Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Rockage Blog
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:44 pm 
Elephant

I feel like absolute crap today. I'm moody. I'm tired. I'm depressed and I'm sore and don't want to eat.
I think I've fallen victim to overtraining again. I don't even think I work out that much, but I guess since I've been eating barely anything lately, that has something to do with it.

After I lost my job I got depressed. Really really depressed. I barely ate.. I slept too much.. But I still forced myself to workout for fear that being so sedentary would cause me to gain weight. I weighed myself last week and had gained about 3 pounds. I was maaad. So I stepped up the workouts a bit and restricted the calories even more. I was eating 3 times a day, but working out for an hour or more.

On Wednesday I begged my boyfriend to take me to the gym. I didn't keep track of the time or my workouts, I just kept going. My rests in between workouts were short.
Warmup: 10 minutes on the stairmaster
I did hammer curls, concentration curls, barbell curls, probably about 2-3 sets of each. I used the heaviest weights I could possibly lift for 10 reps.
For the back:
3 sets of lat pulldowns, 2 sets bent over rows, 1 set seated rows, 2 sets of back extensions. Again, as heavy as I could lift for 10 reps.
Abs:
3 sets of ball rollouts, bicycle crunches, ball crunches, hanging leg raise.

i had my Vega shake afterwards.

Then yesterday, as sore as I was, I went for a run. I mentioned before it's because I went clothes shopping and couldn't stand looking at myself in the mirror. I ran for about an hour.. Stopping frequently since I'm in absolutely pathetic shape.. Did lots of power walking up hills and stuff.
I only ate a couple meals.
I felt guilty after eating the pancakes and fruit.. I had 2 pancakes, and strawberries on top with some syrup drizzled on it.
I didn't have any protein shakes or supplements yesterday. I ate some cherries and drank water and a small cup of juice after my run. Then dinner was about an hour or 2 later.

I dunno it's so annoying that I'm gaining weight even though I'm working out so much. usually if you overtrain you lose weight, right?
I just want to be able to look in the mirror and not hate what I see. I want my bum to not be fat anymore. I want to see my abs again.
Where is all this fat coming from??

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:27 pm 
Elephant

"Where is all this fat coming from?" I asked earlier.

The answer: My head.
I'm imagining all this fat on my body that really isn't there. I weighed myself again today and I'm 111. Last week I was 115. Either my scale is messed up or I didn't lose or gain anything. I need to not listen to the scale or the negative voices in my head telling me I need to have 0% bodyfat.

Anyway.

Here's what I've eaten so far today: I feel so full..

Breakfast: Protein smoothie! Almonds, frozen banana, soymilk, and Vega. Probably about 20g in this.

Snack: 3 strawberries and a cashew puck.

Lunch (well sorta lunch.. I had a nap and ate lunch late): Lentil soup.

I'm drinking a ton of water today. I think I'm dehydrated, which would explain why I feel so yucky. I've filled up this huge glass like 3 times and I've also had juice too.

I am so wiped. I think I will take Saturday off from exercising too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:04 pm 
Stegosaurus

Marcina wrote:
I feel like absolute crap today. I'm moody. I'm tired. I'm depressed and I'm sore and don't want to eat.
I think I've fallen victim to overtraining again. I don't even think I work out that much, but I guess since I've been eating barely anything lately, that has something to do with it.

A person's water weight can shift by as much as 5 lbs a day up or down. Even more so for women. That is why scales seem to give erratic readings. This short article explains it:

Why The Scale Lies
http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/lib ... /scale.htm

You can go to a free site like physicsdiet.com. If you type in your weigh everyday it will compute an average that will filter out the "noise" from shifting water weight and plot it on a graph so you have a reliable idea of what is going with your weight.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:44 am 
Site Admin

Hey girl!

I totally ran out of shirts, but I ordered a ton of them today! And mishe ordered more women's stuff! Since I'm sooooooo late on your contest shirts, I'm going to send you a few tank tops, different colors, different styles, etc. Sorry for the delay! Tried to pm you days ago but it wouldn't work, meant to write you on fb or myspace, but forgot but ordered tank tops today and they'll be ready soon and you'll get many of them :)

Thanks for your patience my dear!

RC

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:22 pm 
Elephant

robert wrote:
Hey girl!

I totally ran out of shirts, but I ordered a ton of them today! And mishe ordered more women's stuff! Since I'm sooooooo late on your contest shirts, I'm going to send you a few tank tops, different colors, different styles, etc. Sorry for the delay! Tried to pm you days ago but it wouldn't work, meant to write you on fb or myspace, but forgot but ordered tank tops today and they'll be ready soon and you'll get many of them :)

Thanks for your patience my dear!

RC

Dude that rules!! I can't wait!! Yippee!!
Don't worry about the delay. It's not like I'm in a desperate need of clothes or anything :P

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:26 pm 
Elephant

Okay so I'm gonna fill in the rest of the stuff I ate yesterday. I felt full and crummy after eating so much but then eventually my body started getting used to it and wanted more food.
I ate carrots and hummus, a hemp protein shake, a banana, some pineapple, all sorts of stuff. I also drank a tonnage of water. I think I was a bit dehydrated. I mostly snacked on fruits and stuff like that.
Avoided gluten and soy like the plague because I was sooo stuffed up. I had sneezing fits. This morning I was very restless and had a sore throat and whatnot. I am pretty sure I've got a cold or something. It's gym night tonight but I'm gonna skip it and go to the movies and see Kung Fu Panda.
Because I had such a hard time sleeping I didn't actually get up and do anything until the afternoon. I'm sick so it's alright I suppose lol.

Had my protein shake in the morning. Should probably eat again soon.

Gonna go to the movies now.

Ciao!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:54 am 
Elephant

Blaahh I don't feel good. At the movie theatre I had a little bit of popcorn (no butter, of course) But they still load it up with salt and oil so I only had a little. I was very thirsty after and had some water at the fountain. After that, we drove around looking for a place to eat but everything was closed so we went shopping and I made a salad when I got home. We didn't get home til around 10-ish. You'd think I'd be starving or something but since I have a cold I don't have much of an appetite.
I was kinda bummed before we left cuz Silvio seemed upset with me but wouldn't tell me why. I worried myself the whole time we were out.
After my salad I went to bed. I woke up a couple hours later feeling awful because my body needed food but I restricted my food intake again today. I really should have stayed home and recuperated instead of going to the movies. I had a bowl of cereal and some juice and got a tummy-ache. That's what happens when you don't feed yourself right!!
Silvio says that I always seem to be sick. It's weird because I honestly don't think I am. He didn't elaborate on it much, but he said I should go get allergy tests. I hate when people do that ya know? They get all irritated and pissed off at you but don't tell you why. I think he's mad cuz I'm supposedly "sick" all the time but I don't know what he means by that. Maybe I just complain more than I should? I should pay attention to that kind of thing I guess.
Honestly, this cold is the first health problem I've had in a long time. I had a cold in the wintertime and it lasted about 2 days or so. Before that.. It was spring of 2007 that I was last sick. I remember, I had the stomach flu and barfed miniwheats at work after cleaning a poopy kennel. Ugh.

So, I guess I need to be more in tune with my body. If Silvio says I seem sick all the time, I should try and figure out why he thinks that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:50 am 
Elephant

Let me explain.
Silvio is a man. Men have no urge to talk and elaborate on every little detail in life. Most likely he didn't have a problem with you until you started pushing him on what the problem was. Let it go, it has nothing to do with your ass, your face or your friends new boyfriend.
It might be something that happened at work, it might be a pimple in the wrong place, his mom might have called, he might be worried about Italy loosing to Spain in the Euro cup or he might be trying to figure out why water whirls in one direction on the northern hemisphere and in the other direction on the southern dito. You weren't part of the problem until you started asking about shit.
Relax... :paranoia:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:30 pm 
Elephant

Okay, that was mean and uncalled for. You're assuming that I'm some idiotic chick who bugs her boyfriend into telling her every little detail that's on his mind until he gets pissed off. He was pissed off to begin with. I didn't drive him to that point.

I never said, nor did I ever "push" him into telling me what his problem was. I asked him two questions. 1. What was bothering him and 2. If I did something wrong, and what I can do to fix it.

He chose not to tell me. He simply said that it wasn't something I could fix, but he did make it clear that it was a problem with me that he had. He told me to get my shoes on so we could go out and forget about it.

Obviously, I had a hard time "Forgetting" about it. I kept thinking what I could have done wrong and what I can do to make him not be mad anymore. I'm a worrier, I tend to do that. I can't stand to have people angry with me because then I get upset with myself for making a mistake that could have been avoided. I never brought up the subject the entire time we were out, I kept it to myself. If he wanted to tell me, he would.

Later that night, he did decide to tell me what was wrong. It was because he thinks I'm sick all the time and should go see a doctor.

Please explain to me where in that situation, did I ever push him into telling me what was bothering him? Explain to me where I complained that I was fat and ugly or whatever the hell you think I said? I let him take the time to tell me when he felt like it. No pushing involved.

When you assumed that everything was my fault, without knowing fully what the situation was, not only did you make yourself look foolish.. But you made me feel like an ass. I was very offended by what you posted there and I also feel stupid for talking about myself AT ALL on this forum. It seems everytime I do I get attacked, or insulted, or blamed for something.
This is my blog, and I thought it could be the ONE place where I could vent out my daily frustrations in an effort to feel better, but it just makes me feel worse when I log on to see that someone has attacked me and starts blaming me for shit I didn't even do.

I did you a favor by explaining the full situation to you, even though it really isn't your business. I just want to show you that before you start calling people paranoid and pushy, to stop and think.. Maybe that isn't what the situation is after all.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:26 am 
Elephant

It was ment to be somewhat funny, to lighten the mood. I failed and will try to keep it safe from now on.

Sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:49 pm 
Elephant

Oh dude I totally thought you were serious :shock:

That's why I was mad.

See, on the internet it's hard to tell if people are being sarcastic and whatnot, so I thought you were being mean to me.

I thought it was weird for you pick on me, cuz you've always been nice.

Anyways, it was all a misunderstanding so let's put it behind us.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:59 pm 
Elephant

Okay, so back to business.

Yesterday was leg day at the gym. First day back. Ate some sushi rolls beforehand (nyum num) and then got to squattin.

Did a 10 minute warmup on the stairmaster. I used to have such a hard time on that thing, but now I'm getting good at it and can go faster :D

Then I did some warmup walking lunges (which I suck at and I think I look foolish doing them)
Did some plie squats to warm up as well, then headed on upstairs where the big boy machines are!

I started doing squats right away, since I had all my energy. I can only squat 70 pounds, but I'm small and not very strong yet. Last week I only did 50, to kinda get the feel of it.
I did 3 sets. It was awesome. I love squats.

I did some deadlifts too. I dunno how much weight.. I don't wear my glasses when I workout and can't read the numbers on the side of the barbells as sad as that is. It was pretty heavy though. I'd say maybe between 35-40 pounds or so. Maybe even 50.

I also did some hamstring curls, seated, and standing.

Calf raises.. I went to town on. I saw a post Future made about doing calf raises but I totally forgot the routine. I would spring up, and then slowly come back down.. and then spring up again. I think there's a waiting period of 15 secs or so but I wasn't sure how long it was supposed to take me to come back down.. So I just went as slow as possible. I didn't wanna hog the calf raise machine anyway lol.
I did 55 pounds on that.

I did some more plie squats, with 17.5 pounds, and used the leg press machine to train glutes, and inner leg. To do that I used a wide stance with toes pointed outward, much like a plie squat.

I worked legs for about an hour or so and I was so tired. My legs were like rubber and it took me awhile to hobble up the stairs to tell my bf (who runs on the treadmill) that I am finished. I almost fell asleep on the ride home and my legs were absolute rubber. I had my protein shake and woke up. then I played video games. Hehehe. Then I ate some of my new kick ass cereal with almonds and hemp seeds. Yum.
Today my glutes, calfs, and hamstrings are sore. My quads are never sore. EVER. No matter how hard I train them. I'm tired today and had a bigass bowl of oatmeal and flax with some soy protein. Added some hemp seeds to that too. And a little soy milk cuz it was dry.

AND THAT IS ALL MY FRIEND.

I'm gonna go out and hang out with my cat on the porch and get some sunshine.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:03 pm 
Elephant

Marcina wrote:
Oh dude I totally thought you were serious :shock:

That's why I was mad.

See, on the internet it's hard to tell if people are being sarcastic and whatnot, so I thought you were being mean to me.

I thought it was weird for you pick on me, cuz you've always been nice.

Anyways, it was all a misunderstanding so let's put it behind us.

No problem, I've been misunderstood before :D
It's not the first time I get in trouble for my sarcastic humor...
No harm, no foul and I will be more careful from now on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:26 pm 
Elephant

GDI!!
The sun was beaming down all nice and shit earlier but as SOON AS I GO OUTSIDE IT FUCKS OFF BEHIND THE CLOUDS!

It took me like 10 mins or whatever to get my lotion and find my sunglasses and by time I did the sun was gone.

ARGHHH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:49 pm 
Stegosaurus

Your better off.

All the women who I knew in college who were sun bathing beauties, now look 15 years older then their true age because of it. Nothing ages skin prematurely like too much sun. If I were a woman I would rather be pale while I am young and have all of my peers sneering at me behind my back when I am 48 because I STILL look young while they look like raisins

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next