Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: LnG's RawVeganBodybuilder Video Blog; 15 DAYS OUT :o
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:54 am 
Elephant

SHOWTIME! I WANNA BEAT IM' AH AHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHH >:-)

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Post subject: Re: LnG's RawVeganBodybuilder Video Blog; 14 DAYS OUT :o
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:03 am 
Stegosaurus

with those abs I think you will!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:55 am 
Manatee

Show them all how Vegans do it! Yeah man!

Follow Me on Twitter!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:03 pm 
Rabbit

L&G, the sun warrior package arrived, thanks so much for the note and extra goodies!

You totally rule!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:29 pm 
Elephant

The best of luck to all of you! :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:35 am 
Site Admin

I'm really proud of you brother, and I had a great time competing with you. I look forward to the next two weeks of hard training and tearing things up in the desert in AZ. Yeah Buddy!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:00 pm 
Elephant

Pic from the local show over here on Saturday.

I came in second to Robert which was cool; that's my vegan brother in iron. Of course I was still devestated. Honestly and no offense RC, I really thought I was going to take you. Robert is bigger than me but I was so damn conditioned. My abs were by far much bettr than anyones on stage, no comparison. Perhaps, as thendanisays, they're so conditioned, that they take away from ym upper body? Second to the best overall, I was the most conditioned. Then in the Men's open, they placed me fourth out of four.

It was a very happy but very sad day for me. I kept to myself yesterday and layed low. Ate alot a HUGE refill day. Back to the strict diet today for sure. Looking forward to trying it out again on Arizona.

I knew this going into the comp. I was a skinny dude around christmas time when Robert approached me to do this documentary. Muscle memory or not, there was only so much time to "bulk up" before I had to shred down and do a show. But this was my chance to put myself out there. To work hard and make a good showing. To show everyone just what can be done on a RAW vegan diet in less than 15 weeks. I did just that and I came in conditioned and thendanisays reminded me of that afterwards and i'm trying to keep that in perspective.

All in all i'm proud of myself and what i've managed to accomplish in such a short amount of time by hard work and perserverance. Truly I am not ashamed by any means of my lack of placing or what have you and I do feel I have represented Raw Veganism and cruelty free living appropriately and with impressive fashion for this documentary. I hope everyone else feels the same :D

And guess what? I'm going to heal my shoulder up so that I can once again train my chest properly (that was what the judges claimed hurt my placing the most); train hard and compete next year in the same show and place better! Show them what's up and not back down.

The last show I did 7 yrs ago all the competitors were much bigger then me but i got the nod even with clearly inferior posing because of my conditioning. This show it was all about size. Every comp and every organization is diff. This was the INBA. The next one is INBF, which is the same one i've competed in in the past. Let's see what happens; i'm not giving up the fight!!!!

Most importantly, i'm looking forward to uniting with Jimi and reuniting with Robert on stage together with a big presence. Let's do this ;) :boxer:

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Post subject: Re: LnG's RawVeganBodybuilder Video Blog; 12 DAYS OUT :o
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:10 pm 
Manatee

Hey bro, you did great. The reports I heard from back home were all, "WOW, that guy is f*&*ing conditioned." A second place to an overall is never a bad thing. Also you did this as a RAW foodie with fifteen weeks of lead time. You are a true iron animal!!

Now enough of how great you are. Get out there, rehab the shoulder, stay in great condition and crush it. BTW--When I get to town, you better be ready to talk conditioning. I am damn ready to listen because if I can take my size and pair it with what you are doing to bring those abs in, I am going to be unstoppable in late season on the east coast.

Keep it up!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:29 pm 
Elephant

Practicing my routine :D

26 _ Posing before the Night ShowPractice makes perfect!!. (04/11/09)
This is after the pre juding at a local competition. I am practicing my night routine and then I highlight a couple of mandatories. Hopefully all that work with a posing coach has paid off? I feel much more confident posing now, even though I still need to work at it :)

Joelk wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:59 pm 
Elephant

Lean and Green wrote:

Pic from the local show over here on Saturday.

You look seriously ripped and well balanced. Focusing only on size in competitions is bs, but in any case you are bringing out the very best in raw veganism.

Hopefully I'll look like that some day. :popcorn:

I run a vegan food webstore and retail store chain in Finland. Please check http://www.vegetukku.fi for more information (sry, only in Finnish)!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:36 pm 
Elephant

Besides your legs your chest is the other thing i noticed in this picture! Cannot believe thats what they said lacked. Bro, you for sho look like a bronze statue!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:37 pm 
Rabbit

That picture is so rad. Great work man!

Post subject: Re: LnG's RawVeganBodybuilder Video Blog; 11 DAYS OUT :o
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:24 am 
Elephant

WOOO my chest workout today was done with so much emotion and rigor I blasted the hell out of my muscle bellies which were LOADED with glycogen from my refill day. Never have I had such aggression and drive to walk in and out the gym a monster. I am going to continue on and do some final tweaking these next 10 days..

I have ALOT to say about why I lost and what could have drastically changed the decision. Luckily enough, I will be able to make alot of changes for the big show and it will be putting my best foot forward for sure. I am excited to try a different approach which I will talk about in the next VLOG ;)

For now please enjoy some of the pictures that thendanisays took of us before and then during the prejudging!

Also I have't forgot all the nice things everyone wrote and I would like to acknowledge and respond

@Thanks cubby2112 and I most certainly did squeeze em' up there!

@MaryStella, the abs weren't enough and seemingly took away from my upper body actually as they're so developed! Next show I am coming in much differently and we'll see how it works!

@Mikkei; hope we showed em'! Thanks for all your help and assistance and support and overall awesomeness in general. I enjoyed your company most importantly and Shauna as well (did i spell it right); she rocks! Your review was great too I read it!

@Dean; thanks man; hope you're enjoying the Sunwarrior and freebies. Let me know if there is anything I can ever do for you going forward as well ;)

@Hsorlando; thanks for your best of luck, it hit the spot when i was stressing out like mad the day before!

@DCNINJA; regardless of what you heard, it didn't seem to matter to the judges. I felt it was heavily biased on size. All well and good; i'll adjust accordingly. INBF, let's see what's up with this show; should be interesting. They're the org that placed me at the top for conditioning back in the day. I'll be fuller also though, on purpose ;) Thanks for all your kind words. I hear your one of the top ninjas nationwide! Richard betta watch out over there in England! I am going to get huge this year, provided everything goes according to plan. But for now let's focus on the final stretch and new methods of showing.

@Tuc; I agree wholeheartedly but ti is what it is. They just want me to last and work harder and i hear that message. It's all good. Thanks for telling me i'm highlighting th ebest in raw veganism. That feels really good to hear. I hate the even greater stigmata about us as far as being 'stick' figures and I really hope this doesn't contribute to that. I did the best I could with my parameters and timeframe ;)

@OctoPussior; i know brother. We're gonna make sure that doesn't happen to yuo. I'll hit you up this week about it. That's what was so good about this practice run. It gave us a chance to see what's up and now we'll not make the same mistakes twice for the grand finale.

@bvp663; I love that pic too man! DarthVegan took a SWEEEEET shot; big ups to you Randall!!!! Thanks so much

Joelk wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:31 am 
Site Admin

Nice work man!

You were shredded! Much leaner than me! I worked 2 hours in the gym today sweating to try to fix that...and back on low carbs (sorry I was starving on the phone and had to go shortly tonight).

Anyway, looking SWEET dude! Well done! I really need to tighten things up, especially in my stomach and chest!

Cool to see pics...I haven't seen many yet.

Almost 3AM and we're both still up......we need more REST! Just sent out newsletter, hope to get more funding to keep us going through AZ and still allow me to pay rent on time. I was late last month and fined $100....just not enough to get the bills paid on time...but working hard to fix that! Thanks for all the work www.veganproteins.com is doing to help raise funds! Can't do it without you!

Yeah Buddy!

...go to sleep....

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:06 am 
Elephant

Yea brother we really need a daytime hobby. Oh wait we do that already and we still never sleep! In my defense; I took a 3 hours daytime nap today and over 8 hours the night before.

Unfortunately the 3 hours nap was right after 4 1/2 minutes into a nice romantic movie that I was looking forward to cuddling up with thedanisays to watch. I guess I really screwed that one up!!!!!!!!!!!1 I tried my baby. Let's watch it soon? :(

Joelk wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next