Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Rockage Blog
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:45 am 
Manatee

great blog. gorgeous niece. Isn't it funny how you can love a baby so much the first time you see them?? Cheesy, but true.

good luck w/ everything!

-Theodor Seuss Geisel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:32 pm 
Elephant

I know eh!
I love her so much. Being an aunt is great because I get to play with her and stuff, but when she gets cranky she goes back to mommy heeheehee

So today, I finished my last in-classroom session of driver's ed. I've always been afraid to drive and today of course, they showed us what to do in an accident and all that stuff. I think the course has been good in getting me prepared for what to experience on the road though, even though it has me a little nervous.
I was the oldest in the class.. I was in a room full of sixteen year olds talking about cartoons and they didn't know who the Animaniacs were. Come on, guys.
I was probably closer in age with the teacher than these kids. At one point we had to calculate our percentages for a test and I didn't have a calculator so I just asked if anyone else had gotten the same mark as I had and what their % was. I said "I haven't been in a math class in 5 years" and I heard some snickers. That made me feel old lol. They were finishing up elementary school when I graduated so it probably seemed like an eternity to them. Oh well.
I can legally go to bars anywhere I want to so poo poo to them.

The thing is, I don't look 22. I look 16, so maybe they thought I just never took math. Ever. Then in that case, they would be jealous. Let's face it. Math sucks.

This morning was really hot and I studied outside before class started, and I managed to sunburn my tattoo. The flower one. Of course I didn't notice, since it's pink anyways.. But noticed it was starting to get irritated.. And raised. So I burnt my flower. That sucks.

In other news, Starbucks baristas do not know what regular coffee is.
I am absolutely serious.
I was running late today and skipped out on breakfast and coffee and just ate a banana on the way to class and got some Starbucks coffee in the mall. The lady ahead of me orders some strawberry.. thingy.. The man ahead orders some kind of cappucino.. I go up.

"Regular coffee please"

-blank stare-

"You mean like.. Our house coffee?" The barista asks. 2 of them are actually there, both staring at me funny.

"Coffee flavoured coffee" I say. Just like Denis Leary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQxgv4QtKM8

I paid like.. $2.25 for this cup of regular old coffee. Shit. I should have just walked across the parking lot to Tim Hortons. They don't have soy milk there, but I was carrying some on me anyways. You can get an extra large for that price. It's good coffee too, not that funky zesty African citrus bold dark double roasted whatever the hell it is. It's just regular coffee flavoured coffee.
But me being a snob, I don't want to take my business to a place that doesn't even cater to people with dairy allergies. Plus they always have a million people in the lineup and drive-thru and Starbucks was right there and only had 2 people ahead of me.. Instead of 200.

It was pretty amusing, though. Starbucks is quite the yuppie place.. I'm sure they don't get many people that walk in and go "REGULAR COFFEE PRZ"
They always ask what size you want too, and they don't seem to understand "Small", "medium", or "large". Noooo you have to say "Tall" "Short" "Grande" and shit like that. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.
They ask me "Would you like a grande size?"
"Uhh.. Yeah, regular size"
"So tall?"
"Sure, medium."
-More blank looks-
-I point at the size of cup I want and go "That one"-
Usually I go with my boyfriend and he speaks Starbucks so he will order for me. I tell him what I want and he just orders it. When I'm by myself, It's like I'm at a gas station. "Regular coffee, fill it up."
It's funny too, because they have this tip jar. They expect a tip too, as if their coffee isn't expensive enough already, now you have to tip the baristas for doing what they're supposed to be doing. Putting coffee in a cup. I do this every morning. Where's my fuckin tip? Hey, I brew it too. Not just for me but for my boyfriend as well. He doesn't tip me. The other day I made him oatmeal. That's worth something right? Oatmeal AND coffee. And I didn't microwave it either... oh no I made it stovetop. That's like.. Extra effort. I should get like.. 5 bucks.

So I just gave the barista my 3 unwanted pennies and went on my way outside to sit in the sunshine, drinking my coffee-flavoured coffee.

Good times.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:03 pm 
Elephant

It's time for Aaaaaaaaaaaanimaaaaaaaaniacs and we're zaaaaaaaaany to the max. So just sit back and relax, you'll laugh 'til you collapse We're Animaniacs!

I loved them; Elmira was the best and her hug you and squeeze you skit! I also loved Pinky and the Brain, the saaaaaaaame thing we do every night :lol: 8)

Talespin, Ducktales woo wooo, Rescue Rangers. You know the classics ;)

Thanks for reminding me.

As for the coffee nonsense, that's hysterical and i'm too tired to look up the word barista as I dunno what it means but I could imagine them looking dumbfounded after your order. Good thing you bf speaks starbucks haha.

and the rockage blog continues to rock......

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:22 pm 
Elephant

Lol a barista is what they call the chick who takes your order and puts the coffee in a cup. I know, you gotta call them "baristas" not "servers" or "coffee whores" cuz they don't like that apparently.

(For the record I've never called anyone a coffee whore.. But I'm sure if I did they would dislike it very much.)

The 90s was awesome for cartoons. It's funny cuz the teacher said "I grew up in the 90s"... Well.. so did I.. I almost asked him how old he was but I didn't cuz I thought it would be rude. It would be funny if he turned out to be 2 years older than me or something like that. I even remember 80s classics like Teddy Ruxpin, Fraggle Rock, My Little Pony, the Ghostbusters cartoon and original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Saturday mornings were worth getting up for then.
Chi chi chi chip n Dale.. Aww yeah. Ducktales rocked too.. Good times, good times.

Oh hey does anyone remember Darkwing Duck? That was A W E S O M E

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:10 am 
Elephant

Marcina wrote:
In other news, Starbucks baristas do not know what regular coffee is.
I am absolutely serious.
I was running late today and skipped out on breakfast and coffee and just ate a banana on the way to class and got some Starbucks coffee in the mall. The lady ahead of me orders some strawberry.. thingy.. The man ahead orders some kind of cappucino.. I go up.

"Regular coffee please"

-blank stare-

"You mean like.. Our house coffee?" The barista asks. 2 of them are actually there, both staring at me funny.

"Coffee flavoured coffee" I say. Just like Denis Leary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQxgv4QtKM8

I paid like.. $2.25 for this cup of regular old coffee. Shit. I should have just walked across the parking lot to Tim Hortons. They don't have soy milk there, but I was carrying some on me anyways. You can get an extra large for that price. It's good coffee too, not that funky zesty African citrus bold dark double roasted whatever the hell it is. It's just regular coffee flavoured coffee.
But me being a snob, I don't want to take my business to a place that doesn't even cater to people with dairy allergies. Plus they always have a million people in the lineup and drive-thru and Starbucks was right there and only had 2 people ahead of me.. Instead of 200.

It was pretty amusing, though. Starbucks is quite the yuppie place.. I'm sure they don't get many people that walk in and go "REGULAR COFFEE PRZ"
They always ask what size you want too, and they don't seem to understand "Small", "medium", or "large". Noooo you have to say "Tall" "Short" "Grande" and shit like that. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.
"So tall?"
"Sure, medium."
-More blank looks-
Usually I go with my boyfriend and he speaks Starbucks so he will order for me. I tell him what I want and he just orders it. When I'm by myself, It's like I'm at a gas station. "Regular coffee, fill it up."
It's funny too, because they have this tip jar. They expect a tip too, as if their coffee isn't expensive enough already, now you have to tip the baristas for doing what they're supposed to be doing. Putting coffee in a cup. I do this every morning. Where's my fuckin tip? Hey, I brew it too. Not just for me but for my boyfriend as well. He doesn't tip me. The other day I made him oatmeal. That's worth something right? Oatmeal AND coffee. And I didn't microwave it either... oh no I made it stovetop. That's like.. Extra effort. I should get like.. 5 bucks.

So I just gave the barista my 3 unwanted pennies and went on my way outside to sit in the sunshine, drinking my coffee-flavoured coffee.

Good times.

:lol: I laughed my arse off when I read this... This is so me, every time I go into Starbucks...
When I'm grumpy in the morning I want coffee, not some Grande, moca, soy, latte frappe rubbish... Run of the mill coffee, it's black, it's bitter and it's good...
I point at the cup size I want too,
I want that one!!! Barista - "You Mean Grande Sir", Yeah that one... Now give me my bloody coffee!!!!!!!

If you feel their breath on your skin, you just ache.
Have you ever craved someone so much you didn't exist anymore?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:14 am 
Manatee

Marcina wrote:

The thing is, I don't look 22. I look 16, so maybe they thought I just never took math. Ever. Then in that case, they would be jealous. Let's face it. Math sucks.

Noooo you have to say "Tall" "Short" "Grande" and shit like that. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.
"So tall?"
"Sure, medium."
-More blank looks-

Good times.

I went to the dentist 2 days ago and the dental assistant asked me where my MOM was!! She thought I was too young to be at the dentist by myself.... I was like "dude, I have 2 kids" (I'm 26). So I know what you mean about ppl thinking you are younger than you are... which I have to say I am just hoping that when I am 40 I will look 30.

and about the starbucks thing...... what is really bad is how embarrassing it is when you "speak starbucks" and you go to a local coffee place and give yourself away as a corporate coffee slut by ordering a "grande". shit. that is embarrassing!

and the 3 unwanted pennies! lol.....

anyway, good luck w/ the driving!!

-Theodor Seuss Geisel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:19 am 
Manatee

Marcina wrote:

Oh hey does anyone remember Darkwing Duck? That was A W E S O M E

I remember Darkwing Duck!! Very vaguely though.... do you remember Count Duckula?? No one I talk to remembers that show!!! I don't know how good it really was but I just remember that I loved it.

-Theodor Seuss Geisel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:21 am 
Elephant

I do, I didn't watch it much. I liked Duckman, while we're on the subject of ducks. That was on late at night.

Oh, and best drama series of the 90s? Beverly Hills, 90210 man.
<3 Brandon Walsh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:40 pm 
Elephant

I can't believe they're actually bringing Beverly Hills 90210 back. You can't possibly redo a show like that. It's gonna suck!!
Oh, and I like Rescue Rangers too!! 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:44 pm 
Manatee

Marcina wrote:
I do, I didn't watch it much. I liked Duckman, while we're on the subject of ducks. That was on late at night.

Oh, and best drama series of the 90s? Beverly Hills, 90210 man.
<3 Brandon Walsh

I watched Count Duckula on you tube last night out of curiosity and it was SOOO lame, I just remember loving it as a kid though!! I think I was afraid of Duckman... (was it kind of crude humor???) lol... I was a VERY sensitive child!

my favorite 90s shows were Northern Exposure and My So-Called Life (which I had to watch secretly because my parents didn't allow me to watch it :augenroller: )

-Theodor Seuss Geisel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:14 pm 
Elephant

My mom watched Northern Exposure. I would join her in the afternoons and watch it with her. I would usually get bored and then draw or something haha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:29 pm 
Gorilla

Talking about 90's cartoon and no one has mentioned "Batman the Animated Series"?? Man I loved that show. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:53 pm 
Elephant

Ohh I remember that! I didn't watch it though haha

Oh and Alvin and the Chipmunks!! That was a good 80s, 90s show.
I remember watching the movie on Beta where they fly in air balloons around the world.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:55 pm 
Elephant

Okay back on topic:

Everything's coming up Millhouse for me today.
I applied for a job the other day and I'm going in tomorrow. They didn't say anything about an interview, just said "Come in and we'll show ya what we do!" So I dunno, maybe they wanna hire me already haha.
I applied at an Animal Hospital.

In other news, I got my learner's license today! Wooooooo.
I'm at my mom's, hoping I could be like "YEAH I CAN DRIVE WEWT" and we could celebrate but nobody's home!!! Psssh.

Silvio's out getting a haircut cuz he looks homeless, and I'm here by myself.. I bought a present for my neice. A little outfit that says "Born to be Wild" on it. Has a picture of a ... cartoon.. Animal thingy.. A giraffe? Antelope? I dunno. It's cute though. I think it's a Zebra.. Lemme look.
Yes, most definately a donkey.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:47 pm 
Elephant

I got the job at the animal hospital and had my first shift yesterday. I did the kennel stuff, lots of cleaning. I was so tired because I had gotten up too early. These days my hayfever has been really bad so I have a terrible quality sleep and end up waking numerous times in the night. I get up early because I just give up on trying to get back to sleep. Laying down makes it worse. I usually wake up around 5-6 am and start my shifts at 4pm and work until 8pm. At the end of my shift I'm too tired to do anything! Last night I wanted to play video games and fell asleep WHILE PLAYING!! It's not the first time it's happened.
Obviously, I haven't been working out much because I'm so tired all the time. Also, Silvio gets off work when I start work, so I don't get to see him much :(

It's his birthday on Thursday and I should try and get an earlier shift. I want to bake him a cake. I found a really good vegan chocolate cake recipe! I think he'll like it.
I also bought him presents last week and I've been dying to give them to him!! I wanna buy him more stuff. I love giving people gifts hehe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next