting since i woke up and i was a little worried. During warmup, they really ached and i thought i wouldn't be able to do log pressing and CGBP. But after warmup they were fine. At first i thought it must be the CGBP, because that was the only exercise my shoulders were hurting a bit when i did it yesterday, but i guess it's the barbell curls, maybe the log. So, barbell curls are out!

Power cleans: 57.5kg 5x5.
Squats: 85kg 2x15.
Bench: 70 kg 2x15.
Pullups: 2x11.
Log press: 32.5kg 2x15.
Rows, underhand grip: 75kg 2x15. More a leg andlower back workout :P
Deadlift: 110kg, 2x15.
CGBP: Tried a bit, but shoulders were hurting, no point in continuing. 40kgx8, 55kgx8.
Dumbell curls: 10kgx15.
Dips: 7.5kgx15.
Thickbar dumbell holds: 35kg x20, 25, 20 sec each hand. Easy 8)

Nice workout :)
Getting heavier, friday will be a killer! :twisted:

Last edited by Daywalker on Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:26 am 
Gorilla

Daywalker wrote:
I was about to lift when we came back, but the weather changed quickly, and i ended uptaking a nap instead :lol:

Sounds like a good bulking strategy to me :mrgreen: .

Good to hear your not as sore, but how are the shoulders??? Seems to have affected your CGBP :( .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:49 pm 
Elephant

Crystal wrote:
Sounds like a good bulking strategy to me :mrgreen: .

Yes, that's what i keep telling myself, too ;)
:roll:

Quote:
Good to hear your not as sore, but how are the shoulders??? Seems to have affected your CGBP :( .

Shoulders are ok, now that i cut out barbell curls and cgbp. ;) :)

I was scared of todays workout all week long, but as bigbwii says, there's nuttin' to it but to do it! :twisted:
I took care of eating a lot and consistently yesterday as well.
No excuses.

Power cleans: 60kg 5x5. Easy part, warm up.
Squats: 95kg 2x15. That was what i dreaded, but it was friggin' easy! :twisted: Okay, it was quite hard, BUT no where near max and just cardio wise hard. More to come definitely :)
Bench: 75 kg 2x15. Second set a bit hard :roll: Okay, quite hard :P
Pullups: 12, 10. First set easy, second set real hard. I suck at these.
Log press: 36kg 2x15. No typo, 36kg. Second set was close to failure, so started push pressing for the last 3 reps. Real hard.
Rows, underhand grip: 80kg 2x15. Makes my legs burn :lol: second set was maximum, but i'm confident with the weight, no probs at all.
Deadlift: 120kg, 2x15. 8) I was scared of these, but they were EASY! :ichliebeeuch: The second set was actually easier than the first (after a nice 8min break :roll: ). Now i'm confident i can make my target of 135kg for 15 next week 8)
Dumbell curls: 12.5kgx15. Harder than they should be :lol:
Dips: 10kgx15. Piece of pish :D
Calves: 25kg x 15, 8 each side.
Minimum stretching :roll:

Summary: Why was i so scared? :lol: Good workout, makes me confident for the next week and the whole cycle in total.
Now i'm having a bowl of peas and rice, with a bit of Tofu and some self made soy sausages (self made by Kathryn, not me).

Tomorrow no workout, i'll shift that to sunday because i can't workout on monday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:26 pm 
Elephant

Nice workout Mr D, but honestly, I do not think that I have ever seen anyone use so many goddamn smilies in one post! What are you? Crazy? :lol:

Jonathan

Repeat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:45 pm 
Manatee

Daywalker,
Awesome workout.
I am thinking of trying your full bosy workout for a couple of weeks.
I will be pressed for time and will not be able to make it to the gym everyday so I think your strategy would be perfect for me.

What would mimic the Log press in the gym?
Is this like a military press?

Keep on lifting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next