Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: I'm ready! Let's do this!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:56 pm 
Rabbit

jaleel wrote:
Nope, the human body needs at least 800 calories every day or it goes into starvation mode and clings on to the fat in your body. This is why a lot of anorexics run a constant a cycle called "2468" where day 1 they eat 200 calories, day 2 they eat 400, day three they eat 600 and then day 4 800 to trick their metabolism out of starvation mode. 4 Barlett pears a day is 400 calories, maybe less. I'm not suggesting you do this.

Really? Where'd you learn that? Because, uhh...unless my body's playing tricks on me, I swear I can't be going into "starvation mode". My pants have been getting looser at the waist. And my husband pointed out that my waist doesn't seem to be as big as before. Trust me, if my husband's noticing that I'm still shrinking at the waist, obviously that means weightloss, right? Therefore, no "starvation mode", and no clinging of fat. :wink:

Zack wrote:
I think this is wayyy overhyped.

Tigrebella, I'm proud of your progress! Though I don't agree with this diet, I do know that it can be beneficial in the short term, and to me you look a whole lot healthier. Nice job with that! :)

Thanks, Zack. :D That means a lot to me. Really, it does. Like I've said before, I'm not trying to force this on myself, and am just eating what/when I feel my body wants to eat. I wouldn't dream of going back to obsessing over food like I used to, constantly walking into the kitchen and wanting to eat just to have something in my mouth...what I'm learning from this experience is that my life doesn't revolve around food, and that when I'm truely hungry my body will let me know. I never said I'd go about it like this for longterm (like I guess many others may have been thinking?)...that all depends on what I feel my body wants. If my body pushes me to want to eat a lot more, I will...but I won't force food in my mouth when I'm obviously not hungry. It hurts me to feel that people might think I have an eating disorder when I don't (I don't obsess about my weight anymore like I used to, I don't look at food and think of how fat it will make me, I don't obsess over things like that, and my husband has been very watchful in making sure I'm ok and has noticed my more positive and energetic attitude). That's why I wish I had stopped posting my daily meals before this commotion...I'm paranoid enough about how people look at me and what they think of me, and I'm finally getting out of my paranoia and don't want to continue feeling that way forever. My husband has noticed my tremendous changes lately, and is very proud of me...I now love and respect my body (rather than hate it), I barely think about my weight issues anymore (and instead feel beautiful no matter what my weight will end up as), and I'm becoming more active than I've ever been. I think that that's definitely nowhere near an eating disorder. :)

Starting Weight: 240 pounds
Current Weight: 200 pounds
Goal Weight: < 180 pounds

"Listen to your mind, let your spirit free, and feel your body move with the rhythm of your life!"

"Let your body show you the way!"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:31 am 
Stegosaurus

I think you look great also.. :)

Your body will know when it's time to eat more. :wink:

Keep up the great work
be happy and stay safe ..
:heart:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:30 pm 
Elephant

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you when I posted that stuff.. Like I said, it's a delicate manner and I really didn't know how to go about saying it.

I've had an eating disorder before, and I started to worry as I read your blogs. I'm glad that you feel good and you're attaining your weight loss goals. You look great in your profile pic. I'm sorry for hijacking your thread like that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:28 pm 
Rabbit

Tasha wrote:
I think you look great also.. :)

Your body will know when it's time to eat more. :wink:

Keep up the great work
be happy and stay safe ..
:heart:

Thanks! :D

Marcina wrote:
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you when I posted that stuff.. Like I said, it's a delicate manner and I really didn't know how to go about saying it.

I've had an eating disorder before, and I started to worry as I read your blogs. I'm glad that you feel good and you're attaining your weight loss goals. You look great in your profile pic. I'm sorry for hijacking your thread like that.

It's ok. That's why I felt I had to explain myself, incase it was all just a misunderstanding. Really, don't worry about it, it happens. :)

And thanks! :D Wow...all these complements about my profile pic are really helping my confidence (don't worry, I won't let it all go to my head :wink: ).

"Listen to your mind, let your spirit free, and feel your body move with the rhythm of your life!"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:41 pm 
Rabbit

Well, I just thought I'd leave an update on what's going on...

I just recently had my period again, and I'm not sure if that's why, but it's quite an odd coincidence that I started craving greens and LOTS of them! lol. And oddly enough, when I eat greens by themselves, they don't have such a bitter taste to them (they usually do when I suddenly eat them after a long while without having them). So, anyway, I'm eating a bit more fruits and a lot more greens right now, as that's what my body seems to crave (probably due to the loss of blood and such). I haven't checked where I'm at weight-wise yet, as I don't care much about it. Though, I notice some more muscle forming, and my legs seem a bit more toned. I might decide to post some pics later, whenever I decide to start taking more pics. My mom's wanting me to send a pic to her, though, because she's so curious to see how I look after all the weight I told her I lost (I think she'll continue being doubtful about this lifestyle until she sees the results with her own eyes). Anyway, that's about it for now. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14