Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 86  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vivalasvegans Victories
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:04 am 
Elephant

Hey Tasha, did you make it to the gym today? I was amazed at how crowded it was... all those people using their new christmas presents! It looks like you had a fun christmas! We had fun over here too...a nice, chill, good time.

Gym today: regular workout, took trimet to get there. I'm not going to start running outside till the streets clear... also I think i'm getting a little sick again.

Food today:
It was really hard to eat my usual today, i think partly because i ended up going most of the day without food and i was out in the weather (i walked home from the mall again.) It's getting near that munchy time of the month too. Tomorrow will be better.

9 a couple cups of coffee with soy
11 WORKOUT
1:30 1/2 vega bar
5:30 2 veg burgers with blended broccoli and ginger
some bites of stuffing
some baby greens and a tomato
quite a bit of popcorn
9:30 a zucchini, a tomato, a veg burger
some of a granola bar and 2 bites of brownie
OK this is not how I usually roll... i never eat brownies - i'm going to eat some flax now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:52 am 
Elephant

Yep. I sometimes try to be extra nice and smile to new people or say a few kind words around this time of year to them, but honestly, and I think they're really cute, but honestly, I do get annoyed at the extra wait times and the stupid crowding.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:23 pm 
Stegosaurus

See you later on today at the gym VV
Also you still need your shirt. So maybe you can swing by either later on today
Or you can come by sometime next week :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:15 am 
Elephant

Tasha! I looked all over for you, even in that class... sorry I missed ya, hope to catch you tomorrow, girlfriend.

Usual workout today, except my back was still bothering me a bit so I just screwed around on my core work with M, and I felt bad abut staying any longer because H's new tattoo was bothering her.

Food:
Random celery and a tomato
a scoop of vega with some water
coffee, soy
WORKOUT
1/2 vega bar
some celery, a tomato, and a couple mushrooms
some fresh baby greens and a veg burger
something like a cup of popcorn
some blenderized cauliflower and a jalapeño, with a tsp of powdered chocolate, dill, allspice, and basil over a veg burger
3 cups of popcorn, which i'm not so happy about

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:22 am 
Stegosaurus

Yeah I was hoping we would of ran into you too. What time did you get there at?
Lean and Green and thendanisays came out with me. So we arrived a little later. I was on one of the tredmills pretty much the whole time. Lean and Green was lifting and thendanisays was doing a killer circuit training.
I hope to run into you one day. Maybe if I go with Robert it'll be easier to find you
Take care
:)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

We'll all meet up soon!

Cool that the two of you are going to connect at the gym. A bunch of us go to the same place, so why not?

Have a Happy Holiday Season!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:00 am 
Elephant

Oh Tasha, um I don't know, maybe I left there about 3:30? I could be wrong though... yesterday seems so long ago. Rob, I think you're right... we will definitely all meet up soon. :) If I don't see you guys before Wednesday, have a safe happy new year's eve! Oh well, there's still 3 days - we're bound to see each other soon!

Workout: the usual, 30 mins elliptical, 30 mins running, biceps (added more weight and got a nice looking pump) triceps, abs, but only very little stretching today.

Food:
2 tsp miso
some celery, a scoop of vega with water
WORKOUT
some celery, 2 tomatoes, a little broccoli, and a veg burger
7 rice thins
a green pepper, a tomato, and a veg burger
a shot of patrõn
3 cups of popcorn
a few cocoa nibs
There is so much party food in this house. I need it to be gone.
Some cold leftover stuffing
Some chocolate truffle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:53 am 
Elephant

Glad to see your consistency. Good work!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:35 pm 
Stegosaurus

vivalasvegans wrote:
Oh Tasha, um I don't know, maybe I left there about 3:30? I could be wrong though... yesterday seems so long ago. Rob, I think you're right... we will definitely all meet up soon. :) If I don't see you guys before Wednesday, have a safe happy new year's eve! Oh well, there's still 3 days - we're bound to see each other soon!
a shot of patrõn

Yeah I think we left around 4
We'll meet up, I think we are planning to go today around 1:30-2.

It is hard to resist temptation when it's right in front of you! How dare them for giving you those lol
If you don't want them in there, give to them to people that will eat it.

what is patrõn?

Keep up the great work VV, it amazes me that you can find time away from your hectic busy schedule. To come to the gym.

Another thing I want to point out for running outside. Keep doing what you're doing on the tredmill. You'll know mentally when it's time to run outside. :) It took me probably a year to run outdoors. I think it's because I didn't want to. It felt a lot easier to run at the gym because I had a system. Back then (5-6 yrs) I would run for an hr first thing in the morning.(hr coffee brake) Do a step class at 9am. If I had to work at night, I would do weights at noon. Go to work at night. Or if I wasn't working at night I would skip the weights at noon and go to a boot camp or a rebounder class at night. If I worked both jobs, I would just do the run and step in the morning. And work at noon until midnight. I did this everyday and a day off every couple of weeks from the gym. But no days off for work.
I think once I get my head in mentally, I'll be a lot more Constant.

Oh well any how, as I totally talk you ear off.

My Coach introduce me to Chi Running. You should check out this web site. It really helped improved my running.
My personal best 3 years ago was 36min 10k.
Chi Running http://www.chirunning.com/shop/home.php
I would lend you my CD. But I already lent it to someone. So you can copy it off my computer if you want to.

Best wishes for you to the New Years VV!! :) We have to meet up soon
Take care
Tasha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:07 am 
Elephant

Thanks John, I needed that after my trip into leftover party food land. :)

Aw, Tasha, I didn't get to the gym till about 5 today.

Patrón is a really smooth kind of top shelf tequila made all from agave. Most cheap tequilas have no agave or very little, it's different than the expensive stuff. Patrón is my favorite because it's so smooth, and with a little lime and salt, on a hot day, it really hits the spot.

Yeah I've checked out the chirunning site, just reading around it helped me think about getting my stride more right, which is helping in injury recovery *i think* and wow yeah i would love to get our computers together, if their owners can ever swing it!

Tasha that's such an intense work out schedule you built in to your busy work days. Damn girl, you are hardcore! I don't even come close to that, but it's kind of along the same idea, that's why I wanted to work on running outside over winter break... How did you know when you were finally ready to run outside?

Another thing I figured out about my hesitation to take it outside - I don't wanna run on a track because I think tracks are so boring, but I'm intimidated by taking it to the unpredictable terrain of sidewalks/streets... afraid it will aggravate my injury. If I do this I'm going to have to do it when it's light out.

Workout notes: 30 minutes running is no problem really except a bit boring, I'm finding myself turning the speed up to run during what usually has been a 5 minute walking cool down... taking the run a little faster, especially at the end. I can't seem to turn the resistance up higher that 3 for very long on the elliptical cuz it bugs my leg, but I'm still taking it pretty fast. Today was deltoid day - I was a little emo, so I did reverse pec flys till failure. ROOOOAAAAR that felt so good.

Food:
2 tsp miso
some celery
some zucchini strand pasta with tomato, mushroom, and 1 1/2 veg sausages (120 cals, 12 g pro)
coffee, soy
WORKOUT
1/2 vega bar
bok choy, carrot, and 2 veg burgers (200 cals, 26 g pro)
6 rice thins
a tsp of ground flax
2 cups of popcorn
some cocoa nibs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:49 pm 
Stegosaurus

vivalasvegans wrote:
Aw, Tasha, I didn't get to the gym till about 5 today.

We just miss you again. We left just after 5. We arrived about 3:30 and left after 5 ish.
We'll run into together soon.
vivalasvegans wrote:
Yeah I've checked out the chirunning site, just reading around it helped me think about getting my stride more right, which is helping in injury recovery *i think* and wow yeah i would love to get our computers together, if their owners can ever swing it!

lol Do you have one those portable devices that loads information from other computers ?

vivalasvegans wrote:
Tasha that's such an intense work out schedule you built in to your busy work days. Damn girl, you are hardcore! I don't even come close to that, but it's kind of along the same idea, that's why I wanted to work on running outside over winter break... How did you know when you were finally ready to run outside?

I mentally felt like I should because I wanted a change of scenery. After a while It gets boring running on a belt all the time.
I started running on trails. I felt it was a lot softer on my legs and better on my shoes, then hitting the hard pavement. I didn't have to worry about stop lights, traffic or other cyclists in the way.
I felt free you know ?
There was one part were you had to watch out for horse back riders, people walking their dogs. You just had to try to go on not so busy times. If you wanted to avoid this.
This was a great 10km loop. A lot of professional triathletes trained on this course. People like Brendan Brazier, Simon Whitfield, Kristen Sweeney, Brent McMahon etc...
http://www.crd.bc.ca/parks/documents/el ... map_bw.pdf
Brendan introduce me to this run. This one was my favorite courses. I always felt some kind of rush to avoid the golf balls. Nothing ever came close to hitting me, but it was fun to think about.
http://www.golfcedarhill.com/index.php

Yeah google around for trails in Portland. I'm sure there's a ton. You might actually enjoy it a lot better then running inside all of the time. But remember just to take baby steps. I know I did especially when I got hit hard by a car from riding my bike. After being off the road for 9 months. I felt it was time to go back on the roads again. And then a year later I knew it felt right to train by myself again.

vivalasvegans wrote:
Another thing I figured out about my hesitation to take it outside - I don't wanna run on a track because I think tracks are so boring, but I'm intimidated by taking it to the unpredictable terrain of sidewalks/streets... afraid it will aggravate my injury. If I do this I'm going to have to do it when it's light out.

Cool I look forward to reading about it soon :)

vivalasvegans wrote:
2 tsp miso

I have the best raw miso tahini dressing recipe, that Lean and Green and thendanisays shared with me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:57 pm 
Elephant

Ooo recipe swap time. I have a lot of tahini recipes, i love tahini-miso mixes num num.I have this soup that can be made hot or cold with tahini, miso, and ginger, it's pretty good. I loved seeing you at the gym yesterday Tasha! Now to get our computers together!

So I don;t think I will be running trails, any time son, if ever. I'm having a pretty hard time walking on trails... all it takes is one half buried tree root to cause my knee some grief... I wanna work up to it. Speaking of working up to stuff:

I ran outside on a track yesterday, only a half mile. I stopped halfway through to sort of scan myself and see how my injury was doing. It was fine. When I got home my knee was complaining a bit, but it went away pretty fast. I can do this. It's gonna happen. Some random thoughts about it:

- I love how freeing it is to run outside. I can sing to my ipod, smell a little bad and not worry about it, be more hood.
- I love how I can do it any time (only when it's light out for now, especially because I'm so clumsy.)
- I got to figure out some gear that will work for me, like when I'm gonna wanna wear short sleeves or long sleeves or sleeveless, I hate being caught with too much sleevage, it's kind of a pet peeve of mine. I don;t wanna be caught outside with a hat and gloves and have to carry them if I don't need them. I'm a baby like that. Maybe I should just get tougher and less picky. But I think the easier and more comfortable I make this for myself, the better success I will have.
- I don't think I'll go outside today, I'm going to give my body a day to integrate it, and probably hit it again tomorrow.
- All in all, wicked yay for me!

Yesterday's gym workout - The usual, plus a few extra abs, bicep tricep day.

Yesterday food:
2 tsp miso
a zucchini, tomato, celery, and a veg sausage
a scoop of vega w/ h2o and a celery
coffee, soy
WORKOUT
1/2 vega bar
2 rice thins
some nappa cabbage with portabello and 2 veg burgers
2 rice thins

Note to self on shoes: those supernovas are like running on happy soft squishy marshmallows. Better than the current pair of neutrals even.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:38 pm 
Elephant

First off huge CONGRATS for running outside! Especially in the cold cold weather, brrrrrrrrr.! :lol:
It's not too cold here, in Orlando during the winter but when it is colder, 50 degrees and under people vary in what they wear.
Some tend to still wear shorts, a long sleeve running type shirt, and if there's a lot of wind maybe a hat, and gloves. It's important to keep your hands and feet warm because they get colder faster, because the way the blood circulates in the body, and that can cause problems. I also love how running outside makes me feel. :D I have absolutely no comment about the way a person smells when they run, lol.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:15 pm 
Elephant

Running out side is true liberty.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:06 pm 
Gorilla

vivalasvegans wrote:
- I love how freeing it is to run outside. I can sing to my ipod, smell a little bad and not worry about it, be more hood.

I love what you said here!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 86  Next