Let's try this again...Holly's Journal take two

Ok so this is my second attempt at a journal/workout log/yadda yadda...

Was doing really well...3 lbs from my weight goal, was feeling good, and all that...then the holiday approached, winter blues set in and all of that went out the window and in came binge eating, dragging my ass, etc.

So I'm pretty much up all the weight I lost plus some...not really sure as I FINALLY threw out my scale...YIPPEE!!!!

Started a journal/log/blog blah blah on another site...but was getting no support from the omnis...never really experienced anything like that and it's made me temporarily jaded I think....I figured since it was all women on the site I'd get some support but found myself alone and at times criticized for my lifestyle choices...told that I couldn't follow "their" diets unless I ate meat...whatever. So I’m done posting there…I’ll still lurk (HA) but this vegan is keeping her trap shut…don’t need to be put down for my choices when I certainly don’t put any of them down for eating meat, dairy, eggs, etc…

Either way I've set personal goals for myself for 2009 as well as health, diet and exercise goals and once again I'd like to feel accountable to other people as well as myself and a way to track my journey back to health, fitness and happiness.

I’m sure I’ll touch on my personal goals from time to time, but the diet and exercise goals I’ve set for myself are:

1) eat clean, no junk, sugar, etc…I will allow myself 1 cheat meal a month but that’s it

2) eat every 3 hours…I have been having trouble with this…I can’t maintain an eating “schedule”

3) up my water intake…I’m horrible about this

4) get back into an exercise routine that I enjoy and not dread…part of the problem is that I have been so focused on losing this stupid weight (just some background I was down to 110 last winter because I was depressed and got back to 115 and was happy there, but got really sick over the summer…I have a lot of digestive problems and they got progressively worse…ended up in and out of the hospital and ER…had 4 polyps removed and still have a ton of problems with all of that…any way got up to 125ish and have been struggling to get the weight off I was at 118 before the holidays) and I have forgotten how much I used to love to work out…that it was just part of my lifestyle…a stress relief, a “hobby”…now it’s like it’s a means to an end…and I don’t want it to be like that anymore

Ummmm…I guess for now that is plenty because it sure as hell has been a struggle thus far…

I was starting to get back on track with cleaning up my diet post holiday but totally binged again tonight…why I have no idea…no real rhyme or reason…just did it. So rather than be like the majority of the population and start my new “habits” on January 1st…I’m getting back on track tomorrow…

So here’s to a new start…

OK so today has become day 1...had a lonely food filled evening last night...ugh sick! So glad I threw out my scale....at this point I don't even want to know how much damage I've done.

Doubt there will be a workout today as I'm sick and I haven't eaten yet but I've only been up for less than an hour.

I really think that being on and off work, not knowing what day it is, etc has totally screwed me up. Hopefully getting back on a schedule will remedy that!

You can do it. Please try not to be so hard on yourself. If this stuff we're easy, we'd all have our ideal physiques. But it's about consistency, not perfection... You'll get there if you accept that you're not perfect, and its what you do more often than not that counts... not once in awhile.

Good goals you've laid out for yourself. And YAY for throwing away the scale!!!

You can do it. Please try not to be so hard on yourself. If this stuff we're easy, we'd all have our ideal physiques. But it's about consistency, not perfection... You'll get there if you accept that you're not perfect, and its what you do more often than not that counts... not once in awhile.

Good goals you've laid out for yourself. And YAY for throwing away the scale!!!

Hey! These past few weeks over the holidays have been HORRIBLE...I was kicking butt on the diet and with workouts and have COMPLETELY gotten off track...tried to get back on today and ugh yeah no. Yup scale went in the trash....I was pretty proud about that!!!

Hey Neighbor

Glad to see you posting and your list of goals. We GOTTA get together soon. I'm about a half hour from you so no excuses! And you WILL be joining us for the North American Vegan Fitness Vacation in Ann Arbor in August ..... right?

Hey there!!

Yeah I really want to check that out...when will you have more info on it?

Day 1...yup had another one of those nights. I'm not sure what is going on with my body or me in general. Guess after all the sugar over the holidays it's hard to kick the sugar and crap eating habit...have also just been eating too much and not doing a thing. Still really sick and honestly I'm starting to think that part of it has to do with my poor eating as of late...my body isn't used to all this junk.

My goal(s) for today and it's a small goal but I have to start somewhere to get back on track is:

1) stick to my diet...no extras, no sugars, no crap

2) drink at least 64 ounces of water...or tea or whatever...right now I have 8 of those 64 ounces down...I feel like I need to flush my system.

3) get in an hour of cardio tonight

I think those are pretty attainable goals...I mean it isn't much at all...but once you get off track it's hard as hell to get back on...but the lapse in my diet and exercise is really taking a toll...weight wise, mentally, physically...I'm just drained, sick, no energy.

So far so good...

M1- Soy PP, almond milk & raspberries

M2 - Wheat/Flax Wrap with spinach, mustard, 4 vegan deli slices

M3 - Spinach tossed with a cut up apple, vinegar and some seasoning

M4 - meal replacement shake, almond milk & blueberries

M5 -salad with frozen broccoli/carrot blend, sol veggie patty

As far as water goes...I've had a cup of morning thunder tea, a cup of a combo of cleansing tea and some get regular tea, and a combo of cleansing tea and green tea

ok so no exercise as of yet...I'm tired, I'm crabby and sick...I'm mad at how many steps back I've taken and since I haven't had much in the way of GOOD food all the veggies are making me bloated ugh...that's what I get...*sigh*...I really was looking and feeling great...now I look and feel gross

Ok so here's my summary of Day 1...my journey to getting back on track...

M1- Soy PP, almond milk & raspberries

M2 - Wheat/Flax Wrap with spinach, mustard, 4 vegan deli slices

M3 - Spinach tossed with a cut up apple, vinegar and some seasoning

M4 - Meal replacement shake, almond milk & blueberries

M5 -Herb salad blend with frozen broccoli/carrot blend, sol veggie patty

Getting ready to start a mini circuit workout because I'm not really motivated or up for doing cardio...

Plan to do:

Abs

Pushups

Squats

Calf Lifts

may add something else in...

This is nothing to be proud of...not in the least...I was a few weeks from attaining most of my fitness goals and threw it all out the window in a matter of two weeks...I think while I'm getting back on track I need to figure out why i sabotage myself, why I allow myself to get so far off track and to be so slow to get back on track...I used to be so determined focused, driven...lately I'm not sure what is going on.

Still sick...ugh! I went to bed around 11 last night and slept for 12 hours...no work out yet unless you count all the cleaning I've been doing...my house is a wreck and my vacuum has decided that it no longer cares to pick up dog hair. My youngest dog sheds like mad!! I literally now have to bust out my rug steam cleaner every other week because it's the only thing that will pick up the hair and i'm pretty sure I could build a new dog out of all of the hair. My vacuum is barely a year old and is made for PET HAIR!!! Ugh!

In any case, I was feeling sort of ok when I woke up but am all stuffed up again and hacking and I'm sure the steam cleaning won't help because it seems like every time I do it I get sick.

So far so good eating wise

M1 - Wheat/flax lavash with boca, spinach and hummus

M2 - PP, almond milk, blueberries & a small apple

M3 - shirataki noodles, sauce, spinach sol veggie burger

M4 - organic raw food bar

I'd really like to go to the gym later but i may work out here...seems kinda rude to go to the gym sick and spread my germs.

Not sure if I mentioned this previously and I wouldn't mind feedback, but I have an x-bike...it's a bike built to mimic mountain biking...and it has a mountain bike seat on it...well lately when I ride it my left leg goes numb...not sure if I'm pinching a nerve or what...but I used to ride it over an hour a day and never had that problem (ok well that was a few years ago) I wear mountain bike shorts when I ride it to uh lessen the monkey butt effect but for whatever reason my leg goes numb.

Edited by hryan77

Even though it sucks when you get sick when you really want to start it's better to wait it out IMO. You're going to have thousands of awesome workouts throughout your life so torturing yourself to one extra (that might result in not being able to train for a week) is not worth it.

Cleaning is boring.

Even though it sucks when you get sick when you really want to start it's better to wait it out IMO. You're going to have thousands of awesome workouts throughout your life so torturing yourself to one extra (that might result in not being able to train for a week) is not worth it.

Cleaning is boring.

Cleaning sucks!!! Yeah I'm back on track with my diet, vitamins, and what not...so that's better than nothing...I may try to do a little but as far as cardio goes I'm pretty much going to wait until Monday...considering I slept 12 hours last night I'd say I'm still fighting something!!!

Up late once again today which is fine by me...I'm back on 9 1/2 hour work days tomorrow (we don't get paid for lunch how nice)...so I'm enjoying the rest and trying to recoop from this cold...starting to feel a lot better. Starting tomorrow I'm going to go directly from work to the gym that way I can't come home and make excuses...hopefully it won't be too busy then but we'll see. Prior to the holidays I was fine with coming home and changing and going or waiting a few hours and going but I'm getting back on track so I need to eliminate any potential for excuses to not go....my dogs are going to hate me because they are used to my current schedule but they will adjust.

Not sure if I'll workout today...I'm still trying to give my body time to adjust to eating healthy again, on a schedule, getting my vitmains in my system and totally recoop...the bloating from all the sugar and junk finally seems to be going away. Need to get motivated to do something around my house so I'm not sitting on my butt all day...but it's cold and gloomy and i'd love nothing more than to just stay wrapped up on the couch all day.

M1 - wheat/flax lavash w/sol veggie burger, hummus and herb salad mix

M2 - apple nuked for a minute sprinkled with cinnamon

M3 - meal replacement powder, almond milk, raspberries

M4 - raw organic food bar

M5 - shirataki noodles, boca burger, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms and hot sauce....(yes hot sauce goes on everything in this house!)

So as I was drinking my third meal I kept thinking wow this tastes different...so after I went back in the kitchen I looked at the almond milk which I had just bought...uh it expired in May 2008...YIKES!!! I haven't gotten sick yet...

Edited by hryan77

dont work your cold back up again.

9.5 hours plus gym may be a little much right away.

Even the energizer bunny needs a recharge.

yeah I know but I haven't done any cardio since last monday...I had high hopes of doing an hour of cardio tomorrow but uh I'm thinking I'll start at 45 minutes...

Barely slept last night...typical Sunday night anxiety about work and such...just thinking too much. I'd be surprised if I got 4 hours of sleep...surprisingly I'm not feeling too tired.

Meals

M1 - meal replacement shake, almond milk & blueberries

M2 - apple

M3 - wheat/flax lavash with vegan lunch meat, & herb salad blend, broccoli & cauliflower tossed with vinegar

M4 - meal replacement shake

M5 - herb salad blend, amy's burger, mushrooms, red bell pepper & some pumpkin seeds

Snack - celery and hummus

Worked out at home tonight...

Workout:

Abs

pushups

bent over dumbbell rows

shoulder press

tricep dips

hammer curls

30 minutes on my x-bike

Still not feeling great...coughing a lot so didn't go hard or for very long

Edited by hryan77

Hello from Ohio. I use my training log as a confessional some times, too. Relax, you're among friends now. We're all in it for the long run, so don't sweat the small stuff. I wish I was as close to my body-fat goals as you are yours!

Hello from Ohio. I use my training log as a confessional some times, too. Relax, you're among friends now. We're all in it for the long run, so don't sweat the small stuff. I wish I was as close to my body-fat goals as you are yours!

Hello!! What are your goals if you don't mind me asking...

Yeah sometimes I just need to vent ya know...and it's better than talking to myself!

Some of the omni boards I posted on were so critical and catty...it's so nice to be amongst like minded people with similar goals!!

My intermediate goals include losing bf enough to be a strong 85 kgs and lowering my resting HR significantly.

My long term goal is to live long!

My ultimate goal is the elimination of suffering for all sentient beings, but I'll probably take a few weeks to get that done!

Edited by John V

This is day 5 of being back on track and I'm starting to feel a lot better...

M1 - Soy PP, almond milk, blueberries

M2 - apple

M3 - wheat/flax lavash with spinach and vegan deli meat, spinach and mushroom salad tossed with vinegar

snack - broccoli & cauliflower & seeds

M4 - meal replacement shake

M5 - amy's burger and stir fried veggies & apple and pb2

I ate way too much today...my calories were probably around 1200 but that's more than i like to eat

Workout -

Abs

Cardio - x-bike: 45 minutes

Edited by hryan77