Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Courtney's Food Journal and Fitness Log
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:19 pm 
Elephant

Do you tell yourself that you can only have just one/once? I know my personality type hates that kind of thinking, I get really emotional and angsty over it, and when translated to food I know it has caused me to be a bit more bingey than I normally am (i.e. with things that I can only buy in certain places, and can only have occasionally, I'll tend to go overboard and buy/eat a lot at once sometimes). All or nothing thinking can lead to bad places too. I don't really know how to overcome it though. The only thing I've found that helps ME is not considering anything final (i.e. can't have a cookie... except this once.) I don't know if that made any sense.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:43 pm 
Gorilla

Yep, I'll tell myself that I can only have one or two. I actually take that amount out of the jar and go out of the kitchen to eat it. But once it's gone I usually end up heading back for seconds. :roll: I am so bad at dieting! I guess like most things in this world, it takes practice. I didn't get fat overnight and I won't be able to change everything overnight either.

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:45 pm 
Elephant

But when you tell yourself you can only have one or two, do you also tell yourself that you can only do it just the once?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:46 pm 
Gorilla

Nope, that I don't do.

Maybe I should. :oops:

-Linda McCartney

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:55 pm 
Elephant

:? Maybe. I know when I tell myself it's the only time I'm allowed to have something it makes it harder on me

I don't know what to suggest!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:36 am 
Gorilla

Friday June 27, 2008

Breakfast: Gatorade, chips
Lunch: Amy's brown rice with broccoli, mushrooms, tofu, and carrots bowl, red delicious apple
Dinner: Boca burger with vegenaise, Tofutti soy cheese, and ketchup, carob peanut butter cup
Ounces of water:32

Exercise:

It hasn't been a very healthy start to the day. I intend to do better as I pack my lunch for work.

-Linda McCartney

Last edited by VeganGirl2006 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:18 pm 
Manatee

Hey Courtney,

I just wanted to say I am so jealous over those pics of the lake you were kayaking on... it looks so gorgeous there!! I haven't seen a real cloud in ages :)

Also, I read skinny bitch and I think those girls are so hilarious and inspirational, don't you?!

I know it is hard to diet with a newborn... they suck so much of your time that it is hard to take good care of yourself, but keep on keepin' on! I do what they suggest in "skinny bitch": fruit for b-bast, salad for lunch and some kind of grain based meal for din din. The only thing I haven't been able to quit is coffee :? ... life is just not worth living for me without coffee. I do feel a lot healthier overall after reading that book though... I am way more into my fruits and veggies than I used to be.

good luck!

-Theodor Seuss Geisel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:17 pm 
Gorilla

Thanks! I want to buy my own kayak sometime once I have the extra money. That little lake is just about a mile from my house too, which is so nice! It's tiny, more like a pond really. No motorboats allowed. :)

It's tough for me to diet anytime. Honestly since my husband stays home he takes care of the baby most of the time, which is super helpful for me. I probably would do better to implement their meal techniques in Skinny Bitch. That book kicks ass! :D I loved it too! My weakness though is iced coffee. I drink that stuff whenever I can! I love it! I really should give it up. And I am addicted to Liquid Satan. I've done better about not having it, but I blew it last weekend at the wedding and drank sodas like crazy. I am getting better about eating fruits and veggies though. I had an apple today and and a banana yesterday.

Thanks for the support! :)

-Linda McCartney

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:59 am 
Manatee

haha... yeah the 'liquid satan' line is classic! I also love the chapter on the Atkins diet... seriously, have you ever met someone on that diet that looked really healthy???!?? I love that book. Fortunately, I have never been a soda lover (except when I am pregnant, my last pregnancy it was my biggest craving)... my real weakness is cookies.... After reading 'SB' I discovered 'Laura's Wholesome Junkfood (?)' "biteletts" OMG...those little mothers are yummy!!! They definitely take care of my cookie craving.

feel free not to answer if this question is too personal but- are you breastfeeding?

-Theodor Seuss Geisel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:37 am 
Gorilla

I tried breastfeeding but it was extremely tough when my boobs were way bigger than the baby's head. It didn't work out so we bottle feed. That's easier for my husband too since he's the one home all day with her.

And I'm a cookie lover too. I posted a recipe for peanut butter cookies in the recipe section. I swear every time I make those they never last more than a day! So yummy!!!!!

-Linda McCartney

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:38 am 
Gorilla

Saturday June 28, 2008

Breakfast: banana, 16 oz. soymilk
Lunch: Amy's vegan enchiladas, apple, chips
Dinner:Boca burger, mashed potatoes
Ounces of water:32

Exercise:

I am working a 10 hour shift today so I don't think I'll be getting much in the way of exercise in though.

-Linda McCartney

Last edited by VeganGirl2006 on Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:13 am 
Rabbit

Hey Courtney!

I often have problems staying on track with my healthy eating and here are a few things that I find helpful... I hope you don't mind the unsolicited tips...

- To kick the soda habit. I mix sparkling water and pure fruit juice. I get the bubbles I love and more natural sugars. I'm actually rethinking the sparkling water after an accidental experiment that I once did.... I was picking the stones out of the beans that I was getting ready to soak and a few fell into my sparkling water. About 10 minutes later when I finished my drink, the skins of the beans were so shriveled I was able to tear them right off. However, even after 24 hours of soaking in regular water and an hour of cooking, the skins didn't want to budge. Can you imagine what the carbonation is doing to our insides? EEEK :shock:

- I know planning and preparing ahead of time, involves time and energy you might not have but I find that if I prepare my breakfast and lunch the night before, I'll be sure to get healthy food in me and won't have to make last minute choices.

- I bring a cooler to team meetings/retreats at work, road trips, any time I travel or plan to be away from home. I take my cooler to work on a daily basis. If I have the food I'm going to eat for the day on-hand, I don't have to worry about leaving my desk to eat if I'm busy. I don't have to skip meals and I eat whatever it is that I've included in my program. I think you did this when you were traveling for work, I've found it helpful to do it all the time.

- Flexibility is important. Allow yourself the occasional treat as part of your program. I used to judge myself and feel bad when I would treat myself, I'd call it falling off the wagon and then feel bad and guilty for doing so. These days, if I've accounted for the treat in the whole of my program, then it's just part of my program. This works as long as the other healthy food that's supposed to be in my program gets in there too. :)

I think it's amazing that you're posting your journey on here and are sharing your process with us! Paying attention to what works and what doesn't is half the battle. Journaling is also the most helpful thing I've ever done when trying to lose weight. :)

Good luck and take care!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:02 am 
Manatee

ok, I was just wondering about the BF because I breastfed my daughter for over 2 years and my son is 1 and still nurses and in my experience it really hinders weight loss efforts..... I think it helps with losing about the first 20lbs pp but after that your body just doesn't want to let go which can be really annoying! In the last few months I have been losing and gaining the same five lbs :evil: even though I don't eat "bad" the weight just doesn't wanna go!

p.s. my daughter picked the color for this post :)

-Theodor Seuss Geisel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:18 pm 
Gorilla

Sunday June 28, 2008

Last week's weight: 245
This week's weight: 240.4!
Change: -4.6 pounds!!!!

I guess I didn't do as bad last week as I thought! I dropped a good amount of weight for one week! HOORAY! It's good to see positive progress again. Let's keep going!

Breakfast: banana, 16 oz. soymilk
Lunch: Boca burger, chips, peanut butter cookies
Dinner:
Ounces of water: 32

Exercise: I walked 2.5 miles at the lake today! :)

-Linda McCartney

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:02 pm 
Manatee

good job! congrats!

-Theodor Seuss Geisel

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next