my progress

Well, it's not progress yet! Right now it's just a plan.....

I've not been happy with my weight for some time, and I would like to lose about 15 pounds. I know this is a bodybuilding site, but I'm not sure about 'training', although I know lifting weights is supposed to help expediate weight loss. I'm not sure I would be able to keep it up long term.

I've never really tried to lose weight on purpose before, so I'm not sure what I should be taking in, calorie wise. I've heard 1200-1500. But I think I'd be really hungry eating only 1200 calories a day. For reference, I am 26, I am 5'6 tall, and I weigh just under 140.

I just joined a gym, and they have lots of classes there, I might try those. They have weight lifting classes too, perhaps that would be a good place to start? If not, how long should I stay in the weight room? An hour?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

If you split the 1200-1500 calories into 4-5 meals a day every 2.5 - 3 hours and you varied the calories each time, like 200 at 7 am, 300 at 10, and 150 at 11:30, snack, etc., then that would work and keep your metabolism even and your glucose levels even. You really won't be hungry.

Plus drink water and don't drink calories, use stevia to make lemonade or something, but really just drink water and eat things with high fiber to keep the fullness. Like 300 calories of white, refined, crapola will make you hungry sooner. But 300 calories of nutrient dense, fiber packed, whole food will not make you hungry. In fact, the more nutrient dense your food is, the less hungry you will be *if* you don't exercise. Eat breakfast! Force yourself.

There's others more qualified to answer this, but this is what has worked for me and I'm never hungry.

That seems doable, I think. I've heard eating small meals is better for you.

This is really exciting, I feel like a whole new world of nutrition and health are being opened up to me!

(I just realized how cheesy that sounds..... good thing this is the internet!)