Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: I'm ready! Let's do this!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:02 pm 
Elephant

Hey there! Was wondering what happened to you! Nice to see you back.

So did you maintain the 20 lb weight loss? Or is that part of your myspace blog you asked us to check out??

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:51 am 
Rabbit

veggieprincess wrote:
Hey there! Was wondering what happened to you! Nice to see you back.

So did you maintain the 20 lb weight loss? Or is that part of your myspace blog you asked us to check out??

Thanks! Yeah, I figured many people on here and on Myspace were wondering about me, but we had some problems to work out on the way up to Washington, and once we got here (some of the problems were about us having to wait to move into the apartment, and some were just about our diet and behavior). :?

Actually, as you can see in my signature (I made sure to keep it updated), I did indeed maintain the weight loss and not gain (or if I did gain, it was lost back before I could get to weighing myself). In fact, I'm now jumping back and forth between 220 and 215 pounds! (Though that will change once I get down to business again!) My Myspace blog is mainly about what happened (good and bad) since I was last online (problems with going back to a Vegetarian diet for the move up, my husband going into a seizure most likely due to re-adding wheat to our diet, etc.).

Starting Weight: 240 pounds
Current Weight: 200 pounds
Goal Weight: < 180 pounds

"Listen to your mind, let your spirit free, and feel your body move with the rhythm of your life!"

"Let your body show you the way!"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:33 am 
Rabbit

October 8, 2008

Breakfast: 1 mango
Lunch: 1 big tomato
Dinner: french fries, fried onion petals, & fried potato cake from Arby's (I know, I know...but we were out late, and I was REALLY hungry and couldn't wait until we got home. :( I need to start packing us some raw lunch for on the go!)
Snack: grapes

I tinkered around with my two 8 pound free weights and my two 5 pound ankle weights today...I did some bicep curls with the free weights, and side leg lifts with the ankle weights...I think I did them each about 80 times, with breaks in between. :D

We were out late tonight, as we had contacted someone who had lots of extra fruits and vegetables that were not being used, so they let us go pick what we wanted from their land. We got a grocery bag full of grapes, about 12 big zucchini (yumm...we'll be making raw zucchini pasta with some raw sauce :wink: ), a dozen or so apples, and some peas and green beans...we would've got more, but it was getting dark and we could only carry so much back home (they live 4 miles away, and we walked). They offered us some eggs, too, but of course we had to say no to that. :lol:

So, yeah, we walked a total of 8 miles tonight! Yay! I don't know if it was the exercise I did earlier or not (though I think it is!), but I was able to walk more quickly for the first 4 miles than I have in a long while (I had LOTS of energy)! And even though I was hurting on the walk back, I got home without much of a problem, and feel better than I did a few days ago (when we went for a 5 mile walk and I was completely in pain). I think things are improving for me, and I seem to be focusing more on thinking "I can" rather than "I can't". :D

Well, we're gonna have to start packing some raw lunch for on the go, because I keep feeling bad about eating bad cooked food due to not having much of a choice (I was very hungry, and there was no store with produce open so late in the area). It probably didn't help much that I ate little food this morning, but I didn't feel too hungry (and lately, I seem to just wait until my stomach lets me know it's hungry, rather than stuffing myself with food). Anyway, I'll just have to start packing us lunches/snacks/etc. when we go further than just 4 miles total (as it seems that we don't get too hungry unless we go a bit further than 4 miles).

Anyway, that's all for now! I'm tired, so I'm off to bed now. That way I can be ready for tomorrow's workout! :boxer:

"Listen to your mind, let your spirit free, and feel your body move with the rhythm of your life!"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:27 pm 
Rabbit

Darn it! I forgot to stay updated! Things have just been kinda hectic lately, what with us trying to be more organized and looking for temporary jobs. And I've been so tired and keep feeling lazy. Maybe I'm having more detox symptoms (I've already broke out in acne all over my face *hides*). I think I need to push myself every morning to exercise (even if for a little while), because it certainly seemed to help me feel better when I did it a few days ago. I don't know, I've just been acting lazy lately, and feeling too tired to do anything, and my weight's not budging! I seriously need some motivation right now! :?

October 9, 2008

Breakfast: 2 cups of apple/cucumber/orange juice
Lunch: 1 big tomato
Dinner: 2 slices Veganrella pizza with pineapple from Rudy's Pizzeria (darn it! just hearing about it teased me into wanting it! :( Not that it was that great anyway, though...the Veganrella cheese and the pineapples were the best part! )
Snack: 2 cups of apple/cucumber/orange juice

Exercise: 4 mile walk

October 10, 2008

Breakfast: 2 cups of apple/cucumber/orange juice
Lunch: 2 slices of leftover Veganrella pizza with pineapple from Rudy's Pizzeria
Dinner: 1 cucumber
Snack: 2 cups of apple/cucumber/orange juice

Exercise: 2 mile walk

October 11, 2008

Breakfast: 2 cups of apple/grape/cucumber/orange juice
Lunch: raw zucchini pasta with a tomato puree & fruit pulp sauce
Dinner: cooked rice with a tomato puree & fruit pulp sauce
Snack: 2 cups of apple/orange juice
Dessert: raw pecan pie (or mostly raw), consisting of: almonds, dates, fruit pulp, bananas, pecans, and a little agave nectar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:21 am 
Rabbit

My husband and I are planning on going on another cleanse soon. I'm barely active, and just feeling even more depressed, probably from all this food. Ugh. Anyway, we have to get done with the food we have before going shopping again (which will happen in another 5 or 6 days), so until then I just need to suck it up and deal with it. We still have lots of fresh apples, oranges, tomatoes, and zucchini to finish using, along with a bag of rice. And I haven't been too into wanting variety, so we're basically having almost the same things. We've been getting into the habit of using seasonings again (salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic, etc.), which is not good, so we need to wean ourselves off of them. But for the most part, the only cooked food we are having each day is rice. Anyway...

October 12, 2008

Breakfast: 2 cups of apple/orange juice

October 13, 2008

Dessert: avocado banana ice cream (homogenized frozen bananas and fresh avocados, with crushed pecans and swirls of agave nectar on top)

Exercise: ummmm...none? :?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:37 am 
Elephant

cayenne pepper and garlic are awesome for your health! Don't give up using them. They help promote blood flow, boost your immune system, and produce a thermogenic effect on the body. Plus, they add enjoyment to your food!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:06 am 
Rabbit

Things are still about the same, though I am a little more motivated to change my ways soon! We're definitely going to start a fruit and fruit juice cleanse soon as we get done with the cooked foods in the next few days!

We did go shopping a couple days ago, but only to pick up some good deals from Cost Cutter's 1 day produce sale! We bought 10 pounds of Bartlett pears for .38 a pound and 10 pounds of Beefsteak tomatoes for .48 a pound (I think, it was a couple days ago but I know it was pretty cheap). They usually have 10 pound or more sales, so buying in bulk gets you discounts, and when they have produce that cheap you just can't help but take advantage of it! lol. Also, they have (for the whole week) ORGANIC avocados for .98 each, and they are not as small as the non-organic ones we've been buying! We picked up 10 of them, just have to let them ripen up some. :D

So, we probably have 2 meals of rice left, and a frozen Amy's Pizza with a rice crust (my husband and I couldn't pass it up and just HAD to try it before we start our cleanse :? it's amazing what they can do with rice now, and definitely good for those who wish to avoid wheat/gluten! ). We still have about 2 boxes of fresh apples (holding up well in the fridge!), tomatoes, Bartlett pears, 6 big zucchini, and 10 avocados. I still don't crave variety, so...yeah.

We've used up our pepper, and are not buying anymore, so we just have to deal with it! The garlic is used up too, and as much as my husband likes to eat them raw (ugh!), I think it's better that we avoid it. We're still using sea salt and cayenne pepper to season our foods, but will stop doing so during the cleanse.

We stopped by the library 2 days ago. I guess we got a bit inspired. :wink: I picked up 6 books: Fitness Weight Training, Weight Training For Dummies, Workouts With Weights, Acupressure's Potent Points, Acupressure & Reflexology For Dummies, and The Art Of Getting Well. (Yes, I'm a dummy! :lachmal: Well, I'll admit I'm a dummy when it comes to subjects I don't fully know about!) My husband got 2 books, The Color Code and The Medicine Meditation. We're both learning from each other's books, though, as we keep talking about what we read about. lol. I don't know if he's wanting to do any weight exercises, but I definitely need ideas and inspiration, so I had to get those books at least for myself! As far as the acupressure books, we both have been interested in acupressure (though not so much of acupuncture :psycho: I fear needles!). Looks like we've got a LOT to read about! :wink: Anyway...

October 14, 2008

October 15, 2008

October 16, 2008

Lunch: cooked rice with a tomato puree & fruit pulp sauce

October 17, 2008

Breakfast: 2 cups of apple/tomato juice
Dinner: raw zucchini pasta with a tomato puree & fruit pulp sauce
Snack: 2 cups of apple/tomato juice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:11 am 
Rabbit

Marcina wrote:
cayenne pepper and garlic are awesome for your health! Don't give up using them. They help promote blood flow, boost your immune system, and produce a thermogenic effect on the body. Plus, they add enjoyment to your food!

Well, even though they are promoted as good foods, some sites I've been reading up on beg to differ and say they cause harm. So, we think it's best to avoid them. Besides, we have some reasons of our own for not wanting to continue using them. :) And if we can't enjoy our food without them, obviously our food is the problem...not to mention my husband's bad garlic breath...ugh! :lachmal:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:35 pm 
Elephant

Great to have you back!!
Are you using whole grain rice or white rice? May I suggest using spelt instead? It's more filling with more nutrients! :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:21 pm 
Glad to see you still hanging in there, despite ups and downs. I think that progress is like that, never totally equal. But perseverance in the long run is what counts. . . the determination to keep moving forward no matter what. :boxer:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:05 am 
Rabbit

offense74 wrote:
Great to have you back!!
Are you using whole grain rice or white rice? May I suggest using spelt instead? It's more filling with more nutrients! :D

White rice. I know...bad move. :? But one of our neighbors that lives in one of the apartment rooms nearby keeps giving away food to everyone...I'm guessing they get it from a food bank or something...because we've been given canned foods and breads and such...though we turned around and gave most of what we won't eat to a homeless couple on the side of the road. We only kept the rice and a few other things because we're the kinda people that feel bad if we give away ALL of what someone gave us (heck, I felt bad about having to throw away the bread and canned foods until my husband suggested giving it to the homeless couple we saw on the side of the road). I guess we just think of how we'd feel if someone got rid of something we gave them out of kindness. Though, my husband and I agreed that after this, if we get any more from them, we'll just keep giving it all to the homeless couple on the side of the road (heck, they seem nice, and we feel sorry for them and wish there was more we could do to help). Gosh, this town is so friendly! :D

I honestly have never tried spelt. Though, after this, we're not gonna eat grains much anymore. We're gonna stick mainly to a fruit diet, with some vegetables and nuts. :D

chariot wrote:
Glad to see you still hanging in there, despite ups and downs. I think that progress is like that, never totally equal. But perseverance in the long run is what counts. . . the determination to keep moving forward no matter what. :boxer:

*nods* Yep, I agree! It takes a LOT to make a change, and we've got to show ourselves that we can make that change! :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:47 am 
Rabbit

Things got a little rocky today, and well...my husband and I have BOTH got an everlasting memory from it. Well, let's just say we're more motivated to completely change our ways (not just as far as what we eat, but nearly EVERYTHING)...and uhhh, we won't need haircuts anytime soon. :o Long story short...we had emotional conversations, lots of crying and pain, and then he cut all his hair off (I still have NO idea what was going through his mind! :? all his long beautiful hair! :cry: ) and I was going to follow right along with him, but stopped right at shoulder-length (he stopped me before I went too far like he did). Ah well...this was probably one of the most emotional conversations we've ever had, we got a LOT off our chests today, and we feel better about it...for the most part! Though, I haven't had my hair this short in many years (and only because my mom always got my hair cut that short, even though I always hated it), so when I looked in the mirror afterwards, I cried and started saying that I looked ugly. So yeah, we both ended up having a LOT of emotional time together today, and a LOT of stuff to talk about. And well, besides our diets, his main goal is to be more calmer during our emotional talks and my main goal is to not get as easily upset and to stop dwelling on the past (we'll be working on that with meditation and exercise). So, yeah...anyway...

October 18, 2008

Snack: Bartlett pear
Snack: avocado

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:33 am 
Rabbit

Things are going better today. I feel VERY self-conscious and worried about how me and my husband both look (we went to a few stores today, and I could feel my heart beating harder and I was sweating easily). Those bad haircuts didn't do us much good, but we're slowly getting better about all this. (Even though I feel like a damn Oompa Loompa with such short hair and a chubby face! Grrr... :evil: ) We've been reading deeply about meditation, and I'm going to get into the weight training books tomorrow (I just finished The Art Of Getting Well), so we're preparing for the meditating and exercises that we'll do during the cleanse. We have probably 1 more day of cooked food before doing the cleanse, and then we'll do the cleanse for however long we feel we need to. Anyway...

October 19, 2008

Dinner: fried zucchini & fruit pulp patties with fresh tomato slices on top (we were getting tired of raw zucchini :? )
Snack: fried zucchini chips & fries (lol, great potato chips and fries alternative! :lol: )

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:38 pm 
Rabbit

Things are going much better today. I did a little crying, then got determined to do some exercising! :boxer: My husband started meditating, but I haven't yet. I'm focusing on trying to reach my goal weight first, which is my main problem and concern. We also got into reading about Tai Chi and Qi Gong online, and are wanting to pick up books on them next time we go to the library (along with some Yoga books), and we'll look for DVDs of them, too. As for the cleanse, my husband and I decided we will officially start it on the 1st of next month (11 days away). Anyway...

October 20, 2008

Lunch: fried zucchini & fruit pulp patties with fresh tomato slices on top
Snack: fried zucchini chips & fries
Dinner: Amy's Pizza (spinach pizza with rice crust)

October 21, 2008

Lunch: bowl of fruit pulp with avocado mixed in
Dinner: sunflower seeds
Snack: 1 big tomato

Exercise: 4 mile walk & 30 minutes of weight-lifting exercises

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:30 pm 
Rabbit

Things have been a bit busy for us, as we're preparing to start the cleanse and are reading up on exercises and such to do during the cleanse. I was watching a Shakira music video on Youtube the other day, and it reminded me how I used to want to try belly dancing. I was like "Damn, if only I can do that, I bet I could not only lose weight more easily, but also get in better shape and tone my stomach!" lol. So, I brought up the idea to my husband, who kinda wasn't sure at first (I wouldn't blame him, what with belly dancing getting such a bad rap and all), but once I read up about the health benefits of it he was ok with it. So now I need to see about getting books and/or videos about that as well so I can learn it.

Also, my husband had another seizure on the night of the 22nd. I had no idea what the cause was, as the only thing we have really been doing differently is that we had a bag of pistachios that day (we just read that pistachios and peanuts contain glutamine and can help cause seizures, so I guess that's going on our list of foods not to buy anymore). He later told me that he used the shampoo (which he hadn't touched in a while), and so now we think it must be the wheat protein that's in the shampoo (we already suspected wheat as a problem for him). I have no idea why he felt he needed shampoo anyway, since he recently cut all his hair off. Either way, though, I'm gonna hide the shampoo from him. We're running out of types of shampoo to buy, what with all the bad ingredients many of them have. Anyway...

October 22, 2008

Lunch: tomato
Dinner: bag of pistachios

October 23, 2008

Lunch: sunflower seeds
Dinner: rice pasta and shredded seaweed with organic pasta sauce
Snack: 1 big tomato

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next