Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
 Post subject: Re: Re-gaining control. It's on like Donkey Kong
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:39 am 
Stegosaurus

djshrew wrote:
Sooo..... Its obviously been a while since I last posted. A lot has been going on personally in my life and social networks and working out (unfortunately) have taken a back seat.

So, here's the deal: My husband and I decided to separate and are pending a divorce, I've moved out of the house and am living back with my parents in a basement apartment.

DJShrew, I am sorry to hear that, even when circumstances are good a divorce can be very painful.

Quote:
I have a new job that I love. It is all for the best but it has been a huge adjustment and I am finally coming around to it all.

Good news. I've found that when my job situation has been right with my life just about all other issues are much more manageable.

Quote:
I've been in the gym still but my motivation has not been the best and I'm adjusting to working out in the mornings- getting there early enough for a full workout and cardio has been a problem. Additionally, with my new job I've had to adjust the times I eat and what I eat. I'm teaching and am not allowed to have nuts before work and am not supposed to have food in the classroom. so thats been a bitch.

I actually enjoy morning workouts, but I find it hard to move on to work the rest of the day so I know what you mean. Do you mean you aren't allowed to have nuts, even at home, before work? I read a news article a few years ago that a teenage girl with a peanut allergy died because he kissed a boy who had a peanut butter sandwich the day BEFORE. Is the school worried about that? That you might have a trace of nuts on your fingers or something like that?

Welcome back, it is nice to see an old familiar post :)

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:41 am 
Stegosaurus

djshrew wrote:
On another motivated note, I may utilize my company's tuition reimbursement deal and go get certified to teach in public schools as opposed to private- the money is better and I'd be able to utilize my Masters more I believe and wouldn't be limiting myself.

Interesting, I thought the compensation would be better in private schools.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

Last edited by beforewisdom on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:07 pm 
Elephant

Wow about the split. I saw it coming a while back though(gotta love a person who pays attention to people and their surroundings--go sociology. lol) Anyway.... Im too thinking about teaching. Graduating in December and then who knows.....

Getting control of everything means getting control of ones self and vice versa. Keep it up.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:38 pm 
VBB Moderator

Man, I hope things are getting better for you. Still working out? Haven't seen you post for a little while.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:01 am 
Gorilla

Well, it's been a long time since I last posted. I'm still working out- though not with the regularity I'd like.

Things are looking up, though =) I'm moving in a month to New Hampshire (about an hour from Boston). Hoping to get back on schedule once the move is all said and done.

I'll try to be a more active member of the community.

http://www.fires.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/firesmusic

Post subject: Re-gaining control. It's on like Donkey Kong
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:42 pm 
Gorilla

Well, I'm all moved and mostly settled in. The place where I live has a gym but it's seriously lacking. I really wanted to avoid the extra cost of a gym membership but I think it's vital for me.

I've been searching for cheap gyms near me. Of course, planet fitness is the cheapest. I really don't want to go there!!! I found another that is fairly cheap (about $19.99/month depending), I'm going to go in tomorrow after work to check it out and see what deals they may have.

http://www.fires.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/firesmusic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:22 pm 
VBB Moderator

How's the new home and new gym working out? Pun intended.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25