Danny's Workout Log

Thx! Between rounds I usually take one minute rest, after 5 rounds I take 10 minutes while I do some stretching.

Sometimes I do up to three "sets" (15 rounds). Anyway next time will be a little tougher... and I'll get those drills too...

Damn, my post must have been deleted or I did something wrong.

I'll try again:

Th, Oct. 16

Routine A

DB Bench Press 55 lb. 3x 10 reps

Deadlift 135 lb. 3x 10 reps (still going easy on this one in fear of back pain)

Lat pull ups (narrow grip) 10 8 6 reps

Ab work

Feel free to comment and ask questions...

Yea, there is no need to go super heavy right off the bat, especially with the chance of injury being realistic. As well as bringing your progress to a complete halt!

I find doing a warm-up set with just the bar and collars (50lbs) for deadlifts and stiff legged lifts are ideal. It gives you a change to make sure your form is pristine; your legs are at just the right width, the bar is coming up to the right spot, your hips have the right range of motion, etc. I like the fact that my joints will pop and creak on the 50lbs verses the "real" load.

@ LocalBrada

That's what I'm thinking... I'm struggling with back pains. Its nothing serious, sometimes it just feels a little strange.

It could be that broken computer chair (I'm using a regular table chair now) or the deadlifting or other stuff. It feels okay now.

And this is the first time (since I started 10 days ago) I ever did barbell squats so I'd rather have the muscle dudes give me

pitying looks at the gym than mess myself up... I am improving though.

Doing squats as well as deadlifts (both 145 lb.) I do the empty bar to start off with, then add one 25 plate on both sides and do

2 warm up sets and after that I add another 2 25 plates and do my three work sets. So 3 warm up and 3 work sets.

I always warm up on the threadmill (usually 8 mph for about 5 minutes or less if I start sweating) and always wear a hoodie to stay warm

when lifting.

@ Gaia

No, I work out in the gym so they have wide grip pull up bars. I grip just outside the 2 bars holding the bar on the frame.

So a little more than shoulder width.

@ chariot

Yes, I went from Kung Fu to "classic" Kickboxing to Muay Thai Kickboxing, the latter I plan on continuing so I try to keep my endurance (my main goal in working out the last

years) the way it is...

Ok, today's routine:

Saturday, Oct. 18

Routine B

Squats 3x10 145

DB Bent Over Row 3x10 55

DB Military Press 3x10 45

Dips 3x10 Bodyweight(?)

Abwork 2 sets of leg raises, 2 sets of Russian Twists and 2 sets of side bends

How is the back feeling, Danny? I actually started incorporating a bunch of high rep lower back exercises with moderate weight to help with my lower back. It seems to be doing the trick. I'll do like 18-20 rep bent over rows and t-bar lifts, just to get the lower back in proper form, position and tightening. It might be a nice warm up for you to do once in the gym.

My back is doing okay! Thanx for asking. Today I was at the gym for a personal training session that came with the contract.

I worked on the correct form of the heavy ones, like deadlifts and squats. I didn't have the impression she knew too much

though and was sort of insecure, she was cute though. I should maybe check out what it takes to be trainer.

After the session I did a workout on my own.

And I weighed myself today (with shoes and clothes on): 170lb. let's take 3lb. off and we're at 167lb. bodyweight.

Th, Oct. 30

Routine A

DB Bench Press 60 (10,7,6)

Lat Pullups (3x10)

2 sets of leg raises

2 sets of situps

Edited by Danny

The weightlifting part alone usually takes me a good hour depending on the routine, B is a bit longer than A.

I do a couple minutes of running on the treadmill and a couple minutes of stretching after lifting usually reaching for your toes while sitting down for the most part and the muscles I worked on that day (like chest or shoulders).

Depending on the exercise I do one to three warmup sets. I take relatively long breaks between sets.

Tue, Nov 11.

Routine B

DB Military Press 55 (3x8)

DB Bent over Row 70 (3x10)

Dips (3x10)

Squats 195 (3x10)

Edited by Danny

Su, Nov. 16

Routine B

Squats 195 (3x10)

DB Military Press (3x10)

DB Bent over rows 70 (3x10)

Russian twists 18 (2x10)

Side Bends 50 (2x10)

I plan on doing bagwork tomorrow, haven't done it in a while and I've been really neglecting cardio in general.

Note: I don't write my cardio down anymore. I plan on being back on Tuesday and getting my 10 reps down at 60 pound

bench press.