Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: alpha edge
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:37 am 
Mastodon

I have changed up my macros a ton, veggieprincess would be proud, I've cut down on carbs a LOT. Eating more fats now as well.

335 Squat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:20 am 
Elephant

I'm a big believer in fats when it comes to bulking. It might also make you gain fat but the muscles that I have is built on peanutbutter and peanuts :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:01 pm 
Elephant

Studied the whole day. It was nice. I ate oatmeal with seeds and berries for breakfast. Hot chocolate (rice milk), banana, pumpkin/sunflower seeds as a snack. Hummus and ruccola on whole wheat bread as another snack. Large salad with ruccola, avocado, red and white beans and bell peppers for "late lunch". Snacking on roasted soybeans while studying at my friends place. Hummus, salad and avocado whole wheat sandwhiches with hot chocolate (soy) for "dinner".
Protein about 130grams. Fat, I don't even want to think about it. I'm gonna make a late night snack of popped buck wheat, quinoa, dates, seeds, nuts and soymilk. YB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:36 pm 
Elephant

Shoulder day today. I did clean and presses 50x7x6x6x6, about 8 sets of rear delts (I know that it's a little too much but they are slacking behind), seated shoulder presses superset with lateral side raises and some heave calf work.
Eating was good today except that I bloated up for some reason. I don't understand why because I didn't eat anything unsual. I should really watch my diet more closely because this usually never happens to me but the last three weeks it has happened like 2 or 3 times. It makes me look worse when I'm naked and it makes it harder to train properly.
Despite the bloating thing I took some pics before the gym today. I'll post them in my progress thread soon. I must warn you that I've lost a lot of weight, a lot of muscle and I am pale as an icebear (but not cute as one). http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=13304&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:18 pm 
Elephant

Arm day. A trainer kept telling me stuff though. Complaining about my form in different excersises. I was pissed, then she asked me out, I was happy again. I did about 12 sets for triceps and 12 for biceps. A lot of dropsets and supersets.
Eating isn't going well. I don't have time to prepare enough real meals because I have to study so much. Bulking for real probably wonät happen untill late this month. :?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:00 pm 
Elephant

The last two days have been really crappy. I've felt bummed and I had lower back pains so I couldn't work out. Now at the end of the day things seem to look better. Studies are going okay so tomorrow I think I'm gonna hit the gym "lightly".
Stay Alpha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:47 am 
Rabbit

sorry to hear about you back pains. Hope it gets better soon

Back pains are the worst. I usually have about once a month this back pain episode that lasts from 5 to 15minutes. During that I can't do anything but moan

knit fast - die warm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:47 pm 
Elephant

I get them from lying to much on my back being a lazy ass. I always had them about three years ago because I used my laptop in my bed. I did the same last weekend and that was a bad idea. Honestly, my back pain is over but I don't feel like working out because school is taking all my freaking time and I'm exhausted from not eating properly. I'll be back in action October 25th for real. Thanks for "checking in" on me :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:28 am 
Elephant

I trained chest today! It was amazing. I had almost forgotten how nice the pump is.
I focused on full contraction and contact instead of ower. Did incline dumbbell presses (30kg), flat bench dumbbell presses(30kg) SS with flies and then I went to dips SS with pec dec machine. Also did some sit ups and crunches. I'm trying to focus on school as much as possible but it's hard not to train since I see the gym at the train station every day. When I'm resting from studying I'm trying to put together a "optimal" (do not read raw food) diet for clean bulking. It's fun!
Peas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

The pump feels nice doesn't it.

All the best with studies man. Make sure you spend a lot of time focused on studies..It will pay off in a major way later on.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:09 pm 
Elephant

Back session! Deadlifts (102,5 kg) superset with machine rows, wide lat pulldowns, cable rows and I also did som calves stuff. Eating has been good today. I did an early workout so I only had a energy bar (thrive diet) for breakfast, then some apples, oatmeal with sunflowerseeds and coconut, whole wheat hummus/avocado sandwhiches, more energy bars (love them) and then more sandwhiches and a smoothie. I'm going pretty high in calories and I'm still hungry. It seems like my body wants me to bulk.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:51 pm 
Elephant

glad to see that you're back at the iron!

what kind of deadlifts are you doing? straight leg? or the "normal" ones? i was thinking about adding them to my work out but i think they're working too much for my legs and my back day is right after the leg day.

The Squat:

“It's a great excuse to wear a big ass belt that makes you look less fat.”

- Dave Tate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:04 pm 
Elephant

Yeah it's great being back. I can't believe how I survived a week without it.
I do straight legged on leg days and "normal" ones on back days. I feel it a lot in my legs too. I go for power so I don't focus on my back or anything. But I do
1. Shoulders
2. Arms
3. Legs
4. Chest
5. Back
So I have time to recover. I'm still having a little problem with the negative part of the movement on the normal deadlifts. But I'm getting there. I think you should add them. I've only been doing them for a couple of weeks but it feels great. And since everyone says it's one of the best excersises it's probably worth trying. :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:26 pm 
Elephant

Abs and calves today. It was fun but I'm not very creative when it comes to abs training. I did weighted sit ups and crunches. Reversed crunches, leg raises, hanging leg raises etc. For calves I did standing and seated calf presses supersetted. I also did calf presses in the smith.
Eating was good. Oatmeal and energy bar for breakfast. Whole wheat hummus/avocado sandwhiches for snack. Kidney bean salad for lunch. Took an apple when I got home and then hit the gym. Two bananas for recovery. Then I had chick pea yofu thingy with baked potatoes for dinner. Later I'm probably gonna snack on some sandwhiches, nuts, fruits and energy bars. I love that my eating is going well, hopefully this will continue because diet is the most important part for building muscle for me. Kick it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:42 pm 
Elephant

No training today. I'm gonna hit up shoulders tomorrow and I'm siked about it!
I ate good today so far
1: EAA. Oatmeal, raisins, coconut, apple and energy bars
2: Chickpeas, yofu, baked potatoes
3: Whole wheat bread, hummus, avocado. Smoothie with soymilk, red beets, banana, hemp- and flaxseeds
4: ENERGY PILLS (really they were bars but I was watching cost of redemption so...)
5: Probably a fruit, nut and cocoa salad. We'll find out

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next