Here we go...

hryan77

Decided that I need to hold myself accountable for what I'm eating and the exercise that I'm currently not doing...so I thought I'd start my own log. Already had a bad start to the day eating wise and exercise wise so tomorrow will be my first day (my slip ups so far today is what is prompting me to start this). I already write down what I eat and the exercise I do, but I thought that if I have to post it for all to see it will be more motivation and will help keeping me from slipping up!!!

More to follow....

My Specific Goals:

1) Regain control over my body and mind

2) Stop the mindless eating and only eat when I'm truly hungry

3) Make better food choices

4) Lose 8 lbs

5) Regain my definition

6) Get back to being in the gym 6-7 days a week (LIKE I USED TO!!!!)

Thankfully I still have old pictures to motivate me...I try to think back and remember what I was doing back then...it's simple: I was making healthy eating choices and I was busting my butt working out!!!! I'm not sure what happened that I lost all my drive but I'm too stubborn to not have the old me back!!!!!!!

Well todady has been both a good day and bad day...bad because I didn't make it to the gym...but I've been cleaning my house like a crazy woman...and it was much needed...currently taking a break right now. Good because I've been so busy and focused and stressed that I haven't had the time or desire to eat mindlessly like I have been....

What i ate today:

salad with portabella and broccoli sprouts and sugar free dressing

Supplements:

probiotics

digestive enzymes

multivitamin

I found the thing that stopped me mindlessly eating was keeping a log.

Not only keeping a log and counting the calories, but setting a number, 2200, and pretending that was a monetary amount.

So what I do throughout the day is constatly keep check on how many more calories I can "spend" not only did it stop me from mindless eating, but it made me eat way better just so I could eat more throughout the day.

So instead of spending 200 calories 1 peice of dessert that would only bring me plesure for maybe 5 minutes I will chose to spend that 200 on something like PB and celery that can last like 20 min while watching a movie or something.

Its done great things for me, and I swear I am eating all freaking day( if I want to)

great ! I wish you to succeed in your goals ! some of them will be pretty easy like losing 8 pounds I guess it won't be too difficult for you. But some others like to change completely the way to eat and to think about eating sometimes it can take half a life ! between always thinking about food, and never think about food. It is like : I do not hit, my fist hits.

I like when sometimes for a couple of weeks or months I notice that I never think about food or eating, because my mind have other things more important to think, like when I'm reading a really good book or because I work all the times, etc. In those cases, I only eat when I'm hungry and I don't desire a food in particular, just what I have. So I better have healthy foods.

Just a quick post...this week has been interesting...haven't done the best job of sticking to my diet so I'll save myself the embarrasment of even mentioning that...however I have been to the gym 5 mornings in a row! I should feel pretty excited about that because I couldn't tell you how long it's been since I've done that, but the scale hasn't budged so I'm beyond frustrated...oh well I've taken some baby steps so...

I am going to tell you two things to save you some serious time and horrid frustration.

#1. Keeping to your "diet" is the most important part of the journey. You can rock it in the gym, but if you are not eating towards your goal you will not see the results you want.

#2. STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF! This is needless tourture. The best thing you can do is take a picture now, and work your ass off and eat well for a month, then take another pic and see how much you have changed.Weight changes throughout the day a lot depending on water/sodium intake and many other things, monitering yourself this way, unless you are trying to gain weight, is a needless unacurate stresser.

Contemplating taking the batteries out of the scale after tomorrow morning. i ate like CRAPOLA today so i'm going to want to see how much damage I've done...i'm up 4lbs since this morning God knows how that is possible...getting frustrated with myself and fighting a case of giving up...ugh

Trying to figure out why I've (in the past few months) have started eating when I'm bored...that's just not like me...i get bored at work so I eat...bored at home...i eat. This is a new one for me...I'm so busy (well not at work) so I'd figure I have no time for mindless eating but lately I've made the time...LOL Tired of having several "tomorrow is new day" moments throughout the week...hoping the next few days are a good jolt to my system...can't eat tomorrow until after 3pm and sunday I can only have clear liquids and won't be able to eat until monday night because of a medical procedure...same goes for Wednesday. Maybe it will be a kick to my system...have had a ton of sugar cravings lately...maybe because it's candy season...LOL Although if memory serves me correct I always struggle with my weight around this time of the year...usually don't hit a healthy stride until after the new year...don't intend to wait that long since I've gained 10 lbs since march.

So I guess this is where I say tomorrow is a new day...have a fridge and freezer full of veggies and tofu so i don't have any excuses and I've officially banned nuts from my house since I eat them like they are going out of style.

Contemplating taking the batteries out of the scale after tomorrow morning.

I think that's a great idea!!!! But I think you should to it tonight.

You just started working out again... that could effect that random little number on the scale...

You may be near TOM... that could effect that random little number on the scale....

You could be stressed out and retaining water due to stress... that could effect the number on the scale...

You could have something medical going on... that could effect the number....

You could be eating too much salt... that could effect that random number.

That number means very little no matter how much we like to see it going down. Sometimes when we start working out after a long break, the body perceives this as a big shock to the system and won't let go of fat until it figures out what the heck your doing.

I have two words for you...

be patient.... be patient... be patient....

if your working out and not stuffing your face with bad carbs (a few pieces of candy doesen't count)... your not gaining fat, your retaining water... From the food logs you sent me, it doesen't sound like you eat alot anyway, so just trust that isn't actual fat you see on the scale and take your original suggestion... TAKE THE BATTERIES OUT OF THE SCALE... TONIGHT!!!

This is what I was talking about, veggieprincess has it right.

I said your weight fluctuates throughout the day, the human body is constantly playing with water/sodium intake and out.

I could through a bunch of fancy medical words in this post to show you that I know what I am talking about but I would rather just see you kill your scale, and settle down.

Workout for the health of it and the esoterics will come with it.

Like veggieprincess said PATIENCE!!!

Ha I've never seen Jericho not sure who it is...but thanks!

I've been on the scale about half a dozen times today ugh!!! OH it was so much more than a few pieces of candy. UGH! But today is a new day...VP got my calipers an emailed you with the yuckie number...20.9% I was at 12% at one point in life...would like to be there again.

So far today has been good...did 60 minutes on my xbike this morning, squats and deadlifts...still need to do abs. Would like to do more cardio but I have a take home exam to do and another exam to study for...and MSU is currently on and beating Notre Dame...woo hoo! Go Javon! Had a colonic today (TMI??) and that caused a three pound gain in water weight...but I'm carrying over two extra pounds from my binge yesterday on top of that.

Have eaten two low carb pitas with hummus and am making a stiry fry with just veggies...won't be able to eat tomorrow or until Monday night...maybe that will shock my system.

My binge yesterday and water retention today is making me feel like a whale. Not that the scale budged last week at all anyway...stayed at 122 all week. There one was a time when I could drop 2-4 pounds in a week..seems those days are behind me. I'm trying to be patient but I just want that damn scale to move and not up anymore...when I had my colonic today I guess my liver was detoxing...that's what i was told...she said that could be why I've been craving sugar because my liver was out of whack. i can say for sure that I haven't touched any of that damn candy corn today...LOL I should just put it in the trash.

Still need to take out the batteries from the scale...I promise I will...my recent weight gain...up 6 lbs since April has made me obsessive and depressed. I'd be happy to get back to 115 again, I'd prefer to be back to 112 when I was 12% body fat, but who knows if I'll be able to..certainly not in the time frame I want...and then there is the stupid smoking which i know is hindering so much.

VP - now that you have my body fat number I'm way looking forward to my diet and exercise plan...off to try to motivate myself to do school stuff and watch the Spartans!

No exercise today...was going to get up and do an hour of cardio but decided to rest today...have worked out the past 6 days in a row which is something i haven't done for a long time and I'm going to give my body a rest. Plus I can't eat anything today...slept in until 11 guessing i need the sleep because i still feel drained although I have a huge exam Monday and another on Wednesday so I know i'm stressing about that because I really haven't started studying yet.

Going to get up and do an hour of cardio tomorrow since I can sleep in a little and don't have to be at the hospital until 10:30ish...may still do some abs work today as a study break. Dreading later today i have to drink 64 ounces of prep solution in four hours the stuff is just horrible...have to make sure to get plenty of fluids before hand...

My weight has finally started to level off from my binges although I'm still up a pound. Decided to put my main focus on cardio for a bit since that is how I've gotten the most results in the past.

Has anyone ever flipped through Clean Eating Magazine? Picked up a copy a few weeks ago...lots of non vegan recipes but they could be modified...

Hi there,

I've been reading your journal and it seems you and I have a lot in common. I, too, am trying to get my binging tendencies under control. So far, you've gotten some really good advice. I agree with zinzen's suggestion about tracking calories. http://caloriecount.about.com is a site that I like a lot. It's easier to stop the mindless eating when you realize how detrimental "one little bite" can be. Throwing away the scale was something that I did too. I would weigh myself and not be happy with what I saw, which made me upset and less likely to give it my all in the gym and more likely to pig out! I even had to toss the nuts like you too! I have a nut addiction and I'm not afraid to admit it. I pretty much threw out anything that was easy to snack on like crackers, etc. Even though they may be "healthy," it's extra calories that I just don't need. I find myself with 8 pounds to lose like you, so maybe we can hold each other accountable. PM me if you'd like to chat and good luck with your tests!!!