Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:14 pm 
Gorilla

You know, I never really thought a person could juice greens of any sort. Does it take a lot of them to get the amount of juice you need?

Keep it up! You are doing an awesome job! :)

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:58 pm 
Gorilla

why are you going to juice more instead of blend? is it because you can consume more calories and be less full, so you can slow down your weight loss?? i never got big into juicing (could be because i don't have a juicer :roll: ) but juice makes my energy levels go all outta whack.

do you mind me asking how much you spend on food? thats a LOT of food. and kind of fancy stuff too! feel free to not answer if you don't want to though.

also, why the enemas? i'm just curious as i know little to nothing about it.

oh, and i carry all my protein smoothies with me in old peanut butter jars, usually a clif bar, or veggie burger, or tofu......basically protein only, i can get most other parts of my diet from the restaurant i work at.

awesome job so far. i enjoy reading this, it's really REALLY impressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:48 am 
Elephant

Vegangirl, really? Yeh you can def juice those greens and b/c you have no fiber in the juice it certainly takes alot more veggies.

Dani, I am blending alot still but I want to juice more to switch things up and no not to get more calories in but to switch up my intake and get some quick nutrition in without the fiber. Juice goes right through you and has a much higher cleansing effect as well as the nutrients being absorber quicker b/c you have removed the fiber from the veggies/fruit. Energy levels out of whack, do you highger highs and lows instead of stability? I never really got that feeling from juice, I mean I do get a surge and rush after a juice but I def don't crash. I feel better after a juice as opposed to a blend and lighter. I just feel that you lose a bit when you take away the fiber and it's a pain to set up and clean the juicer so I do a combo of both of them. A strict juice feast, is nothing but juice, no blends, so as to have the highest cleaning effect possible, I didn't want that and would wager i'd be losing weight at a more rapid pace had I done it that way, it speeds up weight loss imo not slow it down.

Food, well I don't tally the costs. I would rather spend more money on food/produce than anything else. It's your body, what could be worth more than your body? I'll give you some prices:

31lb box durian $33
box of 9 young thai coconuts $12
40lb box organic bananas $25 (about 69 cent per lb)
Organic Fruits (usually about $25-35 per shopping trip)
Organic Vegetables (usually about $18-$28 per shopping trip)
2 1/2 trays wheatgrass $25
The algae powders i get dirt cheap b/c i buy in bulk about 70% off retail.

As far as the enema flushes, imho, I truly feel that there is much benefit to enemas and colonics as well as implants. I haven't done implants yet but basically when you insert food in that fashion, it goes straight into your colon and nothing is lost and it has a better chance of absorbing and a more potent effect as it is basically 'placed' into your intestinal tract, like a couple of oz of wg. I think the enemas help to keep things moving where sometimes with all the repairing going on and old crap/toxins being flushed out of your cells, they need somewhere to go and normal elimination sometimes cannot cut the mustard in emptying you out properly, so stuff can wind up reabsorbing. If I could afford it, i'd be getting colonic sessions ever 1 1/2-2 1/2 weeks right now but I cannot, they're expensive. My colonist told me she nows i'm against unnatural methods but she wanted me to take a magnesium laxative, like something called 'Natural Calm' as I wasn't coming to her as often as recommended and I needed to help get everything out quicker than the normal way of eliminating. She said the enemas would help as well. I am certainly not doing a laxative. After an enema flush, I feel great, I can't explain it but I feel lighter and cleaner immediately. Again I know many people here feel these methods are totally useless, unnatural and unnecessary but for me, they work and I believe in them. That's pretty much all I can say..

Thank you both for your continued kind words. It is much appreciated and although I am focused, it still feels good to receive the kind support from others to keep me going on this extended feast...

Thursday, June 12th DAY TWELVE

Morning Weight: 194lbs (-1lb) My weight is stabilizing for more than
2 days which is good; exactly what I want right now.
Bodyfat: 11% (-1%)

Pre-Made some blends last night for today

Today's Intake
-8oz rejuvelac
-64oz organic fruit juice blend (2 young thai coconuts, 1 organic lime, 2
cups frozen wild blueberries, 1 1/2 cups organic frozen rsapberries, 1 1/2
cups organic frozen strawberries)
-64oz organic vegetable juice blend (1 conventional avocado, 2 organic
green apples, 1 organic lemon, organic sorrel, organic watercress,
organic purple kale, organic dandelion greens, organic cilantro, organic
red swiss chard)
-48oz Durian Juice Blend (2 1/2 cups frozen durian)
-174grams spirulina/chlorella blend in 75oz water.
-52oz organic juice blend (6 organic bananas)

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Last edited by Lean and Green on Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:48 am 
Manatee

Lean and Green wrote:
implants ......insert food .....

:shock: :shock:
:-k
](*,)
Are you serious?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:54 pm 
Elephant

yeah dude (ah i can actually use the phrase dude and literally refer to you!). It's really not as insane as you think and it's not like i'm trying to 'feed' myself that way. I'm talking an ounce of liquid 2-3 ounces at best and of something that you just want to go on a clean palette. It's not a very foreign concept, just not something that everyone does. Chances are though, if you've done enemas or colonic, you've probably either done them or heard of them. At many healing centers, take the Ann Wigmore Institute in Puerto Rice for example.

Sample Day at the Wigmore Institute

As you can see at 4pm, the visitor learns how to perform enemas and she doesn't write it, but they do ask you to do a daily implant of 1oz wheatgrass every day before you go to bed while you're there...

Def not shoving copious amounts of food into myself that way, lol. Theraputic value more than anything.

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:34 pm 
Gorilla

Wow L&G this is very impressive. I look forward to reading your progress. I have thought about doing a fast but am quite happy with the muscle and weight gains i have gotten since i started my program, but you seem to be keeping the muscles on. your new avatar looks awesome.

before and after accountability photos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:20 pm 
Elephant

Congrats on the juice feast, sounds amazing :!: :!:
I probably need something like this, so I can lose my last few pounds, but still keep my energy going for the gym. Only problem is I like solid food too much lol, and I've never juiced greens before :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:52 pm 
Elephant

thanks phillipeb and hsorlando!

Phillip, so far so good, I just continue to get stronger and build and grow but I am also taking in alot of calories, usually forcefully. My appetite has shrunken enormously and I would be satisfied with half the amount I am consuming right now with even lower cal days in betwee but I know that would promote too much lose too fast and lbm loss in excess so i swig back ,more than I desire. It will come in handy as I progress and may start to consume less if need be.

Hsorlando, you can do it, it just takes dedication and you have to be on top of yourself and have to want it. It's intersting how several have noted they never juiced greens before. That was the first thing I ever juiced 8 years ago and what I juiced the most. I would love to hear of more people juicing greens here and there or blending them. You can get so much more in that way...

FOR THE RECORD (caps b/c it was exciting), just to give an example of how my workouts have only been enhanced since this feast started. 2 1/2 weeks ago, my 1rm for deadlifting was 405lbs and I weight in at around 204lbs. Today, I was able to deadlift 425lbs (+20lbs!) without a problem and I am weighing in at around 194lbs (10lbs lighter). I can def lift more but i saved my strength and energy for good mornings....

There is no way I will be able to sustain my strength and muscle when i'm weighing in at around 180lbs in a couple of weeks...... is there? I'm expecting not to as you have to lose some lbm when you drop major bf but as of now i'm thriving and I don't mind being weaker to look more ripped, it's summertime baby and i'd like potentially compete this late fall, why not, I deserve it.

Once that's all said and dont 500lb deadlifts watch out b.c here I come!

Also my racquetball game has turned deadly. I am a helluva lot faster and the splats i'm firing are 2-3 times harder and severe. The person I played today, asked me what I have been taking, what magic pill, as he couldn't even touch the ball whereas in the past he'd score some off me.

Joelk wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:55 am 
Gorilla

Hey Giacomo, this is a very interesting blog. I once started liquid fast in Cuba but I wasn't half as informed about nutrition as I am now. I was also omni and not a lot into bb.

Now that I read your blog I'm planning to do what you're doing for two weeks back home before going on a hiking backpack trip where I won't be able to keep it going. By the time when I start my feast I will have lots of tropical fruits available and my mum is already getting some frozen for me. Ah- I will also start to train with my brother in a stronger fashion as I told him yesterday that I want to compete next year.

Do you feel like most of the weight you've lost is bf? Is it getting too hard to keep some muscle on? (I've read your posts but now you've been longer on the feast so perhaps you can give me some new impressions)
You- whatever, Congratulations!! It seems to me that you're very happy with what you're doing. (And I also like Sunny, cute parrot)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:31 am 
Elephant

Friday, June 13th DAY THIRTEEN

Morning Weight: 194lb, Now that's what i'm talkin about, maintenance,
I don't want to lose too quick right now!
Bodyfat: 11% (stabilizing at a percent lower than when i started, good
stuff)

Performed 2 bag morning enema flush.

Today's Intake

-40oz organic fruit juice blend (6 organic bananas)
-42oz fruit juice juice blend (2 1/2 cups frozen durian)
-232oz spirulna/chlorella blend in 75oz water WOOHOO! :D
-40oz organic fruit juice blend (2 organic bananas, 2 cups frozen organic
raspberries)
-50oz organic vegetable juice blend (organic watercress, organic
dandelions, organic tri color chard, organic cilantro, 2 organic green
apples, 1 organic lemon, 1 conventional avocado, organic sunchoke)

Joelk wrote:

Last edited by Lean and Green on Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:32 am 
Elephant

Lena, Sunny loves ya and says thank you! :wink:

ImageImage

I am excited to hear that you want to also do a fast, remember, this is a 'feast' i'm doing, it isn't restricted, well, in a sense it isn't. Fasts are much more vigorous, i'm taking in alot, it's just all liquid and only fruits and veggies. I started with coconut oil but now that i have coconuts, it doesn't make sense to me to add oil and i have have no reason to add nuts or grains and don't think i will....

I am also delighted that you are looking to compete next year. I am also feeling a competition, this board has helped alot in motivating me and sharing my progress as well as watching others. I would like to do one in mid-late fall of this year and i'm pretty sure i'm going to give it a go. I just want to hire a good trainer to help me pose right and create a routine; I need to learn how to pose better.

As far as strength/muscle maintenance/muscle loss, so far so good i think Lena. Honestly I truly feel that there is now way it can be all bf loss and no lbm loss especially once i start to lose more, it just doesn't make sense. However, I continue to get stronger with everything I do and make progress so it certainly seems that way. I am ecstatic with this way of dieting right now; i feel super clean, have enormous amount of energy and as far as impressions go, read the above post a couple of posts above about the deadlift. Sooner or later the strength will stabilize and decrease but i'm enjoying the fact that hasn't happened yet....

Bought Today

-26lb box of 4 frozen durians
-2 boxes of young thai coconuts (18)

I will have to be without durian for a day of two as these will take some days to thaw out and I have barely any prepared left :(

Joelk wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:51 am 
Gorilla

Lean and Green wrote:
Lena, Sunny loves ya and says thank you! :wink:

ImageImage

Awww those are such cute pictures!!! Sunny is really gorgeous, look at those colors!!! :color:

Thanks for the advice :D I won't probably be posting while in Cuba but when I come back I will make sure to let you know how did it all go. I know I will have spirulina which I love and even though I will be experimenting with myself I have the feeling that I will be cleaner and stronger. (Ok- now I'm thinking of a guava/mamey smoothie. Just 4 more weeks...)

Last edited by Lena01 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:48 pm 
Gorilla

What an absolutely gorgeous bird! :)

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:30 am 
Elephant

Good job for your deadlift at 425lb!
hey guess what, you won't be alone for the next 2 weeks, I'll start a juice feast monday, for 14 days. I was thinking about this for later this summer, but your blog made me thirsty so I'll start sooner!
I've read Lena might do it too, that's great.
I already have lots of stuff in the freezer: kale, spinach, parsley, mint. Frozen bananas, cranberries, strawberries, I got a pineapple, and I'll buy some more citrus, berries, apples, grapefruits... This will be great and delicious!
So I'll write about all the juices everyday in my food journal, and I'll come see how you're doing here once in a while.
Have a good week-end!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:55 am 
Manatee

Lean and Green wrote:
yeah dude (ah i can actually use the phrase dude and literally refer to you!). It's really not as insane as you think and it's not like i'm trying to 'feed' myself that way. I'm talking an ounce of liquid 2-3 ounces at best and of something that you just want to go on a clean palette. It's not a very foreign concept, just not something that everyone does. Chances are though, if you've done enemas or colonic, you've probably either done them or heard of them. At many healing centers, take the Ann Wigmore Institute in Puerto Rice for example.

Sample Day at the Wigmore Institute

As you can see at 4pm, the visitor learns how to perform enemas and she doesn't write it, but they do ask you to do a daily implant of 1oz wheatgrass every day before you go to bed while you're there...

Def not shoving copious amounts of food into myself that way, lol. Theraputic value more than anything.

Hey Lean and Green,
I think you are a nice guy and obviously not stupid. Though after reading a little about that institute I feel it's even more insane as I tought.
To be honest I feel they are worse than the guy who ripped you of with those clothes, not to mention dangerous.
I think you feeling better after having a colonic etc. is a placebo effect.
I almost fell of my chair when I looked at the prices.
Have a look at this: http://www.ncahf.org/pp/colonic.html , http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/colo ... -they-safe , http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/conte ... herapy.asp .
I don't want to offend you, actually I care otherwise I would not post this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next