Penguin lifting weights (HC-PG)

So I'm starting my own training and food-topic here and would like to have comments/tips about my eating and training. I wasn't sure, if I would be up for this, but now, as my weight has been the same for two months, I thought I'd need some feedback about my training and eating habits.

Today I did nothing (I'm just about to go for a nice walk outside...), but I'll post something tomorrow, since I'm attending this "weightlifting school" and then some boxing.

I got a personal invitation for that "weightlifting school" from one of its instructors as some kind of a pick-up line or something. He even offered to give me some personal training, as the "school" thing doesn't really fit into my schedule (for this one day per week). I guess my friend Irina was right when she said that it's a turn-on for men to see a woman lifting weights.

But I'm excited to see, what that weightlifting school is all about. And I'm looking forward to get to do some boxing again.

Foods: I had a cheat day yesterday as I ate chips and candy for the first time for a while. Today I haven't eaten that much, since I've been pretty lazy and busy elsewhere.

edit. about ½ hour of jogging with my dog. Now my calves are on fire!!!

Edited by HCPinGviini

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, I like seeing women lift. So many women seem to think being skinny is sexy, Guys aren't healthy skinny or flabby, and women aren't either.

One of my Jiu-Jitsu instructers is a women; I love rolling with her because she's slightly lighter and weaker than me, and submits me every time, usually within 2 minutes; its a good reminder that ultimate physical dominance is more about technique, timing, and knowledge than brute strength or power.

it is true that girls who lift weights and who do even kickboxing or other combat training are a real turn-on, well to me they are way more than girls who do nothing else than smoking and drinking (and eating meat)

Tell us how your first course went. It's been so long since I want to practice some martial arts too. I've tried Judo but I was just a kid.

I'm with I'm your man on this one. I'm glad we agree! I hope your training goes well and you don't get harassed at the gym. I see a lot of guys staring at the girls who lift, and I figure that's got to be distracting sometimes, but I commend those who stick to their work and are not bothered.

it is true that girls who lift weights and who do even kickboxing or other combat training are a real turn-on, well to me they are way more than girls who do nothing else than smoking and drinking (and eating meat)

Tell us how your first course went. It's been so long since I want to practice some martial arts too. I've tried Judo but I was just a kid.

I knew it! As I've lifted weights at my gym for over three months now, it seems to me, that the less there's other women around, the more I get attention. Unfortunately I look really skinny now, but nobody there has said anything bad about it.

But I can't help myself looking at all those lovely ladies there, who have lifted for years and have really nice muscular and lean bodies... I'm nothing compared to them, but I'll get there some day.

My first course of boxing was two weeks ago. It was amazing, since that day I tried both boxercise and real boxing - and end up with boxing, since I felt so awful (it was really tough for me).

I have to quit now, my bf just dumped me...

My first course of boxing was two weeks ago. It was amazing, since that day I tried both boxercise and real boxing - and end up with boxing, since I felt so awful (it was really tough for me).

I have to quit now, my bf just dumped me...

You have to quit boxing or typing?

You have to quit boxing or typing?

Typing. I was in a hurry, since I met my personal trainer (or so he seems to be) at 5 pm and I was already late.

beforewishdom, my hero, hard to explain, but our love was/is dying and this was going to happen eventually. Sooner or later etc. Lack of strong emotions, I think. I'm just mad about how he pretended like nothing really was going on, as I was there yesterday (from friday to sunday). But I knew it all along, that something wasn't right.

But back into my training now.

Today I had a personal trainer, as there wasn't any weightlifting school session going on (we have our Autumn holiday this week and because of it, no training session was held). But Mikko, the guy I mentioned earlier, was there and he said that he'll train me for that time.

So I got this stick that was something like 1lbs and a bar weighting 2lbs.

With those I practiced some deep squats, good mornings, clean and presses and overhead presses. My knees almost killed me, since the supporting muscles in (on?) my knees are very weak. And I had to do a lot of squats and clean and presses. As the session ended, my feets felt like flubber. So weak. And I was really annoyed since I didn't had the time to get me something to eat after training, so...

Okay, then boxing. I didn't finish the warm-up, as my feets were aching after all that weight lifting. Our second trainer, who seems like such an idiot, had returned and I was forced to be trained by him. I can't stand that little man as he shouts all the time (Pinkie might remember what I'm talking about here ) and really teases a lot. But as I tried to do my best, he didn't shout at me like before. I got yelled only about two times today.

No sparring today. But he made me do some skipping (for 5 rounds) and then I throwed around this 3kg (6lbs?) medicine ball and my arms just loved it... They were extremely sore after it.

I was really worn out after the session, but happier too then what I was before. I'll do some more streching soon before I'll go to bed.

Today was a good day. Even though it's 13th. Tomorrow I'm meeting my other ex-bf.

Oh yeah, today I ate:

Breakfast: four-grain porridge with added wheat fibre and grounded flax seeds, sweetened with fructose and added some salt (as my blood pressure is so low and I almost don't use salt at all).

Lunch: (School lunch) Chili sin carne with potatoes and salad. Our schools lunches rarely have any protein at all, so now as it had a lot of beans, I ate it A LOT!

After school I only ate two sandwitches and one soy yoghurt, since I was in a hurry. And had lots of other things to do, like sitting in front of my PC. As I got the call, I didn't feel like eating anything (as I felt really sad).

When I got home: More bread and soy yoghurt. I'm too tired to fix myself any dinner, so today I'm having a bad food day.

Hey that's great, you're working hard; calves on fire, feets aching, arms sore...

Your trainers seem funny from the description you're making of them. Looks like they all want to be your official personal trainers, they must find you adorable !

No sparring today. But he made me do some skipping (for 5 rounds) and then I throwed around this 3kg (6lbs?) medicine ball and my arms just loved it... They were extremely sore after it.
yes, 3 kg is approximately 6 lbs.

I'm glad to see/hear about someone doing Full Squats instead of parallel squats and Clean and Presses and OHP instead of Bench Pressing. Keep up the good work.

I did try to do Full squats before, but I had problems with the proper form. And just a month ago I added Overhead Press into my training program. Bench doesn't seem to work out for me as my weights haven't improved with it, I'm still working out with 25kg as my PB.

I had a pretty traumatic experience with bench pressing as the first time I tried it three years ago, I couldn't lift it up from my chest and I was alone at my schools gym at the time. After that I didn't had the courage to try bench alone. Until I went to the gym with Cuthalu and with his help I'm now a bit stronger than what I was before.

But thank you for your comments.

I'm your man: Do I make them sound funny? Mikko, my weight lifting coach, is a meat eater and has competed for 15 or 17 years (I don't know much about this, since he didn't tell much). He seems pretty old so now I'm just wondering, what is he up to, since last night I got a message from him as he asked, how did my boxing session went and did I feel sore after all that weight lifting. Some friendly chatting, I think.

Jussi, my boxing coach, is really unpatienced and REALLY foul mouthed (swearing all the time) and he really pisses me off as I'm used to be teached in more... polite ways as I practiced Ryukyu-Kempo/Kyusho aiki jutsu and little bit of Aikido and Ryushinkan Goju-Ryu (karate). I don't really like it how he at my first day of boxing was so tough on me and it seems also suspicious how he slaps girls asses sometimes after technique practicing. But as I'm not turning my back towards him, he hasn't slapped mine yet.

Damn, I wish I was adorable. Now I'm just feeling completely wrecked. But yeah, I train hard, but I wish that my eating habits would be as good as my training is. At least now I'm having some major troubles with eating, since I'm feeling really nausea at the moment. For no specific reason, just some love sickness or something. Miserable me.

Get a new coach and/or change schools; you'll never learn what you can if you don't connect with your coaches training style and goals; you both gotta be on the same page.

You should try to eat A LOT MORE raw simple carbs like fresh fruit(it should be your principal calorie source); all those starches your eating aren't going to get you to the top of your game-they burn dirty, and to be edible, they require too much goopy condiments like spices and oils. Try an all fruit fast for 3 days-nothing but fresh, whole raw fruit-you'll see what I'm talking about.

You should try to eat A LOT MORE raw simple carbs like fresh fruit(it should be your principal calorie source); all those starches your eating aren't going to get you to the top of your game-they burn dirty, and to be edible, they require too much goopy condiments like spices and oils. Try an all fruit fast for 3 days-nothing but fresh, whole raw fruit-you'll see what I'm talking about.

That was a bad example of my day, butI do eat fruits, veggies and such a lot too. I don't think that fast would do me any good and fruits aren't any good for me as I can't eat a lot and I wouldn't get as much calories as I'd need by going raw. And I don't want to get orthorexia/anorexia again.

Today I ate:

Oatmeal + flax seeds and a glass of juice (made from our own grapes )

An orange soon after that and cashew nuts

(as I returned back home again:)

a big serving of lentils"risotto" with carrots

Protein shake (soy)

Now I'm going to get some apples.

As you can see, I already eat so little that there's hardly enough calories and if I would have eaten fruits instead of all that cooked food, then I would have had less calories than this way. There was a time (when I was an omni) as I ate mostly fruits. Like 1,5kg of fruits/day and then my BMI was 15 and even under 15 at some point (without being disordered). These things might not have a connection, but still I doubt that I would be any healthier with fasting with fruits or eating less grains and more fruit.

No hard feelings.

Today: Boxing

But that's it, I'm not going there, if I have to be tought by that man. He's just awful and I HATE him. He's such a jerk. He yelled at me today, as my partner was this stupid girl who doesn't do anything right. I hate her too. She doesn't listen to a word I say and just giggles.

Well today that coach of mine yelled at me so badly (and for a reason that wasn't my own) that I just broke down and cried for it. Then I just left, 'cause I didn't feel like doing anything else at that time.

Going to find myself a new club.

Thanks a lot you guys and girls!

Today I raked leaves for two hours. Now I'm taking a break, but my intention is to get back there as there's still lot to do and I just loved it how it made my arms and upper back feel. And it's nice to be outside, when it's not freezing yet.

I haven't been to the gym for a while, as my stomach hasn't been feeling good lately and I've had other problems too. But monday is my gym day, so I'll see you after that.