Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Courtney's Food Journal and Fitness Log
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:59 am 
Gorilla

lobsteriffic wrote:
VeganGirl2006 wrote:
Breakfast: Mexican pizza

Best.Breakfast.Ever. :D

:D I love it! I love to eat breakfast but never have been too big on the breakfast-type foods. Most of the traditional ones either have animal products in them or don't last long in me (like toast or something).

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:00 am 
Gorilla

Wednesday, May 13, 1009

Back to work today. It was so nice to have yesterday off, but it's a bummer having to work on Saturday. Oh well. I only have to do it every three weeks so I can live with that. :)

Breakfast: burrito
Lunch: pita with spinach, mushrooms, banana peppers, black olives, and sprouts
Dinner: vegan spring rolls, mashed sweet potato, slice of vegan bread

Exercise: 1 hour of "deskercise" and 1 hour of Wii sports (that boxing game is so fun!)

-Linda McCartney

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:37 am 
Gorilla

Thursday, May 14, 2009

I wish this rain would stop so I could go down to the lake and do some walking/jogging around it. I came across the neatest site yesterday called MapMyRun, which let me figure out how far it was around the lake. It's 0.98 miles, so I can gauge how far I've walked/ran! Neat!

Breakfast: soy milk, banana, 2 slices of vegan bread with Earth Balance on them
Lunch: nothing
Dinner: 3 tacos with all the toppings

Exercise: nothing today

I got sick at work and felt like crap. I had a sinus headache (probably due to the rain), was very dizzy, and was quite nauseated. So I skipped lunch. I truly didn't feel like eating. When I got home, I laid down on the couch and watched "Grease." Not a very productive day, but tomorrow should be better.

-Linda McCartney

Last edited by VeganGirl2006 on Fri May 15, 2009 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:30 am 
Stegosaurus

You think rain is bad? It's snowing here right now!!

I've never tried Wii, it looks like so much fun! Thanks for the heads up on that mapmyrun site.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:05 am 
Gorilla

Friday, May 15, 2009

TGIF baby! Pity I have to work tomorrow too. Oh well. I only have to work every 3rd Saturday so I can live with it. I am rather annoyed that I can't find my gym pants! I have washed all the laundry in the house. I found my gym shirt. But the pants.....they seem to be MIA! :( I am going to have to buy another pair so I can get my butt back to the gym. Going in black slacks or jeans won't really work.

Breakfast: organic bulghur wheat with a little soy milk and Earth Balance
Lunch: stir fry veggies
Dinner: 2 veggie dogs

Exercise: No major exercise today. Just some walking.

-Linda McCartney

Last edited by VeganGirl2006 on Mon May 25, 2009 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:54 pm 
Gorilla

I haven't been very good about writing things down, or eating well for the past few days. My husband's grandmother died Saturday night. She was 9 days away from being 97. We've been a little bogged down with funeral details and stuff.
Plus, I am having to take time off work for this, so things have been a bit hectic. I shall get myself back in gear tomorrow.

-Linda McCartney

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:26 pm 
Stegosaurus

I am sorry to hear that. Sometimes in life there are more important things for us to focus on for awhile. But I know you'll do great and get right back on track. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:26 am 
Gorilla

lobsteriffic wrote:
I am sorry to hear that. Sometimes in life there are more important things for us to focus on for awhile. But I know you'll do great and get right back on track. :)

Thanks hon. :) I am back on track starting today. No more eating a pint of Tofutti Almond Bark in one sitting! *LOL* (That was last night's dinner. Yeah, not the wisest choice ever.)

-Linda McCartney

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:32 am 
Gorilla

Thursday, May 21, 2009

I am getting myself back on track today after the insanity of this past week. I spent most of the week and previous weekend eating tons of processed stuff and even drinking highly caffeinated sodas. My body is definitely protesting all that crap! I feel like crap too.

I had an amazing health food moment last night actually. I had eaten a whole freaking pint of Tofutti Almond Bark for dinner. I also was complaining about not feeling very good. My husband (who is an omni) said, "You know honey, I really believe you do better when you're eating more healthy, whole foods. I can tell that you have more energy and are happier when you eat less processed stuff." This was the first time EVER that he's made an observation about my eating habits making an improvement that he could see was positive! I was totally stoked about that!!!!! :D I put down the Tofutti and decided right then to get my body back on track. I also noticed how much better I felt when I was eating less processed crap and more whole foods. I should really look for some recipes that call for less processed stuff.

I also realize that I can't let lame forms of exercise (like that "deskercize") count as exercise. I need to get out of the house and run or walk or hit the gym that I pay $24.95 a month to use! Dammit I have GOT to stop slacking!

Breakfast: leftover spaghetti (whole wheat pasta, tomato sauce, spices, TVP, and mushrooms)
Morning Snack: banana, 2 oranges
Lunch: burrito
Dinner: Mexican pizza

Exercise: 20 push-ups (the girly ones), 100 crunches

-Linda McCartney

Last edited by VeganGirl2006 on Fri May 22, 2009 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:37 am 
Stegosaurus

I feel better without processed foods as well. When I go back home to visit my family I usually end up eating those packaged soy meats and I never feel as good as I do here when I am preparing my own food. Do you like to cook? http://www.vegweb.com is a great recipe resource. I also recommend Veganomicon and Vegan with a Vengeance if you're looking for cookbooks. Get it Ripe is pretty good too for unprocessed stuff.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:07 pm 
Stegosaurus

[quote="VeganGirl2006"]Thursday, May 21, 2009

I am getting myself back on track today after the insanity of this past week. I spent most of the week and previous weekend eating tons of processed stuff and even drinking highly caffeinated sodas. My body is definitely protesting all that crap! I feel like crap too.

I had an amazing health food moment last night actually. I had eaten a whole freaking pint of Tofutti Almond Bark for dinner. I also was complaining about not feeling very good. My husband (who is an omni) said, "You know honey, I really believe you do better when you're eating more healthy, whole foods. I can tell that you have more energy and are happier when you eat less processed stuff." This was the first time EVER that he's made an observation about my eating habits making an improvement that he could see was positive! I was totally stoked about that!!!!! :D I put down the Tofutti and decided right then to get my body back on track. I also noticed how much better I felt when I was eating less processed crap and more whole foods. I should really look for some recipes that call for less processed stuff.

I also realize that I can't let lame forms of exercise (like that "deskercize") count as exercise. I need to get out of the house and run or walk or hit the gym that I pay $24.95 a month to use! Dammit I have GOT to stop slacking!

Congrats on your moment! That is sounds fantastic. I hope to keep checking you log and hearing about your progress eating and exercising. I also feel better when I don't eat process and the cookbooks that lobster recommended are some of my favs too! Good for you!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:46 am 
Gorilla

Thanks MaryStella! :)

This afternoon I went on Amazon and ordered "Vegan With A Vengeance" and "How It All Vegan." I can't wait for them to come! I am looking for some new recipes. Honestly, I love what I cook but it's fun to experiment and branch out to new foods. I also am getting a food processor from work. I won it! It should be here in a couple of weeks. That will be most useful!

-Linda McCartney

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:17 am 
Stegosaurus

I received a food processor last year for Christmas and I love it! Especially it's hummus making capabilities.... :D Enjoy your new cookbooks and your new kitchen toy!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:22 am 
Gorilla

Friday, May 22, 2009

My husband is out of town for the funeral. He is expecting to be home late tonight. It was odd falling asleep in our room with him not there last night. He spent the night at his brother's house an hour away since they had to get up early to leave this morning. I am looking forward to him getting home though. :)

Breakfast: leftover refried beans and TVP, salsa, green Tabasco, and lettuce
Lunch: stir fry (with water chestnuts, tofu, green beans, bamboo shoots, spinach, potatoes, and broccoli), 1 carob peanut butter cup
Dinner: 2 slices of pizza (I made homemade vegan pizza and my husband didn't know it was vegan!)

Exercise: Lots of walking while shopping today.

-Linda McCartney

Last edited by VeganGirl2006 on Mon May 25, 2009 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:01 pm 
Stegosaurus

I can't live with a food processor. I use it a lot it is really worth having one. Can't wait until you get it! Your gonna love it. Your new cookbooks sound good. I think you will enjoy them!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next