Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: weight training [in progress]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:09 am 
Gorilla

Not a problem man. I use to do my workouts at the house and still do from time to time. But there was a mall employee discount for this gym and I figured I could go super heavy there. The issue that I had this morning was there was a father and son team and they would take free weights from the light rack then use the mirror setup for the heavy rack, since it's longer. I normally setup an incline, decline and flat bench along the long mirror and pull from the heavy dumbs and hit my circuit. They seen me setup but decided to use my benches and the mirror I was on anyway. Of course I could of said something, but I'd probably come off to aggressive, so I decided to just change up my routine to accommodate them. I ended up doing my circuit at the house right before work, so no biggie. Funny thing is today was inventory day and I tell you the boxes were flying around :boxer:

Anyway, time to sleep.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:46 am 
Gorilla

Did back routine at the house. I woke up well rested by fairly irritable, so I decided it was best for the general public that I stay at home. Tomorrow I don't have work so I'll be in the gym for majority of the morning. I've got delts scheduled, but I'll probably test max for back.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:44 pm 
Gorilla

SAT went into the gym and did a heavy back routine that lasted almost 2 hours. Just wanted to make sure I got a solid session in since I did a home workout on WED. I also played around with a preacher curl machine. I like the feel of how the hand positioning is restricted. I found myself getting a better overall stretch on the bicep. I'll probably add that to bicep day. Last week THU and FRI was uninterrupted at the gym, so nothing different.

Today hit legs rather harder and longer than normal about 1h15m. I did my normal routine but added in an addition set of slow and controlled movement. Also went heavier on squats. Played around with walking lunges, but there isn't an area long enough to get any real progress going. I tried doing single lunges in trap cage, but it felt awkward. Ended the morning with a 10 min stretch.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:54 pm 
Gorilla

The gym hours are rather goofy starting TUE - FRI, so probably gonna do workouts at the house or I'll pop in the afternoon/evenings for split training at the gym. I'll basically play it by ear.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:41 pm 
Gorilla

Hit the gym from 11:30a to 2:00p. Basically hit everything hard, except legs. Had to work around a few people but since I was doing an overall workout--it wasn't too big a deal.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:49 am 
Elephant

Two and a half hours, wow, nice job. :boxer: How's it feeling today?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:58 pm 
Elephant

Season's greetings!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:01 pm 
Gorilla

vivalasvegans wrote:
Two and a half hours, wow, nice job. :boxer: How's it feeling today?

I feel great this morning, so much so that I went in from 9a when the gym opened to a little after 11am. I focused on chest, but initially went in to test my max on chest and legs. I went heavy with low rep then polished off each exercise with a moderate weight slow and control set with 1-2 sec squeezes/hold at the end of each rep. I am hoping that my chest will hurt tomorrow, but probably not.

I don't see making a habit of doing whole body workouts, but I might increase my isolation to an hour (instead of 45mins) then 15 min cardio to polish off the routine.

John V wrote:
Season's greetings!

Same to you my friend!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:05 pm 
Gorilla

Feeling some aching in the pec minor and my bicep. It's gotta be from that last standing cable fly work I did. Today is rest day but tomorrow it's back in the gym...all I know is I better not get bored today or I might be forced to make a stop into the gym.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:54 pm 
Gorilla

Did a leg routine this morning with just two minor additions. In order to engage the lateral head of the calf, I pointed my toes inward during calf presses. The second addition was toes inward during stiff back stiff legged lifts. Other the those two, I did my standard leg routine with increased weight. I am hoping my leg hurt tomorrow or after my nap, but for some reason I doubt it. I felt as if I could of gone heavier, but didn't want to tucker out before the end of my routine. I'll probably increase it again next week.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:26 am 
Gorilla

Weight: 206.8lbs @ 19.6% (40.5 lbs fat)

Feeling good about my numbers. The fat is slowly coming off while I am not tearing down as much muscle as I have in the past. Staying the course!

Took a little nap before work and when I woke up I felt that wonderful tightness and ache in my hamstrings!! Thank you deity of the workout!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:41 pm 
Gorilla

This morning was chest with triceps. I was forced to fatigue my triceps since I felt them engaging during my chest routine. Due to my chest being not up to par from the SAT workout.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:37 am 
Gorilla

Just a little pic update no big changes. Was finally able to get a non-blurry pic of the long head of my bicep. Excuse the intense face I'm making. I also made a few attempt to get back pics, but those were becoming ever increasingly frustrating. I couldn't hit the camera angle plus hold the proper pose. Anyway, figured I'd post something.

Attachments:
File comment: long head
pic123008_8.jpg
pic123008_8.jpg [ 34.22 KiB | Viewed 344 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:18 am 
Finch

Hello everyone. I decided it was time to get signed up vbbf and join my good friend Brada to further my health goals and meet new people with similar interests. More to come, Happy New Year everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:25 am 
Gorilla

Vegtopia wrote:
Hello everyone. I decided it was time to get signed up vbbf and join my good friend Brada to further my health goals and meet new people with similar interests. More to come, Happy New Year everyone.

We gotta get you over to the Introduction section to post some goals. Then have ya start a food blog/journal in the Online Training Journals & Blogs section.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 30  Next