Pink's Pink-Tastic journey to Pink-sexyness =P

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Dr. Pink
Elephant

Re: TVGH: Road to redemption

#31 Postby Dr. Pink » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:32 pm

I will. Though I quite literally can't start now( Literally ) since I've run out of food. Can't build muscle without food. Tomorrow I'm going shopping for food. So I can indeed start tomorrow.

Though that just includes pumping iron( Which I need an decent amount of protein to eat after which I don't have ATM). But I will do some sit-ups.

So. You say rice is the best carb? Over Pasta? What kind of rice? I'll see what I can pick up.

So far. I'll try and pick up potatoes, spinach, a little bit of soymilk for the mornings( Along with Bananas ), and from there whatever else.

What about rice pasta? Same as rice?

Anyways. Expect a sit-up update soon.
The Best Zelda forum/Site ever. It's got everything. A gamer, Fan Fic, RPG and even a section multimedia. And of course I'm a member. Have been for two years now.

Check it out here. http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/forums/index.php ^_^

Dr. Pink
Elephant

#32 Postby Dr. Pink » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:12 pm

Update:

Just did 50 sit-ups. 25 first. 2 minutes rest. 25 more.

Guess that means you need to do 100. =P.

Damn. I was out of breath after all that. I need to keep at it so I can get better.
The Best Zelda forum/Site ever. It's got everything. A gamer, Fan Fic, RPG and even a section multimedia. And of course I'm a member. Have been for two years now.

Dr. Pink
Elephant

#33 Postby Dr. Pink » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:02 am

things like pasta, bread and bagels are full of additives like flour, sugar, sodium and just a lot of crap.

I usually only buy Pasta with one ingredient. The flour it's made with. And it must be Organic. I quit Generic Pasta years ago( Maybe a year and a half or two ).

I'm also looking into getting a home pasta maker. And perhaps making my own out of Hemp and Quinoa. Processed Pasta. No thanks. Every time I had that junk I got sick.

I will try and incorporate more grains too.

Next set of abs in the morning. I will attempt to double my output. Push, Push, Push :twisted:.

I read a source( Well. Meaning a friend on another forum ) who suggested abdominal workouts being best hit on everyday of the week but one. That the abdominals are the fastest healing muscle group. So for example M-S with Sunday being a restful day seems like the best output.

Curious what you all think.

I myself will attempt that. Doing it morning and night is probably not necessary.

Dr. Pink
Elephant

#34 Postby Dr. Pink » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:08 pm

Update: 11:01 AM

Well. I wasn't able to do 100. More like 37. Must still be tired from yesterday. Since I'm still relatively new at this. I'm going to try and maintain the 50 x abs a day through December. Starting January it kicks up to 100 X a day( Always minus Sunday for rest...since Sunday is after all the least active day of the week ).

Form

Abs-25 X 1
Rest 3 minutes

Abs-11 X 1

Dr. Pink
Elephant

#35 Postby Dr. Pink » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:39 pm

Absolutely. Starting tomorrow. Late afternoon or early morning. Depending on the answer to this question.

Is it required to bulk eat/eat a lot of protein after push-ups or is that just for heavy ass lifters?

Vegan Joe
Stegosaurus

#36 Postby Vegan Joe » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:22 pm

The Doctors in the house!

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

Dr. Pink
Elephant

#37 Postby Dr. Pink » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:05 am

He's in the house alright. And he's gettin SWOL :wink:

Alright.

UPDATE: 11:02 PM

Sit-ups/Crunches

25 X 1
Rest 2 minutes or so
25 X 1

Push-ups
10 X 1
5 Seconds Rest
10 X 1
10 Seconds Rest
5 X 1

So. Overall 50 sit-ups and 25 Push-ups.
Will continue this routine Morning and Night
Going for doubling that by a week.

Dr. Pink
Elephant

#38 Postby Dr. Pink » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:43 am

Yeah. I'm not too good with the Push-Ups either. Just 10 felt like hell. Though I managed to do 25.

So. Got any advice on simple leg exercises? I got push-ups( Arms ) and sit-ups( Abs ). What's the "definitive" leg exercise?

Dr. Pink
Elephant

#39 Postby Dr. Pink » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:55 am

lolz. Thanks. Cool vid. They looked silly but it looks like fun. That would be a good thing to do in-between while I'm resting.

What are lunges good for? Legs too I'm guessing. But how do they compare to squats?

veggieprincess
Elephant

#40 Postby veggieprincess » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:32 am

jaleel wrote:Lunges mostly just work the quads and the glutes, the squat is more of a complete lowerbody exercise, with the lower back, the quads the hams and the calves. But hey, we can do both :boxer:

False. Lunges are the BEST exercise to hit all leg muscles IMO. They hit everything... There are so many variations on a lunge also. Forward lunges, reverse lunges, stationary lunges... and my personal favorite walking lunges... walking lunges with dumbbells, walking lunges with a barbell, walking lunges with a weight plate over your head. Lunges with one leg on a bench. Lunges are the BEST.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elEdOIJ8Zn8
http://www.veganpersonaltraining.com;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dr. Pink
Elephant

#41 Postby Dr. Pink » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:16 pm

^ HAHAHA XD. The more the merrier I guess. Let's all get SWOL

Begin

Update:

Currently 12:06PM. Begin Exercises

12:07PM
Completed 20 Sit-ups

12:09
Completed 20 Squats( No weights. Arms extended over head )

12:11
Completed 10 Push-ups

12:12
Completed 10 Push-ups

12:12
Completed 5 Push-Ups

Whooo. That's it for this morning. More to come tonight.
And when my body gets more used to this. That's when it double-tiume baby. :wink:

Dr. Pink
Elephant

#42 Postby Dr. Pink » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:06 pm

*Added* Ah-Ha. Time to get rock hard.
YEAH BUDDY.....:P

For the month of December. I shall be fallowing this simple formula. And hopefully it will pay off.

From December 1st to December 7th
Early Mornings( roughly 5am to 7am )
25 Sit-Ups/Crunches
25 Push-Ups
25 Forward Lunges
25 Squats
10 Pull-ups

Late Evenings( roughly 9PM to 11PM )
25 Sit-Ups/Crunches
25 Push-Ups
25 Forward Lunges
25 Squats
10 Pull-Ups

From December 7th to December 14th
25 Sit-Ups/Crunches
25 Push-Ups
25 Forward Lunges
25 Squats
20 Pull-Ups

Afternoon( Roughly 12-3PM )
25 Sit-Ups/Crunches
25 Push-Ups
25 Forward Lunges
25 Squats
20 Pull-Ups

25 Sit-Ups/Crunches
25 Push-Ups
25 Forward Lunges
25 Squats
20 Pull-Ups

From December 14 to December 21
50 Sit-Ups/Crunches
50 Push-Ups
50 Forward Lunges
50 Squats
40 Pull-Ups

50 Sit-Ups/Crunches
50 Push-Ups
50 Forward Lunges
50 Squats
40 Pull-Ups

From December 21 to December 30
50 Sit-Ups/Crunches
50 Push-Ups
50 Forward Lunges
50 Squats
40 Pull-Ups

Afternoon( Roughly 12-3PM )
50 Sit-Ups/Crunches
50 Push-Ups
50 Forward Lunges
50 Squats
40 Pull-Ups

50 Sit-Ups/Crunches
50 Push-Ups
50 Forward Lunges
50 Squats
40 Pull-Ups

It will be a trip through Hell. But hopefully this month will be the Month to get in shape. And starting January( The new year ). A new chapter. And possibly a gym membership to further improve my progress through bulking.

My Diet still needs fine tuning. I'll need to improve on that. I'd say the budget is pretty shitty. Around 10-15 bucks a week( If I'm lucky ).

So far. I've bought two half gallon things of soymilk( To have a shake every morning ) 3 pounds of Tofu( To be cut in half ), Potatoes( 3-4 a day ), Beans, Whole Wheat flour( which is left over ). And Mum's at the store buying the generic stuff for the family which I'll have to use. Like Non-Organic Veggies and Bananas. Eh. I take what I can get. For now.

Just for fun. My Optimum diet( What I'd be eating if I was bulking ).

Morning:
Main Meal:From 5-6am.
A pound of Pasta( Home Made ) cooked with A Pound of Tofu and a Pound of Spinach. Cooked in Home Made Pasta Sauce( Home Grown Tomatoes, Home Grown Cinnamon for a slight hint, a dash of sea salt ).

Drink-From 7-9am: A Half-Gallon of Soymilk( Home Made ) made into a super shake. No added sweetners.Flavored entirely with fresh fruit, and Organic, Fresh Coffee Beans. Washed first then added into blender( Not sure if you absolutely must cook/turn it into coffee directly. I'd imagine the coffee bean itself washed and blended into a cold drink would taste heavenly ) to make a super protein fruit ass kicker.

Afternoon:( What I'd probably be eating at work at lunch break ).
Lunch-From 12-2PM: Super Nut Mix. Almonds, Pecans, Walnuts, Cashews( Heck a bunch of em ) and raisins. No need for salt.

Drink-Right after: A super Fruit Shake( Random Fruits. Strawberries, Oranges, Grapes, Apples, Plums...whatever you can imagine....juiced ).

Snack before heading into gym.
Super Protein Shake
A Half-Gallon Soymilk, Hemp Protein Powder, A little bit of fruit( For taste ).

Dinner: Between 8-10 PM
Two Shakes. A super Veggie one and a Super Fruit one.

Dr. Pink
Elephant

#43 Postby Dr. Pink » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:23 pm

Wow/ Really? 6-350 calorie meals a day? That sounds kinda boring. I must admit. I can drink a half a gallon of soymilk( which would be about 800 calories ) and then do it again and in an hour I'm hungry.

I can eat a pound of Pasta( Which...Google is correct. It's usually either 1600 to 1700 calories )...on top of having tofu in there. And in two to three hours I'm hungry again.

I must have a bottomless stomach. =p.

I should google what counts as a 350 calorie meal. Or just see what some of the bulkers on here eat. And then fallow there advice.

Dr. Pink
Elephant

#44 Postby Dr. Pink » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:32 am

Lets see.

Just pulled off

25 Sit-Ups
25 Push-ups
25 squats
( I didn't count my lunges. But I crossed the living room 5 times ).
I was only able to pull off 4 Pull-Ups

Dr. Pink
Elephant

#45 Postby Dr. Pink » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Update: 1:24 PM

25 sit-ups
25 Push-Ups
25 lunges
Only managed 1 Pull up
slipped squats for this session.

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”