Re-gaining control. It's on like Donkey Kong

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Paige
Manatee

Re: It's on like Donkey Kong! 2 weeks out from OCB Pres. Cup

#196 Postby Paige » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:29 pm

Don't worry. You can cover anything with a good spray tan.

SeaSiren
Elephant

#197 Postby SeaSiren » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:31 am

Hey girl! you are doing great :)

many girls I know lose their cycle in the months close to comp due to low BF and stress on the body.

Tan covers a lot as stated above, so it's all good.

Where did you get your suit, and what s the color? I have three but am getting another this year, so shopping around!

djshrew
Gorilla

#198 Postby djshrew » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:07 pm

Thanks guys! I'm still a bit worried about the poison ivy, but I'm trying not to worry about it. I just hope it doesn't spread any more or get any worse ( not to be gross but covering up blisters may be a bit hard).

The suit it my pictures I got at fitnesspro.com it's a periwinkle color. but it' not the one I'm wearing at the comp. I ordered another from vandellacostumes.com and it will be a darkish purple (but I'm freaking out a bit since I haven't received it yet and the comp is next Saturday)

Paige
Manatee

#199 Postby Paige » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:31 pm

Hey, I checked out that fitnesspro.com site. Great site! Their suits looked great. Did you have a good experience ordering from them? What did you think of the quality, fit, etc?

djshrew
Gorilla

#200 Postby djshrew » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:46 pm

ordering from them was easy. the quality is alright and the fit is ok- you get what you pay for. I wanted a cheap suit since it is my first comp so I expected it to not be amazing.

djshrew
Gorilla

Re: 1 week- OCB Pres. Cup...the final countdown..

#201 Postby djshrew » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:08 am

So it's that time already, the final week!!
I don't know if it's normal but I must have the figure blues. I've been knocking my physique and I know I shouldn't. I just have little motivation to keep going. I just keep telling myself, "I've come a long way and have already won because I am in better shape than I was and will only continue to improve". Still tough though. plus my energy levels are pretty low.

anyhow, I've changed my song to Chemical Brothers Galvanize instead and am still waiting for my competition suit to arrive!! freaking out a bit! (at least I have my practice suit as a fall back).

Polygraph on Friday and have my tanning that day as well. I think I'll get my nails done that day as well (I plan on NOT getting fake nails- even though others do them I can't stand them and it would be a waste of my money).

In the meantime- gym and posing practice (need to get the posing perfect)!

still have some poison ivy- but the big spots just look like some weird birth mark at least.

Paige
Manatee

#202 Postby Paige » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:38 pm

I feel your pain! All I can say is that what makes us successful as competitors is that we keep going even when we don't feel like it and even when we feel that our results are not there. Patience and perserverance is what wins it. And you look great! Be proud! I only know this because I will be competing for the 21st time this month. What you are feeling is very normal. By the way, show day is a blast. Hang in there.

vivalasvegans
Elephant

#203 Postby vivalasvegans » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:45 pm

Galvanize is going to be awesome!

I wanna tell you to not be nervous but, a little bit of pre-competition nerves is good! You're going to have so much fun... You've worked so hard and done so much and come so far... it's true. You have already won.
Radical simply means "grasping things at the root." - Angela Davis

djshrew
Gorilla

#204 Postby djshrew » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:38 am

Thanks everyone! I'm not too nervous right now, I know that will change come Friday though. I'm really just looking forward to meeting other figure girls who can somewhat relate to what I've gone through (minus the crazy amount of chicken they have consumed I'm sure).

I've been debating about the nail thing- I've been trying hard to grow mine out so I didn't have to get them done. What do you guys think? I know presentation is a good portion of my score, will the nails make a huge difference?

julia
Manatee

#205 Postby julia » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:18 pm

I don't know a thing about figure competing.. But I think, that it's better to show what you got with the kind of nails you prefer, than to glue something onto your hands you don't really want to have. Looking good is very much linked to confidence, I believe. So if you feel the most confident with the natural length of your nails I'd say go for it..

Paige
Manatee

#206 Postby Paige » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:38 pm

My call is do the nails. Figure comps are usually pretty glitzy with suit, nails, and lots of bling.

robert
Site Admin

#207 Postby robert » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:12 pm

Hey you!

I won't be able to make it to your show after all but really hope to catch one in the future, maybe we'll be on stage on the same day at the same show sometime later on down the road.

I wish you the very best in your competition! Cheering for you from Wisconsin knowing you will kick butt! You're looking great! Can't wait to hear about the results!

Go get em!

Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Octopussoir
Elephant

#208 Postby Octopussoir » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:40 am

Ash,

Just to let you know, everyone is nervous their 1st time on stage! After that though, you wont feel nervous at all!

Go out there and kick some butt. We're all cheering for ya.
robert cheeke wrote:life's too short to not get SWOL!

Vegan Joe
Stegosaurus

#209 Postby Vegan Joe » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:51 am

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

Paige
Manatee

#210 Postby Paige » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:24 pm

Good luck! Have fun! And most of all remember that you have already won. (and don't forget to tell everyone that you do it vegan)

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”