Vixen's Half Marathon Training Blog

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Vixen
Rabbit

Vixen's Half Marathon Training Blog

#1 Postby Vixen » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:42 pm

Here is my blog/journal for my training for the "I Run For Chocolate and Champagne" Half Marathon in July 2009 in Alameda, CA.
Last edited by Vixen on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hsorlando
Elephant

Re: Vixen's Half Marathon Training Blog

#2 Postby hsorlando » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:50 pm

I'm going to really enjoy reading your fitness journal, since a half marathon sounds like a distance I might actually be able to manage. :lol: Have you ever run a half before?
The devotion of thought to an honest achievement makes the achievement possible.

Vixen
Rabbit

#3 Postby Vixen » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:11 am

I haven't done a half before, but I have done a 5k and regularly run although I have recently fallen into a slump because of final exams. I like the idea of doing a half because its more manageable than a full but still something I can feel very proud of completing.

Vixen
Rabbit

#4 Postby Vixen » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:12 am

I decided today that I am going to substitute my daily latte habit with a daily tea habit. I need to bring my body fat percentage down if I am going to be in the shape to complete a half. Plus I think the caffeine is starting to get to me.

robert
Site Admin

#5 Postby robert » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:48 am

Awesome!

Best of luck to you!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

plinerd
Rabbit

#6 Postby plinerd » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:34 pm

Just wanted to wish you luck. The half marathon is a GREAT distance. Someone put it this way once and it's so true: it's long enough for you to get a nice runner's high and get cruising (there's a point where it's almost easier to keep going than to stop!) and then JUST as you're getting to a wall or getting tired, it's over! AWESOME. I hope you find this to be true for you. :D

Manuel
Rabbit

#7 Postby Manuel » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:29 pm

I want to wish you good luck, too.

Do you want to write down your training program? Or how you want to get fit for this long distance?

(Maybe I'd like to do this distance somewhen too. I'm able to do 10km at times, but each time I get knee or leg ache for 1-2 weeks :roll: )

Vixen
Rabbit

#8 Postby Vixen » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:53 pm

I've been living with my gf for the last couple of weeks so I have been away from my home gym. I signed up for a free week at a local Gold's Gym. Its been smelly and crowded but I've managed to put in several miles a day on the treadmill and some free weights.

I've been contemplating what my weight lifting regiment should be this semester. I'm taking a resistance training class that has two different programs, one for increasing muscle mass and another for toning/muscle maintenance. The muscle maintenance program looks like the better option will I am doing my half-marathon training.

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”